High CPU load with smb

Hi all,

i have a setup with a cache disk (enrypted) and an array (encrypted). When i copy over files to the new server via smb (just using the windows explorer) i have very high CPU loads and the system becomes unresponsive.

Could it be the enryption? I have a i5-6600K CPU, so AES NI should be available.

Best

Dennis

- The dockers don't have a high CPU load

--> but when i completely disable docker the CPU load is still high (maybe slightly lower)

- i already have an extra pool for appdata

--> appdata - Prefer : Data

--> Multimedia - Yes : Cache

--> the array is the same

Edited by dehein2
24 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Top doesn't show i/o load, dashboard does.

I’m not sure what that means ;)

does it mean that it’s normal that in top the load is lower?

what does that mean for my problem? ;)

Edited by dehein2
On 5/13/2021 at 7:03 PM, JorgeB said:

Cache=yes for moving to array:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/?do=findComment&comment=537383

Note that docker/VM service need to be disable, it won't move open files.

Hi,

maybe i dud sth. wrong. I created the new pool. Set all shars with old pool to "yes". Started the mover.

But there are still some files on the cache (a few i could just ignore and a docker.img). Docker/VM were disabled.

for the system folder with the docker.imh. i changed the system share to another cache earlier - maybe the files were just abandoned?

for the files from the multimedia share:

May 17 19:39:51 deheinServer root: mover: started
May 17 19:39:51 deheinServer move: move: file /mnt/cache/Multimedia/Fitness/Intensiv Yoga/3 - Programm B.mkv
May 17 19:39:51 deheinServer move: move_object: /mnt/cache/Multimedia/Fitness/Intensiv Yoga/3 - Programm B.mkv File exists
May 17 19:39:51 deheinServer move: move: file /mnt/cache/Multimedia/Kinder/TVShows/Anna und die wilden Tiere/Anna und die wilden Tiere.S01E21.Wo pfeift das Murmeltier_.mp4
May 17 19:39:51 deheinServer move: move_object: /mnt/cache/Multimedia/Kinder/TVShows/Anna und die wilden Tiere/Anna und die wilden Tiere.S01E21.Wo pfeift das Murmeltier_.mp4 File exists
May 17 19:39:51 deheinServer root: mover: finished