[Support] Marzel - Remotely

Hi Everyone, The build associated with this docker app is getting long in the tooth. Is there any way to update? IF the process to update isn't just "push update button", please speak slowly. I'm not too bright.

Edited by capnJiP
added self depricating jab for clairty
  • 5 months later...

As there where some owner chip changes for Remotely i now update the Links to the Repo and Docker Hub as well as the template. Every thing should be now update to date int the App Store.

About the problem with the First Account, i can just Quate the text from the Repo. I tested it today and it worked for me.

If this is the first run, create your account by clicking the Register button on the main page.

• This account will be both the server admin and organization admin.
  • An organization is automatically created for the account.
    • Organizations are used to group together users, devices, and other data items into a single pool.
    • By default, only one organization can exist on a server.
    • The Register button will disappear.
    • People will no longer be able to create accounts on their own.
    • To allow self-registration, increase the MaxOrganizationCount or set it to -1 (see Configuration section).

• Thanks 1
On 2/10/2023 at 3:48 AM, Marzel said:

About the problem with the First Account, i can just Quate the text from the Repo. I tested it today and it worked for me.

Thanks for this, not sure if I just missed it when I tried it, or if it didn't work for me then. I'll give it another go in a little bit to see if I screwed up, which is ALWAYS possible.

EDIT: Okay, the answer is I screwed up. I just tried it again and it did work. The only thing I can think of is, I was trying to use it behind SWAG and maybe I couldn't register the first account when processing through SWAG, but this time I did it from the local IP of my server. I set up the first account, then tested accessing through SWAG, and I was able to log in and all looks good.

Now, I just need to dig in and figure out how to use the system. Thanks @Marzel!

Edited by phreeq
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Marzel Can you please change the ENV to the Unraid template instead of the image? I assign an IP address to the Docker and I would like it to listen to port 80 and not 5000. I can change it using Portainer but I have to recreate the docker and I am worried about updates...

ASPNETCORE_URLS            http://*:80

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 5:51 PM, ceyo14 said:

@Marzel Can you please change the ENV to the Unraid template instead of the image? I assign an IP address to the Docker and I would like it to listen to port 80 and not 5000. I can change it using Portainer but I have to recreate the docker and I am worried about updates...

ASPNETCORE_URLS            http://*:80

@Marzel So I couldn't connect to the docker and saw that it updated... this changed the port again to 5000. how can I prevent this from happening?

10 minutes ago, ceyo14 said:

@Marzel So I couldn't connect to the docker and saw that it updated... this changed the port again to 5000. how can I prevent this from happening?

ok, I figured it out... instead of extra parameters or post arguments, you need to add a Variable... there I put the following.

image.png.b781cb383e95f5d709888427e1ce4f4b.png

In case someone needs this, or me in the future.

• Thanks 1
  • 9 months later...
6 hours ago, blaine07 said:

I tried to migrate to "new" version unsuccessfully. Anyone have any advice? Not sure what I need/did wrong?

https://github.com/immense/Remotely/releases/tag/v2024.02.22.1231

I just got in again by changing 3 values:

• Changed the "Data" path to: /var/www/remotely
  • Added 2 variables:
    • ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT = Production
    • ASPNETCORE_HTTP_PORTS = 5000

Should look like this:

image.thumb.png.a152ea84738e9d3f59f2601be2c1e6ec.png

I didn't do a full test but at least I have access to the WebUI again

Edited by Nemz
13 hours ago, Nemz said:

I just got in again by changing 3 values:

• Changed the "Data" path to: /var/www/remotely
  • Added 2 variables:
    • ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT = Production
    • ASPNETCORE_HTTP_PORTS = 5000

I didn't do a full test but at least I have access to the WebUI again

I downgraded back to tag 69 by setting the repository property to: immybot/remotely:69

You changed the host path or the container path?

I've got it working completely. Here's a screenshot of the settings I've added. One thing to note is that you must specify the Sql environment variables and the path's must match that of the container path.

V1C4p8Rnpz.thumb.png.14ec37d6b5aa8761065e98bd01fb569a.png

ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT=Production

ASPNETCORE_HTTP_PORTS=5000

Remotely_ApplicationOptions__DbProvider=SQLite

Remotely_ConnectionStrings__SQLite=Data Source=/app/AppData/Remotely.db

The author also mentions "I did not test with Cloudflare Tunnels, so I'm assuming that still won't work." but it's working fine for me.

• Like 4

Anyone have any idea what I have set wrong to see this in logs?

[14:20:03 WRN] Failed to determine the https port for redirect. {EventId={Id=3, Name="FailedToDeterminePort"}, SourceContext="Microsoft.AspNetCore.HttpsPolicy.HttpsRedirectionMiddleware", RequestId="0HN1N118BKSL3:00000001", RequestPath="/", ConnectionId="0HN1N118BKSL3", ThreadId=12}

Seems to be working fine for me through cloudflare tunnels though so not sure what that's about?

• 3 weeks later...

Just adding to this that the latest version is now just completely broken on install. Tried updating on my main Unraid and none of the solutions listed above work unfortunately. Also just as a sanity check tried installing this docker on a separate brand new Unraid server with no previous configurations and still no luck. Only working solution for me is sticking to version tag 69 by setting the repository property to: immybot/remotely:69. Hopefully something is fixed in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 2:16 AM, drilus said:

I've got it working completely. Here's a screenshot of the settings I've added. One thing to note is that you must specify the Sql environment variables and the path's must match that of the container path.

V1C4p8Rnpz.thumb.png.14ec37d6b5aa8761065e98bd01fb569a.png

ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT=Production

ASPNETCORE_HTTP_PORTS=5000

Remotely_ApplicationOptions__DbProvider=SQLite

Remotely_ConnectionStrings__SQLite=Data Source=/app/AppData/Remotely.db

The author also mentions "I did not test with Cloudflare Tunnels, so I'm assuming that still won't work." but it's working fine for me.

You're a legend for providing this. This worked perfectly for me!