[Plugin] Intel-GVT-g

1 hour ago, LaurenCA said:

Is there anything specific regarding using the Nvidia driver plugin with this plugin? Can they be used simultaneously?

yep, working fine here, must be something different

im using it in my main VM Mashine

iGPU UHD630 gvt-g

NV GTX1060 Docker & VM (either or, NOT recommended)

NV RTX3080ti Docker & VM (either or, NOT recommended)

none are vfio bound and i always tested vice vers with transodings in dockers too, so all is working as expected.

• Like 1

Can they be used simultaneously?

Yes.

After ich777 helped me get this working, my nvidia card has functioning when using the docker containers.

Can you please be a bit more specific? What is not working? In which container do you use the card?

Sorry but I only se a 1050Ti in your system an not a P4000:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] [10de:1c82] (rev a1)
	Subsystem: PNY GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] [196e:11c3]
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia
	Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

I can't even upgrade the driver version in the Nvidia Driver Plugin.

I only see in your syslog that you already have removed the driver and reinstalled it once, which btw will do nothing if you don't reboot in between.

Please think again about it, you've done a BIOS update to get GVT-g working (which was in my opinion a wrong set option in the BIOS, because if you update the BIOS all settings are reverted to default) and maybe a setting is now set wrong but please be aware that I don't see any issues in you Diagnostics and it should work fine, it is even recognized fine by nvidia-smi.

35 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes.

Can you please be a bit more specific? What is not working? In which container do you use the card?

I use the nvidia card for dockers, plex and code project ai. Plex refuses to transcode, and code project ai using the nvidia cuda module no longer does anything more than start. I never get any process on the nvidia gpu. 

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I only se a 1050Ti in your system an not a P4000:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: NVIDIA Corporation GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] [10de:1c82] (rev a1)
	Subsystem: PNY GP107 [GeForce GTX 1050 Ti] [196e:11c3]
	Kernel driver in use: nvidia
	Kernel modules: nvidia_drm, nvidia

I used to run two cards in this machine. The 1050-ti and the Quadro P4000. I removed one when I started trying the igpu. I'm currently using the 1050-ti, but I've tried both. Sorry for the confusion. 

39 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I only see in your syslog that you already have removed the driver and reinstalled it once, which btw will do nothing if you don't reboot in between.

Understood. I will do it again, but correctly next time. 

41 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please think again about it, you've done a BIOS update to get GVT-g working (which was in my opinion a wrong set option in the BIOS, because if you update the BIOS all settings are reverted to default) and maybe a setting is now set wrong but please be aware that I don't see any issues in you Diagnostics and it should work fine, it is even recognized fine by nvidia-smi.

I can say I didn't have all the options in bios for the igpu. All i could do is set primary video and options to enable/disable igpu. 

At this point I am going to step back and work this out on my own. You have told me it should work, and I agree. Plus I don't want to waste your time. If I find something, I'll make another post. Thanks again for your help.

6 minutes ago, LaurenCA said:

I use the nvidia card for dockers, plex and code project ai. Plex refuses to transcode, and code project ai using the nvidia cuda module no longer does anything more than start. I never get any process on the nvidia gpu. 

And you are sure you've passed over the correct GPU with the correct GPU since you've mentioned in your previous post that you are using a P4000 and now that you are using the 1050Ti...? Just asking...

8 minutes ago, LaurenCA said:

I'm currently using the 1050-ti, but I've tried both. Sorry for the confusion. 

And what is the error in Plex? The exact error, Plex refuses to transcode is pretty random... How do you test that? I hope you don't use the Plex Web Player, as if you have reported it in the correct thread Nvidia Driver thread then you maybe would have seen that since the last post was exactly about that.

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And you are sure you've passed over the correct GPU with the correct GPU since you've mentioned in your previous post that you are using a P4000 and now that you are using the 1050Ti...? Just asking...

Yes, I've made sure I am using the correct device. The nvidia driver plugin and plex both match. GPU-4b9f3a9e-4306-cdaa-5488-721d9af2a621

30 minutes ago, ich777 said:

And what is the error in Plex? The exact error, Plex refuses to transcode is pretty random... How do you test that? I hope you don't use the Plex Web Player, as if you have reported it in the correct thread Nvidia Driver thread then you maybe would have seen that since the last post was exactly about that.

I just tested that, the error is [FFMPEG] - Failed to initialise VAAPI connection: -1 (unknown libva error). 

I test that by going on a device and playing a video, when it starts playing using original quality I go to settings and make playback quality much lower than the original quality. I've done a lot of testing between the cards measuring power consumption and I could see the differences in nvidia-smi between the cards.

30 minutes ago, LaurenCA said:

Failed to initialise VAAPI connection

Plex tries to use the iGPU, don't ask me why.

I think you should really ask in the support thread from the container or the Plex forums itself. This seems not related to the Nvidia driver nor the GVT-g plugin.

Ya it's strange. I agree to an extent. I just can't get over why codeproject won't work either when the igpu is enabled. As soon as I disable it, both plex and cp ai work as expected. 

Edited by LaurenCA