all docker containers lists version “not available” under update

• 3 weeks later...

I am running an old version of unRAID, 6.4.1, and I can't upgrade right now as it has a major effect on my most important docker.  Is there any way to fix this issue in 6.4.1?  The fix posted at the beginning of this thread doesn't appear to work as the text isn't found in this version of the DockerClient.php file.

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2021 at 6:30 AM, HyperV said:

I had exactly the same issue and could not find any solutions on the forum or the internet. So I did some digging myself and found the cause of the issue. The docker update check script gets the remote digest of the latest tag from the docker repository via a header called 'Docker-Content-Digest'. The script checks for this header with a case-sensitive regex pattern. Manually querying the docker hub registry gives me a header called 'docker-content-digest' (mind the casing). The docker hub registry must have recently changed the casing of this header, because it broke for me in the last 24 hours. I'm running on Unraid 6.8.3 still, so I'm not 100% sure if this issue also exists in 6.9.x.

If you feel up to it, you could quite easily fix this yourself until there is a real fix. I'll describe the steps below:

Open file: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerClient.php

Go to line 457.

There you should look for the text:

@Docker-Content-Digest:\s*(.*)@

and replace it with:

@Docker-Content-Digest:\s*(.*)@i

Save the file.

This will make the header check case-insensitive and should make it work again.

I tried this and I get Access Denied when I try to save it.  I've disabled Docker in Settings.  How did you get around that?

I was able to change the file and copy it over the existing file.

I copied to a user share using MC, then to my pc and used Notepad++

Here is what my line 457 looks like"

preg_match('@Docker-Content-Digest:\s*(.*)@i', $reply, $matches);

I then copied the updated file back to my user share and then again used MC to copy it / overwrite the existing.  I then enabled Docker in Settings and tried again.  It did not help.

Do i need to reboot?

Rebooted and it seems to be back to normal now.  Thanks!

Edited by optiman

upgraded to 6.9.2 and still the docker update issue continues

Sep 22 19:02:26 Tower nginx: 2021/09/22 19:02:26 [error] 8444#8444: *6597 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.11.79.248, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "10.11.79.162", referrer: "http://10.11.79.162/Docker"

Please - any idea how I can fix the docker update issue?  I thought this was supposed to be fixed in the latest version, but clearly it is not.  I can force an update and then it will say it's Up to Date.  But the auto run check (daily) and hitting the Check For Updates do not work.

Is this the wrong place to ask for help for this issue?

19 minutes ago, optiman said:

Please - any idea how I can fix the docker update issue?  I thought this was supposed to be fixed in the latest version, but clearly it is not.  I can force an update and then it will say it's Up to Date.  But the auto run check (daily) and hitting the Check For Updates do not work.

Is this the wrong place to ask for help for this issue?

Did you undo any "fixes" you implemented before the upgrade?

Ok, changed it back and restarted the Docker service, and again when I check for updates, same thing, just spins and times out. wtf

Sep 23 15:43:25 Tower nginx: 2021/09/23 15:43:25 [error] 8444#8444: *269827 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.11.79.248, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "10.11.79.162", referrer: "http://10.11.79.162/Docker"

As suggested, I started a new topic

Edited by optiman
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/24/2023 at 3:48 PM, TimTheSettler said:

If you're having trouble with one or two apps that are "not available" then you should install this.  I was running Unraid 6.11.5 and I had problems with the MeTube app.

image.png.69b5a1cd034a2c3d9538a9f8ce98e66f.png

I am still on 6.9.2 and have the described problem.

Unfortunately the patch is not offered to me via the App Store - what now?? I can't update to the current Unraid version at the moment for various reasons.

6 minutes ago, JoergHH said:

I am still on 6.9.2 and have the described problem.

The answer might be somewhere in the forum topic quoted above but I find that some of these topics have lots of info and suggestions and in the end it's hard to know what needs to done.  People just post a link and say "It's in there." but where in there is it?

Maybe @Squid can help to point out what exactly needs to be done for you in 6.9.2.

• 3 months later...