Docker.img over 200Gb

Hello all,

I recently replaced my cache drive from a 120Gb one to 400Gb one as I am using photoprism and I have a stupid amount of photos which needed thumbnails (which I wanted on a fast cache drive).

Using my 120Gb one I believe the docker.img file was <40Gb which is acceptable for 16 docker containers.

However after swapping the cache drive (I did not do this the offical way by writing to the array as that would have taken a stupidly long time...) I noticed my docker.img file has skyrocketed to >200Gb. Not quite sure what has caused this as all docker containers are still there and operational and nothing has really changed.

Is there a way to remake this file without losing any data or configuration. It is my understanding that the data is stored withinside appdata and therefore shouldn't be deleted but feels very wrong to delete all 16 containers... to remake them and expect everything to be fine so some reassurance that I am doing the right thing would be lovely haha. 

Thanks in advance :)

With an image that full, either the logging from one of the containers is going absolutely nuts, or you're downloading stuff directly into the image.   Verify the path mappings on the templates, and the internal settings of the various containers.

2 hours ago, trurl said:

docker.img isn't full and is using less than 10G. But it has been created as 200G due to the Settings for Docker. Looks like you must have increased it yourself.

Ah okay good spot... I will look into it tomorrow, thanks! 

For anyone stumbling over this in the future "docker system df" is a great command to run if you are worried about container size. But as trurl mentioned I had assigned it this value when creating it due to inexperience. 

On 5/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, trurl said:

docker.img isn't full and is using less than 10G. But it has been created as 200G due to the Settings for Docker. Looks like you must have increased it yourself.