EntryNinja - New Service to Remote access web services

craigzyc

Hi, 

I built out this out of personal need to be able to securely access my web services outside of my home without exposing ports or constantly using teamviewer to access my machine.

This service is comprised of a web access portal and a docker container that manages the connections. It uses encrypted communications but no VPN, no certificates to manage, no ports to open (works over NAT traversal as well)

Setup is simple and currently there are no limits on number of servers or services. Just looking to judge interest in this solution. Please leave feedback.

https://entry.ninja

Add this repository to your docker page, update, then add the container entryninja

https://github.com/entrytech/unraid-docker-templates

Once you have done those steps and confirmed your email you can claim the server (install code in the webui of the docker) and add any services on the machine or accessible to it. Get secure outside access to all your web based UIs without opening a single port.

Known Caveats

• Does not support webdav so for containers like NextCloud you can access the webui but can't use the app. To access the webui you may have to add *.entry.ninja to the trusted domains to add the service. You can change that to your specific domain once the service is added. (eg. xxxxxxxxx.entry.ninja)
  • Supports self signed certificates or secure services on ports 443 and 8443. More can be added or I could make it a configuration option to enable certificate support. The exposed service will be automatically secured using a LetsEncrypt certificate no matter if the service on your machine uses self signed or no certificate at all.

The client interface looks like this and allows you to manage your servers and services on each server. The screen shots are automatically generated using a virtual browser. 

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 12.24.11 AM.png

Please give it a try and leave your feedback.