[Support] Partition Pixel - Chia

When i run a chia farm summary it returns Farming status: Farming.

And chia show -s -c returns Current Blockchain Status: Full Node Synced.

chia wallet show returns Sync status: Synced

Does this mean that I'm properly connected to the "netspace"? even though I have not opened any ports on my router.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:00 PM, Footlocker_ said:

A request should be made to add plotman to the docker contrainer, for thoes of you that dont know what plotman is. its a chia plot manager, that runs in a loop from a config file with the settings you want.

just started using it on one of my deticated plottermachines and i love it.

First off, a big thanks @Partition Pixel for getting the official Docker image added to Unraid as an application! Plotting is good fun, but tricky to get going well.  

@Footlocker_ Yes, Plotman is great!  In fact, I am working on a single Docker image that includes this official docker image along with Plotman and a basic Web UI, all wrapped up as an Unraid application template. Right now, the Plotman CLI is invokable via the container CLI, but I hope to wire control into the Web UI shortly.  

The primary goal is to make plotting on Unraid as easy as the official Windows GUI application.  I've called it Machinaris and it's available for early beta testing now.  I'm using it for plotting on Unraid 6.9 and welcome anyone interested in trying the beta and helping out with the project.   

As you an see below, I'm just starting out too and still a member of 0 XCH gang.  Plot on!

Thanks,

Guy 

UPDATE: Machinaris is now available as an Unraid Community Application, just search for "Chia".

machinaris_home.png

machinaris_plotting.png

20210519_083337.png

Edited by guy.davis
Link to Machinaris support thread
  • Like 6

Sorry for everyone I've been super busy with work in last few days and had quite a few emergencies to fix lol.

Here's a few new things I've seen on the chia scene :

new faucet website for chia : https://chia.togatech.org/

Here's a link to one of the first legit soon to be chia pool : https://pool.space/ (you can join the discord for more info atm)

6 hours ago, guy.davis said:

First off, a big thanks @Partition Pixel for getting the official Docker image added to Unraid as an application! Plotting is good fun, but tricky to get going well.  

@Footlocker_ Yes, Plotman is great!  In fact, I am working on a single Docker image that includes this official docker image along with Plotman and a basic Web UI, all wrapped up as an Unraid application template. Right now, the Plotman CLI is invokable via the container CLI, but I hope to wire control into the Web UI shortly.  

The primary goal is to make plotting on Unraid as easy as the official Windows GUI application.  I've called it Machinaris and it's available for early beta testing now.  I'm using it for plotting on Unraid 6.9 and welcome anyone interested in trying the beta and helping out with the project.   

As you an see below, I'm just starting out too and still a member of 0 XCH gang.  Plot on!

Thanks,

Guy 

machinaris_home.png

machinaris_plotting.png

I'm very interested in your Docker, looking forward to it ! Do keep us in the loop 😃

• Like 1
7 hours ago, adminmat said:

When i run a chia farm summary it returns Farming status: Farming.

And chia show -s -c returns Current Blockchain Status: Full Node Synced.

chia wallet show returns Sync status: Synced

Does this mean that I'm properly connected to the "netspace"? even though I have not opened any ports on my router.

Yes that should mean that you're good to go, I didnt need to open any ports either. If you check your logs you will see more info on what's happening (and even more if you change the default logs settings, more on that on the topic post)

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Partition Pixel said:

Yes that should mean that you're good to go, I didnt need to open any ports either. If you check your logs you will see more info on what's happening (and even more if you change the default logs settings, more on that on the topic post)

And if it's not synced, what could I do to fix it?
I was in sync with the node quite some time and it was farming, but the wallet was out of sync and now everything is not synced anymore. I didn't touch anything, any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it? :)

On 5/12/2021 at 5:29 AM, Phil85 said:

When the 12TB HDD is full with 120 plots. Get i also rewards when i not plotting, because i cant plott when the drive is full.

And what is with the ssd. When the hdd is full, i dont need it anymore ?

When the hdd is full i can only farming is this right. And how can i get rewards with this

Sorry for the questions but I dont understand the process at the time 😇

Plotting does not give you any reward. How you gain rewards is when you are farming. To farm, you need plots, and to have plots you need to be plotting of course. The more plots you have, the better the chances of winning. So once your HDDs are full, the only thing you have to do is keep farming and you will still be trying to earn rewards. Of course, the network space will continue to grow so you will have less and less chances to win if you stop making plots.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:44 AM, Jimpy said:

Has anyone found a good way to view the plotting process if you accidentally close the terminal?  I messed around with strace but couldn't get it to work.  If this isn't possible, what's the next best option?  Enabling logging after this plot finishes?

I suggest you try to do this (from user ropes) :

This is how I monitor my farm.

If you guys install the nerd pack from community applications, then navigate to nerd pack under settings, install tmux.

image.png.3109f4ad6e033ee8f955d0b8d586bac1.png

Now launch the unraid terminal & run tmux, then you can have multiple (tabbed) terminal windows in one window. I have 1 tab per plot & can jump around them as needed.

Also you can close the terminal window & relaunch your session by running tmux again from the terminal. Also works across different devices or applications, so you can ssh in from your phone or putty etc & just run tmux again & you will be able to see those other terminal windows.

Hope this help

On 5/12/2021 at 11:26 AM, Dynizzle said:

Looking for some advice. My current Unraid array already has 36 drives so its at the Unraid capacity for drives. I have an additional 12 drives that I'm looking to use only for Chia plots that are sitting in my unassigned drives. I either was thinking of passing them all through as individual plot locations to the container (creating a separate parameter for each, etc.) or passing them all through to a VM. I am just looking to run the full node and harvester on my unraid server and have my other servers be plotting and moving to the plot locations.

My two concerns I have is how the plotters on my other servers will know which drive has free space out of the 12 and managing those sound like a pain. I was considering using Stablebit DrivePool in a windows VM to have all the drives balanced and accessible from a single share and have the full node and harvester running on the same windows VM. That way my plotters will only need to write to a single share.

What would you guys do with this setup?

Hmm that's a very good question. I only have 10 devices in my array right now so I don't have any experience regarding this. I don't have another solution that the one you're describing, except maybe starting a second server but I understand the $$$ aspect involved lol. If anyone else has an idea that'd be great. Just saying this so you know I didn't skip over your question !

8 hours ago, Trinity said:

I think I figured it out, so it's up and running again. The only thing remaining is, that the wallet always shows: Not synced
Node is fully synced, farmer is running... But the wallet just refuses to sync. Is this a docker issue, an unraid issue or a chia network issue? As far as I understand, without a synced wallet you wont win anything ever.

Does nobody else got this issue?

If you are farming and plotting correctly I think you will still be able to earn chia. It's just that you won't be able to see it on your wallet since it's not synched (that is until it is synched). That seems weird if everything else is correct, can you show us what your logs looks like ?

On 5/12/2021 at 2:41 PM, pr85 said:

Hi everyone,

Finally got this container up and running, but I have what seems like a stupid question. I have run the following command to start a plot:

chia plots create -b 5000 -r 2 -n 1 -t /plotting/plot1 -d /plots

Let's say I have to restart Unraid or the container. How would I farm plots that have already finished plotting?

If the plotting process is truly finished, you will see them in your whatever your /plots folder is. You only need to start the docker and as long as it has farming enabled, it will start farming on it's own from these plots. You can see it with 'venv/bin/chia farm summary'. It will tell you how many plots are farming.

16 hours ago, live4soccer7 said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I added my mnemonic phrase through chia keys add, however I still get this for the wallet.

image.thumb.png.cd65ea4cbd0c89151437ffefe76ec318.png

if I do chia wallet show it shows stuff about my wallet and also provides the fingerprint id as well.

if i run: chia start farmer it stays that everything is already running.

I'm just a bit confused by the wallet exception and the connection error. Any insight on this?

On top of what Cloggerdude said, if you just started the docker for this first time you have to give it some time to let it sync. Once it's fully synched then I suggest you worry about the wallet, not before.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Trinity said:

And if it's not synced, what could I do to fix it?
I was in sync with the node quite some time and it was farming, but the wallet was out of sync and now everything is not synced anymore. I didn't touch anything, any idea what could be the problem and how to solve it? :)

Your node and wallet are not synched or only the wallet ? Either way I can't say with no other information, we would need to see your logs

7 minutes ago, Partition Pixel said:

If you are farming and plotting correctly I think you will still be able to earn chia. It's just that you won't be able to see it on your wallet since it's not synched (that is until it is synched). That seems weird if everything else is correct, can you show us what your logs looks like ?

4 minutes ago, Partition Pixel said:

Your node and wallet are not synched or only the wallet ? Either way I can't say with no other information, we would need to see your logs

Thank you, for the answer :)
Right now everything is out of sync, I don't understand, what is happening there, all I do is plotting and here and there call chia farm summary, chia show -s -c and chia wallet show. Suddenly everything stopped syncing and there are so many entries inside the debug.log - I'll wait for the plots to finish, then I will restart the container and clear the log, to get only new entries to narrow it a little more down and when it fails again, I'll provide my log here.
Could there by anything inside it, which could leak anything sensitive of my system?

Edited by Trinity
13 minutes ago, Trinity said:

Thank you, for the answer :)
Right now everything is out of sync, I don't understand, what is happening there, all I do is plotting and here and there call chia farm summary, chia show -s -c and chia wallet show. Suddenly everything stopped syncing and there are so many entries inside the debug.log - I'll wait for the plots to finish, then I will restart the container and clear the log, to get only new entries to narrow it a little more down and when it fails again, I'll provide my log here.
Could there by anything inside it, which could leak anything sensitive of my system?

Not that I am aware of, of course I don't know what's inside since it's not my docker (it's the Chia team's docker) so hard to say, for your logs if you don't already have debug level set to INFO that would help the debugging !

On 5/10/2021 at 10:04 PM, danktankk said:

I did everything remotely from my phone. Changing it back to /root/.chia does make the logfile appear now.   I have no idea why and wish that wasn't the case, but it did work.  Thank you for the help!  

Is there anyway that /root/.chia can be altered in a  future update?  I prefer using /config...  Not a deal breaker obviously ☺️

Unfortunately I'm not 100% sure why at the moment either, I'd need to investigate a bit but I already have my hands full with work and answering questions 😆, I'll try to see once I have some time

On 5/11/2021 at 1:17 AM, Micro553 said:

Why is my /plots dir not working 
image.thumb.png.8d42e17d0221efcb7bfb435591a45a29.png

Getting ths in log: Plots directory appears to be empty and you have not specified another, try mounting a plot directory with the docker -v command
Added plot directory "/plots".

The chia_stor is a shared folder on the array set to not use the cache. And chia_plots is a folder in the folder. 

I quess I´m stuupid but can´t understand why its not moving plots from /plotting to /plots

The plots are moved to /plots only when they are finished. This process can take a few hours, are you waiting long enough ?

On 5/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, rangusT said:

Are people storing their plots on storage that's part of the array or on unassigned devices? 

Both work, you can add multiple plots directories if needed. In my case I'm using the array and I have good challenge time for my plots (less than 1 second).

On 5/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, Pixel5 said:

im currently doing nothing with my Chia install on my unraid system and its basically pegging the CPU at 100% is this because its syncing or is something wrong here?

image.png.eafc6473e90ca15ce3601d09a1a41ab4.png

I'm guessing it's the syncing but hard to say didnt check my cpu usage when it was still getting synced. Do you still have this issue ?

On 5/11/2021 at 8:18 AM, Gnomuz said:

Hi,

Thanks for the template, I was waiting for it because my full node is on a Raspberry Pi4 and everything works fine, but harvesting from the Pi on an Unraid Samba share was just awful from a performance standpoint, especially while a new plot was being copied to the array (I saw response times beyond 30 seconds!).

Now I run only a harvester in the container, and response times are more in the milliseconds range ! By tweaking config.yaml it's easy to connect the container harvester to the full node, after having generated keys for the harvester with chia init -c /path/to/full/node/certs (see https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/Farming-on-many-machines for more details).

I just have a silly issue, the container seems to default to a generic "Europe" timezone, and timestamps are off by two hours with my local time in France. I added a "TZ" variable set to "Europe/Paris" to the template, but that changed nothing.

I installed tzdata inside the container and dkpg-reconfigure tzdata to Europe/Paris, it's fine now, but obviously it's not a persistent solution.

I would really prefer to have consistent timestamps in logs between the various machines (harvester container, full node, plotting machines).

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

PS : of course, my Unraid host is in my timezone 

I can see why that could be frustrating. I'm not seeing anything in the config.yml file to change this sadly, and the docker itself is out of my reach (since it's the official one). One solution could be making your own docker and adding this in the dockerfile so that way it will always have this inside once it's built. Other than that I would suggest making a user script to add this when your docker restarts (or with a schedule, something along those lines)

On 5/11/2021 at 9:30 AM, adminmat said:

I have this up and running although I didn't use the CA template.  I have a few questions:

- How do I view logs? and how do I view progress of ongoing plotting?

- when i do a:

I get:

Why is the Blockchain Status not synced? Do i have to open a port on my router or forward a port to this Docker container?

To view logs, read my original post (it will guide you to the correct folder). To view progress of ongoing plotting I would suggest using tmux (see my OP). It says not synced because it is still syncing, you can see the current block height and target block height that it is trying to reach at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Dumb question? So I ran the command to start 3 plotting tasks, one in each window of tmux. Great, all worked, got 3 plots. I expected it to start a new plot after finishing, it apparently does not. So I would have to run the command again. Obviously it doesn't make sense to manually start a plotting task, so how does one make sure a new plot starts after the last one finishes?

41 minutes ago, Partition Pixel said:

Not that I am aware of, of course I don't know what's inside since it's not my docker (it's the Chia team's docker) so hard to say, for your logs if you don't already have debug level set to INFO that would help the debugging !

if that will help, I will do that. is it enough to just set the INFO level or do I need to adjust anything on the container?

14 minutes ago, bnevets27 said:

Dumb question? So I ran the command to start 3 plotting tasks, one in each window of tmux. Great, all worked, got 3 plots. I expected it to start a new plot after finishing, it apparently does not. So I would have to run the command again. Obviously it doesn't make sense to manually start a plotting task, so how does one make sure a new plot starts after the last one finishes?

what ever value you put in for the value of -n it will queue so this command will use 4gb ram 2 threads and queue it once so change the -n to 999 if you like and it will run that command 999 times before stopping

docker exec -it chia venv/bin/chia plots create -b 4000 -r 2 -n 1 -t /plotting/plot2 -d /plots

just adjust your command accordingly as that was for mine so the path might be different

Edited by burgess22
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, bnevets27 said:

What you are describing to me is queuing plotting. What you did is you ran 3 plots in parallel. When you do this command, n is the number of plots you want to queue :

venv/bin/chia plots create -b 5000 -r 2 -n 1 -t /plotting/plot1 -d /plots

If you want to start plots after plots, you need to queue plotting, for exemple :

venv/bin/chia plots create -b 5000 -r 2 -n 5 -t /plotting/plot1 -d /plots

☝️This will do 5 plots one after the other, but NOT at the same time. If you want to do multiple plots at the same time, you have to start multiple tabs like you did. So you could do three process of this command (with n=5), and that would enable you to do 3 plots at a time, 5 times in a row !

11 minutes ago, Trinity said:

if that will help, I will do that. is it enough to just set the INFO level or do I need to adjust anything on the container?

After setting it to INFO you will need to restart the docker for it to take effect. Anything else is optional (making it stdout to the console ui of unraid is optional, but if you want to do it see OP)

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, burgess22 said:

what ever value you put in for the value of -n it will queue so this command will use 4gb ram 2 threads and queue it once so change the -n to 999 if you like and it will run that command 999 times before stopping

docker exec -it chia venv/bin/chia plots create -b 4000 -r 2 -n 1 -t /plotting/plot2 -d /plots

Ah ok yeah that makes sense. 999 it is then, thanks!

Edited by bnevets27
6 minutes ago, Partition Pixel said:

After setting it to INFO you will need to restart the docker for it to take effect. Anything else is optional (making it stdout to the console ui of unraid is optional, but if you want to do it see OP)

All right, I think I prefer the debug.log over the unraid protocol for now, but I set the INFO level :)
I already restarted the container and the node synced again, but now it again tells me: "There are no private keys".
Seems like I didn't solve this last time. It just worked after a while. Does it simply take very long to detect them from the appdata folder? Or why is the container not aware of the key files?

10 hours ago, Trinity said:

I think I figured it out, so it's up and running again. The only thing remaining is, that the wallet always shows: Not synced
Node is fully synced, farmer is running... But the wallet just refuses to sync. Is this a docker issue, an unraid issue or a chia network issue? As far as I understand, without a synced wallet you wont win anything ever.

Does nobody else got this issue?

Make sure you have port 8444 forwarded, if you know your ISP has CGNAT you might need a VPN as the double NAT my be causing the sync issues.

I'm double NAT'd at the moment and have syncing issues with my wallet (only).

I am litteraly driving nuts with this.
Restarted the container:

>chia wallet show
No keys loaded. Run 'chia keys generate' or import a key
>chia keys show --show-mnemonic-seed
There are no saved private keys

Last time when I ran the second command, it showed my keys, and after that everything was working. Like it should because they are still untouched in the appdata folder...
But it just doesn't work. The full_node was syncing just fine and is synced now. But farmer and wallet are broken due to the missing keys T_T - I am new to unraid, but worked with docker and linux in the past. I feel really dumb, but I just don't get what this container is doing or especially what it is not doing, even tho you would expect it to just work...

Am I the only victim? 😅

19 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Make sure you have port 8444 forwarded, if you know your ISP has CGNAT you might need a VPN as the double NAT my be causing the sync issues.

Port is open, didn't help much. It is syncing, but at some point it just stops. I need to provide the logs, maybe it will help to figure out, what is going on there, but to do that I need to have the deamons running again and right now, the rebuild container again doesn't see my keys... *sigh*

Not sure about the ISP thing, that's way over the top of my level of knowlede about networking :D

Edited by Trinity
10 minutes ago, Trinity said:

I am litteraly driving nuts with this.
Restarted the container:

>chia wallet show
No keys loaded. Run 'chia keys generate' or import a key
>chia keys show --show-mnemonic-seed
There are no saved private keys

Last time when I ran the second command, it showed my keys, and after that everything was working. Like it should because they are still untouched in the appdata folder...
But it just doesn't work. The full_node was syncing just fine and is synced now. But farmer and wallet are broken due to the missing keys T_T - I am new to unraid, but worked with docker and linux in the past. I feel really dumb, but I just don't get what this container is doing or especially what it is not doing, even tho you would expect it to just work...

Am I the only victim? 😅

Port is open, didn't help much. It is syncing, but at some point it just stops. I need to provide the logs, maybe it will help to figure out, what is going on there, but to do that I need to have the deamons running again and right now, the rebuild container again doesn't see my keys... *sigh*

Not sure about the ISP thing, that's way over the top of my level of knowlede about networking :D

Nevermind, I am just dumb. Somehow I missed an tailing 's' on a file, so it couln'd be found. Now it's up and running, and seems to work. But again the wallet is not synced. Even tho the full node is. I'll wait until tomorrow and see if that changes, now after fixing that one dumb issue it might solved it and it just need some time. If not, I will look for errors in the log and provide them here. Thank you so far for the help! :)

On 5/12/2021 at 7:00 PM, Footlocker_ said:

A request should be made to add plotman to the docker contrainer, for thoes of you that dont know what plotman is.

its a chia plot manager, that runs in a loop from a config file with the settings you want.

just started using it on one of my deticated plottermachines and i love it.

is it possible to make the docker startup plotting after a restart?

maybe a bash script in a corn job?

Have you looked at Swar at all?  I was going to install that tonight. Maybe I should give plotman a go?

10 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Thanks,

Guy 

machinaris_home.png

machinaris_plotting.png

@adminmat there is a docker coming with plotman in it