[6.9.2] LSI 9211-8i timeout error logged during drive spinup

I've seen some forum topics relating to this error but it seems they were for UNRAID versions prior to 6.9.2.  I'm seeing what are probably benign (I hope) errors when drives are spun up on UNRAID 6.9.2.  I was recently running 6.8.3 and have only started seeing these errors after the upgrade.  Nothing whatsoever has changed beyond the UNRAID version.  Diagnostics attached.

tower-diagnostics-20210513-1220.zip

Edited by WizADSL
  • WizADSL changed the title to [6.9.2] LSI 9211-8i timeout error logged during drive spinup
On 5/19/2021 at 12:45 PM, JorgeB said:

Likely nothing to worry about, but they appear limited to the Seagate 8TB drives, and while it's not the affected model this might still help:

I tried what is suggested in that post and it didn't make a difference.  I did notice the if the disk spins up automatically as a result of accessing data on the drive the error does not appear.  The error only seems to occur if the drive is explicitly spun up either by the user or when the array does explicitly it such as when you stop the array.