[Support] Partition Pixel - Chia

11 hours ago, Trinity said:

Hmm, okay. I am at ~190 Plots and will max out at ~360 Plots when I fill my whole free space. While plotting I am working actively on killing the SSD... If the chances to farm any coin are so unlikely, what's the point in continuing. As far as I know, pools require to throw away all plots and start over again to kill another SSD...

Funny how "Independant currency for everybody" turned into "Rich become leveraged Richer"

I am farming on HPool I figure I have to re plot anyway so once official Farming pools come out I will start plotting from a new wallet address and discard the others which are compromised from giving the seed phrase out. 

I won with 166 plots, so there's still a chance... I don't know how statistically lucky I am at this point. But if you've already got your plots rolling why shut them off, just let them go and see if you win something. Once the plots are done you don't use much energy farming them.

PS thanks to everyone in this thread helping folks, I used this to get my farm set up on UnRaid and couldn't be happier with the results. I was running them in a windows VM prior, and it was terrible.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Bawb3 said:

I won with 166 plots, so there's still a chance... I don't know how statistically lucky I am at this point. But if you've already got your plots rolling why shut them off, just let them go and see if you win something. Once the plots are done you don't use much energy farming them.

PS thanks to everyone in this thread helping folks, I used this to get my farm set up on UnRaid and couldn't be happier with the results. I was running them in a windows VM prior, and it was terrible.

Yeah, throwing away would hurt indeed. But on the other hand, I could use that space for something else. Tough decision.
But at least it's good to know, it is possible - So I might just continue.

The only thing I am just not sure about is, how to determine, if I could "technically" win. As far as I know, there are some time limits on farm responding time. How do I figure out, if I am fast enough - So that I could win, if I am lucky enough. Would be pretty bad to have the chance but loose it due to the system setup. Any tipps on that?

Thank you :)

Edited by Trinity
17 hours ago, Trinity said:

Yeah, throwing away would hurt indeed. But on the other hand, I could use that space for something else. Tough decision.
But at least it's good to know, it is possible - So I might just continue.

The only thing I am just not sure about is, how to determine, if I could "technically" win. As far as I know, there are some time limits on farm responding time. How do I figure out, if I am fast enough - So that I could win, if I am lucky enough. Would be pretty bad to have the chance but loose it due to the system setup. Any tipps on that?

Thank you :)

I think if you set your logging level to INFO, you can see every time one of your plots was eligible, and how much time it took decide that. If you're under 5s then it should be fine. You'll see entries like this:

0 plots were eligible for farming Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.01754 s. Total 166 plots

I'm not 100% sure if that's the right one to go off of though lol.

you can also do chia plots check if you want to verify your plots are valid for farming.

1 minute ago, Bawb3 said:

I think if you set your logging level to INFO, you can see every time one of your plots was eligible, and how much time it took decide that. If you're under 5s then it should be fine. You'll see entries like this:

0 plots were eligible for farming Found 0 proofs. Time: 0.01754 s. Total 166 plots

I'm not 100% sure if that's the right one to go off of though lol.

you can also do chia plots check if you want to verify your plots are valid for farming.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did so far, so from that perspective I should be fine. As long as that is the correct messurement :D
So guess I need to just wait and see and hope for the best ^^ Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

This is a quick start guide for users migrating from previous version (solo plots), but more info is available here in the official pooling guide: https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/Pooling-User-Guide

New plots on this release require creation of a single NFT, this is the mechanism that is used to direct which pool you want to join for new plots (including self pooling).

NFT creation requires mojo (tiny amount of XCH currency), if you haven't already, go over to official Chia faucet and follow the prompts to add mojo for free to your wallet.

https://faucet.chia.net/

For those that are waiting for their pool of choice to become available, you can create a self-pool NFT using the following command from Unraid terminal:

docker exec -it chia chia plotnft create -s local

You will be asked to confirm, if agreed you will get a transaction ID.

Process is slightly different if joining a pool immediately, please consult the official guide linked above.

You can now retrieve your NFT address, pooling state and other details with this command on the Unraid terminal:

docker exec -it chia chia plotnft show

Read the addresses descriptions carefully, the NFT (singleton) is very clearly marked as being an address for plotting.

Use this address when creating plots.

When creating a new plot, the new -c switch followed by the NFT (singleton) address is used.

Reading the help documentation, it seems the -p switch no longer required when using -c switch

-c, --pool_contract_address TEXT
                                  Address of where the pool reward will be
                                  sent to. Only used if alt_fingerprint and
                                  pool public key are None

-f, --farmer_public_key TEXT    Hex farmer public key
  -p, --pool_public_key TEXT      Hex public key of pool

WARNING: if self pooling, you need to manually claim rewards, if you forget and you join a pool, the pool can claim those rewards you have forgotten to claim.

Edited by tjb_altf4

What would the proper command line be to join a pool that is already active that I have the join URL for? I am assuming...

chia plotnft join -u <URL> - s pool

Edit: Scratch the question. The docker version is 1.2.1 dev0, the pool I am using is only on 1.2.0

Edited by eranwolf
6 hours ago, eranwolf said:

What would the proper command line be to join a pool that is already active that I have the join URL for? I am assuming...

chia plotnft join -u <URL> - s pool

Edit: Scratch the question. The docker version is 1.2.1 dev0, the pool I am using is only on 1.2.0

According to docs it is:

chia plotnft create -u https://poolnamehere.com

I think the -s pool is not needed as it is indicated by the pool parameter, but it shouldn't hurt to leave it there.

Quick note to anyone having the problem the farmer and wallet not starting up after updating the docker which currently runs "1.2.1-dev0" : Try forwarding port 8555 in your router, after I did this everything starts normally again. Chia v1.2.0 release notes says something about an RPC system being added, that uses this port.

EDIT: Another quick note : To pool, you need to generate new plots with the -c switch, read tjb_altf4's guide thoroughly or check out the official documentation, it is not enough to upgrade to 1.2 and create new plots. Unless plots are created with -c switch they will be legacy solo-farming plots.

But that said, I am currently stuck trying to join a pool, have followed tjb_altf4's guide above to successfully create the nft (well, it shows up with plotnft show, and I now have two wallets so think that has worked), but when I try to join a pool with "chia plotnft join -i 2 -u https://europe.ecochia.io" I get the somewhat puzzeling error message "Incorrect version: 1, should be 1". Anyone know what's up with that?

EDIT: Must have been a problem specific to ecochia, No problem with pool.xchpool.org

Edited by MortenSchmidt
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this is obvious but I'm lost and thank you in advance, I want to set it up as JUST A HARVESTER, so i have:

'just a harvester' set to true, i have input the ip address of the pc with my main node running (the farmer?) 

and I have the network set to 'host' but the docker will not start,

Can you confirm: if i only have 1 pc plotting and 1 pc holding plots (harvester?) do i set the full node AND farmer to the same ip address? what is the full node port and farmer port? how do I find them?

Edited by christycent
1 hour ago, christycent said:

Sorry if this is obvious but I'm lost and thank you in advance, I want to set it up as JUST A HARVESTER, so i have:

'just a harvester' set to true, i have input the ip address of the pc with my main node running (the farmer?) 

and I have the network set to 'host' but the docker will not start,

Can you confirm: if i only have 1 pc do i set the full node AND farmer to the same ip address? what is the full node port and farmer port? how do I find them?

If you only have one machine, why have a seperate harvester ?

In case this is just a terminology mixup, if you are just wanting to have a seperate plot producing docker, it doesn't need any connections and you can use the CLI to shutdown all running services.

Just make sure the plot final directory is one the other docker has access to

• Like 1

Sorry I mean I have 1 pc that does the plotting and holds some plots, and then I have the majority of my plots on a windows share on the unraid server, which I have connected to the main machine as a mapped drive BUT i figure it will be better for partial speed etc if i have the unraid as a harvester itself seeing as the plots are on it anyway

Edited by christycent
14 minutes ago, christycent said:

Sorry I mean I have 1 pc that does the plotting and holds some plots, and then I have the majority of my plots on a windows share on the unraid server, which I have connected to the main machine as a mapped drive BUT i figure it will be better for partial speed etc if i have the unraid as a harvester itself seeing as the plots are on it anyway

I've linked the chia article that covers most of it, but the easy way to set this up is as a new full node using existing passphase (or use the key exchange method in wiki) with the extra fields filled out (harvester:true, farmer_address:IP, farmer_port:PORT).

I think you might need to disable some services also in CLI, but see how you go.

If later you want this docker to be the full_node, you should only need to change harvester field to false

https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/Farming-on-many-machines

Edited by tjb_altf4

Currently I have my main rig as my "full node" and will be creating pooled plots on it and transferring them to unassigned devices on the server.
I've heard the Chia network doesn't like multiple full nodes under the same internet IP address, so when all of the plots are finished, I want to install the docker container and have the server acting as the "full node" and able to farm to a pool on its own (and plot if necessary).
Ideally I want to be able to check the balance using the wallet from my main PC (or possibly other PCs) with the server being the "master node" on the network.

Can we also configure where the docker stores the Chia blockchain when running a full node? I don't want it eating up all the space on my cache drive after a few years, so I want to store the blockchain somewhere on the unraid array.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same question as christycent above. My setup is getting a bit complex and I want to start running only the harvester in this docker. If I configure only the plots variable plus the farmer ip, port and harvester only = true the docker will start and then immediately shut down. I can't keep it running. I thought removing the mnemonic variable might fix it but it does not. I haven't set this up at all yet, not as a full node or anything in between. I'd rather not run the full node setup process. Is there a way to simply start it as a harvester?

Edit - do I have to update the mnemonic file just to get it to run?

Edit 2 - I might end up answering my own question here. The git instructions kind of suggest you do need to do a full install on the harvester node before tagging it as harvester only = true.

Edited by Bitbass

Still nothing working. The container starts, runs for 10-30 seconds and then quits. If I flip it to harvester only = false it starts and runs. I can then stop the chia daemon from the console and start the harvester. The weird thing is, in the farmer logs I only ever see the stop process causing a peer disconnect. I don't see a connect message. I have the logs set to INFO. So, it seems to be communicating something to the farmer.

41 minutes ago, Bitbass said:

Still nothing working. The container starts, runs for 10-30 seconds and then quits. If I flip it to harvester only = false it starts and runs. I can then stop the chia daemon from the console and start the harvester. The weird thing is, in the farmer logs I only ever see the stop process causing a peer disconnect. I don't see a connect message. I have the logs set to INFO. So, it seems to be communicating something to the farmer.

Greetings, I haven't used the CLI-only Chia image for many months, but you may want to consider an alternative: Machinaris.  There are templates in Unraid CA for both the Chia fullnode (includes a WebUI) and Chia harvester.

image.thumb.png.fd9e2de5cb88184809fbad11fcc3ecab.png

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm completely happy using this template in two UnRAID machines, running the docker in harvester only mode.
The only issue I see now, since updating to 1.7.0 version, is a server.py error when starting. Looks like is a problem with the copy in the nmemonic variable, that is working as always.

I'm attaghing the initial part of the log, when starting the container.

Thanks for your comments.

EDIT: after discuss as well with Chia team in gitgub, they changed the variable keys to be set as none. And now all works as expected.

error.jpg

Edited by Conan the Barbarian
news
On 3/10/2023 at 4:45 PM, Conan the Barbarian said:

Hi,

I'm completely happy using this template in two UnRAID machines, running the docker in harvester only mode.
The only issue I see now, since updating to 1.7.0 version, is a server.py error when starting. Looks like is a problem with the copy in the nmemonic variable, that is working as always.

I'm attaghing the initial part of the log, when starting the container.

Thanks for your comments.

error.jpg

its says your plots directory is empty also, I'd double check your paths are still correct, and maybe check permissions also.

I'm still on 1.6.2 so I've not personally tested the new build yet.

• 11 months later...

Looks like the latest update ha broken the build. I woke up to an orphaned image and when trying to re-install/rebuilt I get the below:

docker run
  -d
  --name='chia'
  --net='eth1'
  --ip='192.168.##.##'
  --cpuset-cpus='1,2,3'
  -e TZ="Europe/London"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="####"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="####"
  -e 'keys'='/root/.chia/mnemonic.txt'
  -e 'full_node_port'=''
  -e 'farmer_address'=''
  -e 'farmer_port'=''
  -e 'testnet'='false'
  -e 'farmer'='false'
  -e 'harvester'='false'
  -e 'TCP_PORT_8444'='8444'
  -e 'TCP_PORT_8555'='8555'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/PartitionPixel/unraid-templates/main/PartitionPixel/chia-icon.png'
  -v '/mnt/user/chia_plots/':'/plots':'ro'
  -v '':'/plotting':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/chia/':'/root/.chia':'rw' 'ghcr.io/chia-network/chia'
docker: invalid spec: :/plotting:rw: empty section between colons.
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Any ideas?