Unsupported chipset support!

HI all. Brand new to unraid and keen to try it out after trialling 2 other NAS options. 

In a link I can no longer find there was mentioned about several unsupported chipsets for unraid. As it turns out the only 2 mobos I have run those chipsets. One being an Asus H87 Pro and the other an Asus p8H77-I. Both the H77 and H87 chipsets are unsupported according to documentation.

I suspect both these boards will run up, but what could go wrong with unsupported boards, or are there certain features that may be problematic? My use case is storage and a couple of VMs and plugins running 3 or 4 HDDs.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks for the confidence boost. I did see this mentioned deep in the bowels of the docs section somewhere. I done so much pre-reading my head is still spinning. If I come across it again will link it here for reference. 

So far initial testing on my H87 board seems fine but the H77 is more practical as it's a mITX size.

Thanks again.