Uncast: A New Podcast from Unraid

Owning an Unraid server gives you peace of mind and reduces your dependence on The Cloud.

Join Unraid CSO, Jon Panozzo, as he shares how to get the most out of owning your own server, discusses relevant news and topics with members of the Unraid community, and shows you how owning your own server has benefits that extend far beyond keeping your data safe.

For the first episode of the Uncast, host @jonp covers the top 3 reasons you should own your own server. Personal data responsibility, reducing cloud dependence and discovering what's possible with modern hardware all lead to getting a box that you own and control to house all of your most important data.

We hope you follow/subscribe to stay tuned on new episodes of the Uncast from your favorite podcast app! 

We'd also love to hear your feedback on the episode here and also vote/comment here on future content you'd be interested in!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, ljm42 said:

Using Chrome, I signed in to the Plex web interface at https://app.plex.tv/ , went to Podcasts, clicked the "Add Podcast by URL" button and pasted in this feed: 
  https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1746902.rss
It loaded right up.

I do have a PlexPass, not sure if that matters.

Thanks for your response.

I have PlexPass as well, and it kept giving me the same error message saying "something went wrong. an unexpected error occurred."

I tried different apps (ios/android) and multiple browsers, but no luck.

Found this thread on the plex forum and wondering if this is related to my problem.

@ljm42, which plex docker are you using? I am using the linuxserver's plex docker.

3 hours ago, jfoxwu said:

@ljm42, which plex docker are you using? I am using the linuxserver's plex docker.

Yes, the same. But I'd be surprised if that matters; as far as I can tell, podcasts are associated with your Plex account not your Plex server. i.e. I'd bet you don't even need to have a server to use podcasts.

6 hours ago, ljm42 said:

Yes, the same. But I'd be surprised if that matters; as far as I can tell, podcasts are associated with your Plex account not your Plex server. i.e. I'd bet you don't even need to have a server to use podcasts.

Yes, this give me an idea to create a new free account with plex, which is not tied to a server in anyway, and I tried adding the uncast podcast by url.

I am still experiencing the same error message. I guess this is a bug from the plex company's end.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@SpencerJ just wanted to check in with you as I've been eagerly awaiting the next episode, but it's been quite a while now since the last one, and the one prior was a little later than the previous cadence.... Has the uncast been retired, or perhaps on hiatus for now?

Hope it's still going, and looking forward to to the next episode if so!