[Solved] Billion parity errors after power outage

Hello.

I'm on 6.9.2. There has been an power outage, I did two parity checks after it and the same number of errors show up. Parity was full and correct before. Write corrections was enabled both times. Don't know about the first time, but during the second time I saw "Writing corrections to parity".

2021-05-11_10-10-46_firefox.png.b06a7ce1d7429d1f4102bc0ca30d91cf.png

2021-05-11_10-16-15_firefox.thumb.png.4cf7e4d8897cd86e35bfda854fb70e94.png

After the first parity check I tested all docker containers and they all started up correctly and seemed like no data loss. But I have 17.8TB of data so I can't manually check all of it. Smart data doesn't show any errors.

isuserver-diagnostics-20210511-0953.zip

Edited by Isus
10 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

May  7 10:23:26 Isuserver kernel: mdcmd (36): check nocorrect

Auto parity check after an unclean shutdown is always non correct, 2nd one was correct so it's corrected now.

Ok, I will start another parity check and will post result.

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards.

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's good, though like trurl mentioned that's a lot of errors for an unclean shutdown, did you by chance do a parity swap recently?

Yes, I did parity check after. Thats the one on 31.3. on the first screenshot.

3 minutes ago, Isus said:

I did parity check after. Thats the one on 31.3. on the first screenshot.

It can't be, it's an impossible speed, it can only be from a rebuild (or clear) of a smaller disk than parity (it's an old bug).

The billions of errors are likely the result of the parity swap, it's another bug, and as long as next checks find 0 errors you're fine.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It can't be, it's an impossible speed, it can only be from a rebuild (or clear) of a smaller disk than parity (it's an old bug).

The billions of errors are likely the result of the parity swap, it's another bug, and as long as next checks find 0 errors you're fine.

Why would it be impossible?  219MB/s for parity check after the parity swap?image.png.8760199cd5aae87212962d6f2be5f03b.png

5 minutes ago, Isus said:

Why would it be impossible?  219MB/s for parity check after the parity swap?

Because your disks (and most if not all) can't read that fast over the entire surface, what's reported is the average speed, 153MB/s for the last check seems about right.

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

Because your disks (and most if not all) can't read that fast over the entire surface, what's reported is the average speed, 153MB/s for the last check seems about right.

My parity is Seagate Exo and other are Iron Wolf Pros. So the speed didn't seem fishy to me.

• Isus changed the title to [Solved] Billion parity errors after power outage