How to fix - I forgot to use mover before I changed the share to "no cache".

The mistake i made: I forgot to use mover before I changed the share to "no cache". So i got this message:image.png.2c6a5747530937909ecd53b59d8cd368.png

image.png.70639bae574c381a5852d3cbf9c97793.png

First suggested fix is "change the share settings appropriately".   Does that mean, I should set the share back to use cache again, then do the mover, then I can safely stop caching?  (That's what i did, then re-ran "fix common problems" and there were no errors listed. 🤥).

Is it bad I did that.  I am not sure what a happens when the cache has an orphan files for the share, then share cache is stopped, then started again.

It did not have much in cache, because I did a move, then ran Sonarr for about 30 minutes with not much downloading.  Then i did the mistake.

Edited by xrqp
Just now, xrqp said:

First suggested fix is "change the share settings appropriately".   Does that mean, I should set the share back to use cache again, then do the mover, then I can safely stop caching?  (That's what i did 🤥).

Yes

1 minute ago, xrqp said:

Is it bad I did that. 

No

1 minute ago, xrqp said:

I am not sure what a happens when the cache has an orphan files for the share, then share cache is stopped, then started again.

Nothing you'd notice beyond the system continually saying "Some or more files are unprotected" and you wondering why because the share is set to not use the cache.  All the files would still be accessible whether or not they were stuck on the cache drive