Hello old friends

marlin

49 minutes ago, marlin said:

Power backup will hopefully give me the time to do a clean shutdown if I’m in the middle of using it. UPS is not big enough for long term unraid running survival.

Clean shutdown should be considered the purpose of UPS. Takes them a while to recharge and you don't want them discharged so much that you can't get another clean shutdown if the power goes out again.

55 minutes ago, marlin said:

. Guessing I copied movies directly to each disk and did not let ‘shares’ do its job.

I always recommend not sharing disks on the network and only working with user shares. There are some ways you can actually get yourself in trouble if you try to work with disks and user shares together. One way even causes data loss.

53 minutes ago, marlin said:

Can I just add a “Movies” folder to disk 5 and move all the movies into that? Will that clean up the user shares? I’m sure you have a more eloquent way.

That's what I would do.

58 minutes ago, marlin said:

You mentioned perhaps I used a global include/exclude command? Did that carry over on the drive from ver 4.7?

Take a look yourself in Settings - Global Share Settings. Typically you want Include and Exclude on that page to both be an empty list. Include means Only the listed, Exclude means Except the listed.

Each user share also has Include/Exclude settings, but User Share settings are mostly about where new files get written. All disks (except those globally excluded) are always included for reading user shares.

1 hour ago, marlin said:

Can I just add a “Movies” folder to disk 5 and move all the movies into that? Will that clean up the user shares? I’m sure you have a more eloquent way.

Yep. As long as the root folder name is the same, case sensitive, it will participate in the existing Movies user share. Shouldn't take more than a couple seconds, as it's just updating the path, not really moving the files.

After you go through each disk and ensure only share folders are in the root, you can go into the flash drive and remove all the extra share config files.

Since I didn't examine all your shares, there may be some you don't want that are top level folders on disks other than disk5.

Go to the User Shares page and click the Compute All button. If it doesn't produce results after several minutes refresh the page.

That will show you how much of each disk is used by each user share.

I ran 'compute all' and it shows each movie only on disk 5. 'Movies' show on disks 1-5. appdata, domains, system under cache.  isos showing up under disk 5 due to mucking around on my part trying to follow space invader video and needs to be corrected later.  

I placed 'Movies' on to disk 5 but it is on the same level as the movies. No experience with MC or Krusader, downloaded Krusader and Putty in anticipation. Looked at mc via the terminal but not comfortable to go forward. 

Also remembered at ver 4.7 the data disks showing up under Windows network/tower but now only the movies on disk 5 show up there (along with 'flash' which I temporarily unhide) preplanning to do JonathanM''s suggestion.

Global Settings show; disk share-auto, user share-yes, Include disk-all, Exclude disk-none, Tunable hard link-Yes, Tunable I/O-auto. Should Include be set to None?

Only 'User share' is root

UPS is setup but not tested yet.