SOLVED! New motherboard (ASRock X570M Pro4) not seeing PCI LSI 9211-8i or Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8

I am sure it is a bios setting somewhere but I haven't found it yet. I haven't changed out my MB for 10 years so I am rusty.

When booting up I am not seeing the cards config where they scan for drives or I can enter config. The cards light up at boot so I know they are getting power.

Any advice would be helpful, like I said, I am rusty.

Thanks!

Edited by mgworek
6 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

If either PCIe card not recognize, it likely mobo or PCIe slot problem. Pls try other PCIe slot ( Unraid can boot up without GPU )

Does LSI HBA heatsink heatup ? ( very hot is normal )

I was thinking of trying that. I probably need to boot with GUI first and fix my network. I had 2 ncis bound with my last motherboard. Thanks for the suggestion.

• mgworek changed the title to SOLVED! New motherboard (ASRock X570M Pro4) not seeing PCI LSI 9211-8i or Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8
37 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

If either PCIe card not recognize, it likely mobo or PCIe slot problem. Pls try other PCIe slot ( Unraid can boot up without GPU )

Does LSI HBA heatsink heatup ? ( very hot is normal )

Ok, this was completely my fault and I feel stupid. I tried switching slots didn't solve the problem. Heatsink was getting hot.

This whole time I was worried there was a chance I was using the wrong breakout cables. I also switched cases which required a different cable from the card. I knew I had 2 different kind of breakout cables and remembered I knew I had the correct ones that came with my card I just bought 2 months ago but couldn't find them.

That solved it but I thought I would still see the card scan for drives at boot. Of course I never booted before with 0 drives attached it.

Walking slowly back to my stupid corner.

Thanks for the help though!

13 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

Note, for BIOS not post those HBA, usually you can enable it in BIOS, search "storage OpROM" and enable it, but actually you don't need enable it, this just make longer post time.

I’m just so used to seeing it on my old server and like I said, I am rusty and don’t remember what I set in the bios a decade ago. 😹 thanks for the info! Your advice made me think harder and try more things and was like I know I have other cables.

Edited by mgworek