Migrate 2 8tb HDDs from OMV to Unraid

Hey There,

I am just about to try to migrate my 2 8tb Seagate HDDs from Openmediavault to Unraid. Because Unraid just got the new Pool Feature, i want to make an 2 Drive Raid 1 Pool, but i don't know where to set the Raid Level and i also have no clue how i can change the File Format without loosing Data, have anyone done something like that before?

8 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Formatting means create a new blank file system. You can't just change formats, you must put the data elsewhere, change format type, then put the data back.

But where? do you have 8tb space laying around?
Isn't there any common strategy that you could use or an plugin/software that can do that for you?

8 minutes ago, mig67 said:

If your Hdd are formatted on Xfs then you can simply put them without having to format (I did it last week), otherwise you have to format everything

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

If i try that i just get the Error

Unmountable: No pool uuid

dont take this the wrong way, mate, but using a NAS commits you to a lifetime of occasional drive purchases.  If you need another drive to migrate data, you should just buy the drive.  You will use it and need more in the future anyway.  Im not being unsympathetic, this is the easiest way and you are going to buy more drives anyway as time goes by.

• Like 1