"Kernal: Traps: general protection fault" errors on multiple dockers & php-fpm

I keep getting "kernal: traps: [docker] [random number] general protection fault" errors in my system log with multiple different dockers. The errors seem to very briefly crash the docker but it comes straight back without a restart. Usually by the time I notice an error the docker is running fine again. I did manage to catch a radarr error as it happened and when I tried to reload the webpage it gave me an API error, reloaded the webpage a few seconds later and it was fine.

Also not sure what php-fpm is, all the other errors in the log were dockers. Google seems to tell me it's related to the Unraid webGUI.

Any ideas on how troubleshoot or further diagnostics I can run to figure out what's going on?

179613643_472864097376348_2679980175491297023_n.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, skwisgaarz said:

I keep getting "kernal: traps: [docker] [random number] general protection fault" errors in my system log with multiple different dockers. The errors seem to very briefly crash the docker but it comes straight back without a restart. Usually by the time I notice an error the docker is running fine again. I did manage to catch a radarr error as it happened and when I tried to reload the webpage it gave me an API error, reloaded the webpage a few seconds later and it was fine.

Also not sure what php-fpm is, all the other errors in the log were dockers. Google seems to tell me it's related to the Unraid webGUI.

Any ideas on how troubleshoot or further diagnostics I can run to figure out what's going o

n?

179613643_472864097376348_2679980175491297023_n.png

Did you have any luck figuring out what was going on here? I've noticed a similar error message with my plex docker at 2am each morning within the last couple of days.

28 minutes ago, ShortBusHero said:

Did you have any luck figuring out what was going on here? I've noticed a similar error message with my plex docker at 2am each morning within the last couple of days.

I replaced the boot usb and that's got rid of most of the errors. I've had 2 python general protection faults in the week since I swapped it, so it's way better than it was. I'll eventually do a memtest I think but it's fine for now.

My errors happen at random times though, every night at 2am is weird, do you have any scheduled tasks then? Mover, Plex back up, app data back up?

I think my issues go back to my cache drive dying to be honest, Plex has been a bit iffy so I think the appdata back up i restored when i replaced the cache drive had soke corruptions in it.

• 4 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:17 PM, ShortBusHero said:

I have noticed this with Plex as well. Originally looked to RAM as a potential issue, but managed to eventually rule that out. I do have an appdata backup running right before Plex does its media scan and the fault always seems to happen around the same time in the early morning and in the "ld-musl-x86.so.l" library.

Did you find any more details on your issue?

pm

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 6:21 AM, thepensivemonk said:

I have noticed this with Plex as well. Originally looked to RAM as a potential issue, but managed to eventually rule that out. I do have an appdata backup running right before Plex does its media scan and the fault always seems to happen around the same time in the early morning and in the "ld-musl-x86.so.l" library.

Did you find any more details on your issue?

pm

I have the exact same fault at the same time (which is a few minutes after my Plex Media Scanner starts) with the same library. Plex docker logs show "PLEX MEDIA SCANNER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN". Log folder was empty because apparently I have "Send crash reports to Plex" enabled. If the crash happens again tonight, I'll hopefully have more info in the morning.

After doing a bit more searching, it looks like this may be a semi-known issue on the Plex forums. Either a lot of us have faulty RAM, or there may be an issue with Plex more generally. https://forums.plex.tv/t/server-1-23-2-4656-unable-to-scan-movies-seg-fault-external/721328/163