Installation of Supermicro SASLP-MV8?

Hi!

Due to the fact that I'm more the Mac guy I wonder which PCI-E-Port I should use best for that card on my Supermicro C2SEE:

One (1) PCI-Express (2.0) x16 (Slot6) • One (1) PCI-Express x4 (x16 physical slot) (Slot4) • One (1) PCI-Express x1 (Slot7)

No other cards are installed.

Thanks.

Bye.

Hi!

Due to the fact that I'm more the Mac guy I wonder which PCI-E-Port I should use best for that card on my Supermicro C2SEE:

One (1) PCI-Express (2.0) x16 (Slot6) • One (1) PCI-Express x4 (x16 physical slot) (Slot4) • One (1) PCI-Express x1 (Slot7)

No other cards are installed.

Thanks.

Bye.

either the x4 or x16 slot will work fine.  the x1 slot is to small to even get the card in.

The Supermicro card says on it that it is a PCIe x4 card.  This means that you can use an x4 or greater (x8 or x16) slot for the card.

Hi!

Thank you. I used the 16x port. I just wondered that it is actually longer than the card itself.;-)

I think it's okay.

Grrr. I ordered the bulk and figured out, after opened the box, that no cables are included. They cost additional 25€ and I have to wait to test the card until I receive these breakout cables.;-/

Bye.

I would try it in each toake sure it works and is recognized on both. Bit would recommend leaving it I'm the x4 slot. That way you'd have the wider slot open for a different controller that can take advantage of the wider slot (e.g., BR10i uses x8+ slot).