Can't use Teamviewer any more :(

bally12345

I used to use TeamViewer to connect to my VM from work. But now I keep getting disconnected as it thinks im using for commercial use.

What's the best alternative? The problem I have is on my work laptop, I am on corporate LAN which means I cant use any vpn and [myhash.undraid.net] does get passed the firewall.

Any suggestions for something that has a portable version as I cant install either 

+1 for anydesk.

not as slick as teamviewer in terms of if you have lots of clients to manage, but it doesn't misbehave randomly.

I will note an interesting oddity though... if you're running anydesk, you might not be able to get to gambling web sites. :D

@bally12345

I was just coming on here after building out a service to post and see what the interest would be in an application I built. 
Looking at Unraids MyServers it seems it only helps get to the unraid interface itself. I really needed to get to the web interface of all of my applications/containers so I built out a secure method. 

Feel free to give it a try.

https://entry.ninja

Add this repository to your docker page, update, then add the container entryninja

https://github.com/entrytech/unraid-docker-templates

Once you have done those steps and confirmed your email you can claim the server (install code in the webui of the docker) and add any services on the machine or accessible to it.

These will all become available to a subdomain of entry.ninja. You could possibly experience the same issues you see with the hash.unraid.net behind your corporate network tho but the hash is much simpler than unraids due to the fact every request is authenticated anyways so we don't need to hide it behind so much obscurity.

This service allows you to connect to any web based service on your box that uses standard web protocols and securely authenticates every request so theres no open ports needed.

Let me know if it works for you

On 5/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, bally12345 said:

Anydesk didnt work on work laptop as it cant connect to its servers.

The entry ninja is no good for me either as I am just looking for remote access to my VM rather than unraid. Emailed teamviewer to have account reset so see what happens.

You can try Chrome Remote Desktop as well. Video quality suffers from time to time in my experience, and depending on your corporate firewall, DPI might block CRD - though I doubt it if TeamViewer works for you.

In my case TeamViewer did the same to me, which is unfortunate because I used to recommend their product - but aggressively flagging power users as "corporate" usage is just an indicator that they just want the cash grab at this point. I ended up breaking down and setting up Apache Guacamole and use RDP with NLA on the server-side of things. (I.E. you enable RDP and NLA in your VM, then add that RDP connection to Guacamole, and expose Guacamole to the internet - preferably with 2FA)

Now I not only have secure access to all of my machines remotely - but I'm not using someone else's resources to do it, so I'm not reliant on them not changing the agreement.