Split cache SSD & HDD: Assign particular cache drive per share?

Hi,

at the moment, I am using one 500 GB SSD cache drive for

- "only": appdata, domains, system

- "yes": downloads, isos

Regarding downloads I run into space issues very fast as I am using Radarr to update the quality of my movie library. Therefore, I changed the setting to "no", for now, by which all downloads and the corresponding extractions are both directly written to the array drive(s), by which also the parity drive(s) are written to.

Therefore, I have the idea of just adding a bigger HDD cache drive (4 TB) or even multiple ones (as pool).

Now, I could just replace the SSD cache drive with the HDD cache drive(s), I guess - but this does not seem to be the Unraid approach, which assumes using SSD as cache drive(s). Furthermore, the issue only affects one of all those cached shares and I would slow everything down if I would mix the cache pool or replace the SSD with HDD(s).

So, is it possible to assign specific cache drives for cached share(s) (as it is possible to assign and exclude particular array drives for shares)? Perhaps for future releases?

Each user share can have one pool associated with it. Previously there was only one pool and it was called Cache. Now you can have multiple pools and any one of them can be used as the "cache" associated with a user share. On each share's properties page you can choose the pool that's used with it and the mode (only, yes, prefer). Pools can contains SSDs or HDDs. You are not prevented from mixing SSDs and HDDs in a pool but I don't think there's much to be gained by doing so. Your use case might indicate a smallish, fast SSD pool and a big, slowish HDD pool.

• Thanks 1