Unmountable Disk Present After Rebuild

I just completed a successful rebuild after replacing a failed drive only now the new drive says it is unmountable. The filesystem says xfs when the array is started but when I stopped the array and removed the drive it does not show a filesystem in unassigned devices.

I have seen others have success running xfs_repair but I'm not sure if that is applicable in my situation.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

kinderserver-diagnostics-20210515-1355.zip

Edited by skinsvpn
formatting

Was it showing as unmountable before the rebuild?  A rebuild does not fix an unmountable status if the emulated drive was unmountable before the rebuild.

Handling of unmountable drives is covered here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the UnRaid GUI.

16 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Was it showing as unmountable before the rebuild?  A rebuild does not fix an unmountable status if the emulated drive was unmountable before the rebuild.

Handling of unmountable drives is covered here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the UnRaid GUI.

I believe it was showing unmountable. Will this have adversely affected the rebuild?

Just now, skinsvpn said:

I believe it was showing unmountable. Will this have adversely affected the rebuild?

No.   The rebuild simply makes the physical disk match the emulated one (which is why a rebuild does not clear an unmountable state).

you need to run the file system repair process on the drive to get it to mount.

I ran the repair and got the warning saying you need to provide the -L option to proceed which I did. Everything completed and the drive is mountable but all of the files (maybe a lot missing) are in lost+found. Hosed at this point? I have the old drive so I can try to recover from that one if it comes to it.

I guess thinking ahead if I do attempt to recover the files from the failed (failing?) hard drive would I simply start the array and rsync the file back to their respective shares?

Edited by skinsvpn
additional thoughts