swap / remove cache ssds in pool

Hello everyone,

at the moment I am running a single SSD cache pool with 3 drives. First I started with a single 500GB SSD, then I added a 1TB SSD and later another one.

Currently cache is the 500GB, cache1 is 1TB and cache2 is 1TB. All drives are part of a btrfs pool.

My goal is to remove the 500GB and just run the 2 1TB SSD in a 2-drive cache pool.

So I stopped the array, set the cache(0) drive to unassinged and started the array. That did not work and the cache pool showed "Unmountable: Too many missing/misplaced devices" error.

Next I set my newest 1TB SSD as the cache(0) drive and started again but the same error was shown.

Is there a "simple" way to remove the "old" 500GB SSD or is move all the stuff from the cache to the array the way to go, also with a cache pool?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replay.

I set the (first) cache drive to "no" but then I cannot start the array (see my attachment)

Any ideas? I have no clue also thought a swap in the cache pool is quite easy

Screenshot 2021-05-08 144514.jpg

When I swap Cache and Cache 3 I can start the array but again with the unmountable error. Start the array anyway and run the diagnostics. Again see the attachments

Thanks a lot

Screenshot 2021-05-08 144514.jpg

Screenshot 2021-05-08 145008.jpg

unraid-diagnostics-20210508-1453.zip

Edited by Bob@unraid

Thanks a lot Jorge.

Checked the mark and the array started without any problem. When I tried I think I just oversee that mark 😅

One last question: Is it possible to swap / set / change the 2 remaning disk to Cache and Cache 2 and get rid of "Cache "not installed""?

Thanks again

Screenshot 2021-05-09 174509.jpg

• 2 weeks later...