Files have gone missing from shares (they exist on disks)

Hi folks

Stumped by this one. I've seen several similar threads in search, but none of the solutions seem relevant.

Today, a significant quantity of files and folders have gone missing from my shares, in particular, my 'media' share (all my movies & music etc.).

The files still exist on the disks, just no longer showing in shares.

I have no apparent disk issues - all are present and green.

I have checked share and global share settings, and no disks are excluded.

I have run XFS check on all my array disks with no errors reported.

I cannot be 100 percent certain, but I believe most/all of the missing files are located on Disk1.

Diagnostics attached. What am I missing???

unraid-diagnostics-20210506-2144.zip

Bah! Fix common problems to the rescue.

it seems I now have both a ‘media’ share and a ‘Media’ share, and that’s the root cause. I have zero idea how that happened though. Will need to conduct some further investigations as I have not created any new shares in quite some time.

Edited by meep
8 hours ago, meep said:

it seems I now have both a ‘media’ share and a ‘Media’ share, and that’s the root cause. I have zero idea how that happened though. Will need to conduct some further investigations as I have not created any new shares in quite some time.

Maybe a path in a docker or VM that is not correct ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, meep said:

Yes, I'll need to trudge through all my settings. I'd find it odd though, that a docker could actually create a share like that.

A share is automatically created from any top level folder on the array or the pools so it is quite easy for a Docker to create a share :(