[Support] Partition Pixel - Chia


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, flyize said:

I see commits to the Docker Github as recently as 30 minutes ago. How quickly do those get reflected here?

Tagged releases (comprised of many commits) are the only ones that will trickle down to docker and OS specific releases (e.g. Windows GUI client).

 

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, flyize said:

I see commits to the Docker Github as recently as 30 minutes ago. How quickly do those get reflected here?

They've only added tzdata package, nothing important. And anyway it won't build like that way they did  it.

 

I've tried to build docker image by myself from 1.1.6 tag specifically but the sync still doesn't work in linux docker version. On windows GUI it works perfectly.

 

*UPDATE*

I've changed template network type from Host to Bridge and it has started to sync immediately.

I was able to sync 3k of blocks in less than 5 minutes.

Edited by zeus83
Link to comment

The docker builds chia-blockchain inside, and it takes the latest by default if I got it correctly. But for some reason they 're not preparing new docker images. Therefore I think the only way is to build docker image manually.

Link to comment

chia version 1.1.6 is out, seems they are addressing sync issues..  from changelog

"This is the initial release of our DNS introducer. We built a far too simple basic introducer that we hoped to replace as quickly as possible with an introducer that uses DNS in the style of Bitcoin. This release will now use both and as we gain testing with the DNS version, we will slowly be phasing the classic introducers out. This should significantly help in finding nodes to connect and sync to."

Link to comment
1 minute ago, zer0ed said:

chia version 1.1.6 is out, seems they are addressing sync issues..  from changelog

"This is the initial release of our DNS introducer. We built a far too simple basic introducer that we hoped to replace as quickly as possible with an introducer that uses DNS in the style of Bitcoin. This release will now use both and as we gain testing with the DNS version, we will slowly be phasing the classic introducers out. This should significantly help in finding nodes to connect and sync to."

Fixed my syncing issues on Windows.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, unririd said:

 

Yes, it looks like they're having trouble building the official Docker.  Thanks to a tip from user ChrisM, I've updated Machinaris to the latest Chia v1.1.6 binaries.  It's available via Check for Updates in the Unraid Docker view.

20210521_095121.png

Link to comment
36 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

 

Yes, it looks like they're having trouble building the official Docker.  Thanks to a tip from user ChrisM, I've updated Machinaris to the latest Chia v1.1.6 binaries.  It's available via Check for Updates in the Unraid Docker view.

20210521_095121.png

Is this in Community Apps? And I'm sorry to have to ask this, but has anyone smarter than me verified any of it?

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, flyize said:

Is this in Community Apps? And I'm sorry to have to ask this, but has anyone smarter than me verified any of it?

 

Great question! Sure is, just search for either Machinaris or Chia in the Unraid Apps tab.  The project is open source.  The goal is to add a WebUI + a plotting manager to the Chia docker image.  As such, the two images are complementary. The official Chia docker is good for those who want to use exclusively CLI and their own scripts.  Machinaris is better for those that want browser access via Unraid and the ease-of-use a plotting manager like Plotman provides.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, thought I was safe from the sync issues but alas.

 

Sync status: Not synced

 

Not synced or not connected to peers

 

Current Blockchain Status: Not Synced.

 

Looks like Docker on unRAID is a no-go for Chia. If you are putting resources into this I'd be checking your status often.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, adminmat said:

Well, thought I was safe from the sync issues but alas.

 

Sync status: Not synced

 

Not synced or not connected to peers

 

Current Blockchain Status: Not Synced.

 

Looks like Docker on unRAID is a no-go for Chia. If you are putting resources into this I'd be checking your status often.

 

 

Hi, this thing helped me.

 

Ensure you have 8444 port forwarded and then change network type in chia docker template from Host (as recommended) to Bridge. I have zero sync issues after I did this.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, sorry for my absence in the last week or so, my life is crazy lately and I have very limited free time (if any 😆

 

I see a lot of you had some sync issues, well turns out I had the same issues lately. I've opened up my 8444 port in my router and that seemed to have helped a lot (I sometimes had like 1 peer. but now it's never less than 20-30). As tjb_altf4 said, 1.1.6 was released and It confirmed that there was some issues in the network itself. Personally, all my problems went away with this upgrade, so I suggest anyone with sync problems to at least do the port forward and the upgrade to 1.1.6 and test again. Don't forget to disable upnp if you do the port forward.

 

I see also a few requests about adding some things (like swar manager) to this Docker, sadly as I mentioned earlier this is not something I can do unless I make my own docker image. This unraid template is for the official docker image and I have no plan (nor the time) to create a new one, so don't expect this to change. Any issues regarding the docker itself should be directed towards the official Chia-Docker github. That being said, any request to the unraid template I have no problem of doing/adding.

 

On another note, @guy.davis released a promising docker to CA called Machinaris, It brings plotman and a webgui to the official docker, I suggest anyone who is interested in this to take a look.

 

I've personally began using swar plot manager in the official docker so I will definitely take a look at Machinaris.

Edited by Partition Pixel
Typo
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Beware, the build process by chia dev team definitely needs improvement : I pulled both the (new) '1.1.6' tag as well as 'latest' (which is the default if you don't explicitly mention it). In both cases, the output of 'chia version' in the container console is 1.1.7.dev0 !

Check your own containers, it doesn't seem to raise issues for the moment, but when the pool protocol and the corresponding chia version will be launched, it may lead to disasters, especially in setups where there are several machines (full node, wallet, harvester(s), ...)

I had already created an issue in github, I just complemented it with this new incident.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Gnomuz said:

Beware, the build process by chia dev team definitely needs improvement : I pulled both the (new) '1.1.6' tag as well as 'latest' (which is the default if you don't explicitly mention it). In both cases, the output of 'chia version' in the container console is 1.1.7.dev0 !

Check your own containers, it doesn't seem to raise issues for the moment, but when the pool protocol and the corresponding chia version will be launched, it may lead to disasters, especially in setups where there are several machines (full node, wallet, harvester(s), ...)

I had already created an issue in github, I just complemented it with this new incident.

Interestingly when I installed 1.1.5 it showed up as 1.1.6dev0. There was a issue on GitHub about this as well with a direction to delete a .json file. The devs said it wasn't an issue. My 1.1.6 shows up as 1.1.7dev0 as well. 

 

Note that I did not use the container template by Partition Pixel. I manually entered the official docker URL location 

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, adminmat said:

Interestingly when I installed 1.1.5 it showed up as 1.1.6dev0. There was a issue on GitHub about this as well with a direction to delete a .json file. The devs said it wasn't an issue. My 1.1.6 shows up as 1.1.7dev0 as well. 

 

Note that I did not use the container template by Partition Pixel. I manually entered the official docker URL location 

In fact it's a general issue of crappy versioning and/or repo management. On a baremetal Ubuntu, when trying to upgrade from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6 following the official wiki how-to it also built 1.1.7.dev0. And deleting the .json file is of no effect for building the main stuff, maybe the Linux GUI, I don't use it. And I think the docker image build process simply suffers from the same problem.

The only solution so far to build a "real" (?) 1.1.6 in Ubuntu is to delete the ~/chia-blockchain directory and make a fresh install. No a problem, as all static data are stored in ~/.chia/mainnet, but still irritating.

They will improve over time, hopefully ...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, zer0ed said:

So I have swar plot manager running, had time to play with it today.

This setup isn't elegant and probably isn't following best practices but it works for me. Please be mindful of this, if you break something, lose plots, etc.. don't come cryin'

 

 

 

 

After updating to 1.1.6 it now throws some errors when starting Swar

 

py.PNG.9ec05468b8e2729beb98150f7486b76f.PNG

 

Update:  pip install -r requirements.txt  solved it.

 

 

Edited by adminmat
Link to comment
On 5/12/2021 at 2:55 AM, Gnomuz said:

Hi,

Review the link I gave in my OP (https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/wiki/Farming-on-many-machines) to understand the underlying objectives.

 

Step by step :

- copy the mainnet/config/ssl/ca directory of your full node in a path accessible from the container, e.g. appdata/chia

- edit the container settings :

  • farmer_address : IP address of your farmer/full node machine
  • farmer_port : 8447
  • harvester_only : true

- start the container

- enter the container console

- enter "top", you should have only two chia processes : "chia_daemon" and "chia_harvester"

- enter the venv : ". ./activate"

- stop the running processes : "chia stop -d all"

- check the processes stopped properly with "top"

- create the keys for the container harvester signed by the farmer node : "chia init -c /root/.chia/ca" (if you copied the famer's ca directory as suggested above, adjust if needed)

- restart the harvester : "chia start harvester"

- check both logs (container and farmer nodes), you will see successful connections between both nodes if your logs are set at INFO level

- if everything is fine, delete the adddata/chia/ca directory so that you don't have multiple copies of your keys around your network as a safety measure

I got all the way to step Venv: "..activate" Umm Wut? Pardon my noobness, but what command do I enter? Tried every combination of ../activate, venv:../activate, activate venv, venv../activate. Even tried to google what a venv was... Everything just comes up as not found, not found, not found. The processes are running, but that's about it so far.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.