Plus License - 12 Storage Devices - Include Cache Drive?

2 hours ago, eliminatrix said:

Hi All,

Very simple yes / no question! As per subject heading. Does the 12 storage device limit for the Plus license include the cache drive as the 12 drives?

Thanks!

As well as the cache drives it also includes any attached drives even if they have not been assigned to UnRaid.

2 hours ago, eliminatrix said:

I do not believe that's the case, unassigned / external drives do not count AFAIK. I'd like you to actually confirm that

Unassigned/external drives DO count towards the attached devices limit if they are present at the time you try to start the array.    Once the array is started then you can plug in additional (I.e. removable) drives, but if that would take you over the limit they would have to be removed next time you did something (e.g. reboot) that meant the array had to be started again.

• 2 years later...

Then I am confused.  I have the Plus, which gives me 12 drive limit.  But I just had 1 Parity, 8 Storage, 2 cache SSd's in RAID 0 and 2 External drives through Unassigned Devices plugged in and Preclearing at the same time and didn't have a problem.  The only thing I can think of is the 2 Cache SSD's being in RAID 0 are being counted at 1 drive.  Otherwise, I was sitting at 13 drives.

1 hour ago, UnlawfulMind said:

Then I am confused.  I have the Plus, which gives me 12 drive limit.  But I just had 1 Parity, 8 Storage, 2 cache SSd's in RAID 0 and 2 External drives through Unassigned Devices plugged in and Preclearing at the same time and didn't have a problem.  The only thing I can think of is the 2 Cache SSD's being in RAID 0 are being counted at 1 drive.  Otherwise, I was sitting at 13 drives.

It can work if you mount one or both unassigned devices after the Array is started as the check is made when the Array/Pool are mounted.

5 hours ago, UnlawfulMind said:

Were those all plugged in at the point you started the array?    Removable drives plugged in after the array has been started do not count towards the licence limit.