[v6.9.2]Can't get a proper (static) IP (fresh install)

I'm trying to do a fresh install of unraid. I'm using the USB Flash Creator.  After creating the usb-stick (with static IP settings), and booting, everything goes as expected.

Only the ip address displayed is nowhere near the local network ip address (e.g. 169.254.160.118; while my network default gateway is 192.168.2.25). Using the DHCP setting while creating an usb-stick yields similar results. I feel like I'm missing something super obvious, but i cant put my finger on it.

Maybe relevant: if booting in GUI mode, the localhost (both localhost and 127.0.0.1) yields a "page not found". Might be a separate issue, I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance for your time/expertise!

- Roelof

Unfortunately, no success. I've also swapped the network cable to see if that helps. Should i be looking at my DHCP settings in the router, or the Unraid settings? I'm not experiencing any problems with any of my other devices (both wired/wireless, static/dynamic IP).

I forgot to mention: i also tried changing the network settings manually by editing the config/network.cfg, and i tried using an earlier version of unraid (6.8.3). Both no success

Hi JorgeB, 

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, after running the diagnostics command, no logs folder/files can be found on the usb stick. The command does say "Zip file `/boot/logs/[filename].zip` created".

The /mnt folder on the system is empty. Could you point me to the location where the usb drive is usually mounted, so that i can copy the log files over? 

I just noticed during boot the following error is displayed:

modprobe: FATAL: Module bonding not found in directory /lib/modules/5.10.2 [cant read this part, photo is to blurry. had to take it quickly] id 
Cannot find device "bond0"

I also noted the system time might be off by a few hours (i didn't recognize the time zone displayed). Could that have influence on my network problems? I've had problems in the past with out of sync system clocks and SMB. I'll see if i can change the system time.

- Roelof

Just now, JorgeB said:

recreate it or try a different one.

Will try another usb-stick. I'll let you know how it turns out

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

If you can get in at the console then try the ‘df’ command to check that the Unraid  flash is successfully mounting at /boot.

I don't think the flash is mounted at /boot. See attached photo. I'll try another stick, to check if that is the problem.

photo_2021-05-04_19-06-18.jpg

21 minutes ago, Roelfo said:

Will try another usb-stick. I'll let you know how it turns out

I don't think the flash is mounted at /boot. See attached photo. I'll try another stick, to check if that is the problem.

photo_2021-05-04_19-06-18.jpg

Yes.   If it is not mounted that explains the other symptoms.

Make sure it is FAT32 format and is labelled UNRAID (all caps).    If possible use a USB2 port and/or flash drive. USB3.x should in principle work just as well but does seem to sometimes cause problems.