Why video file got corrupted in unRAID?

I had a movie file that I watched many times, and now, halfway through it, it stops and won't play on plex. 

I copied the file to another computer and the I used VLC, and it won't work either.

I never seen this, I remember that I had an external driver before using unRAID, and I found the file, and restore it, and now the file plays good again.

Why this is happening with unRAID? In the past, I have also suspected missing files, but I couldn't tell for sure, but now that this file got corrupted, it making me doubt about the unraid.

5 hours ago, mhweb said:

And how would that help?

Memory errors are probably the most likely cause of a file corruption.  It could be that the file has been corrupted while being transferred, or it could be that another write to the disk has been written to the wrong place due to a memory error.   Is there a possibility that your memory is being run at a higher speed than desirable?  A long run of Memtest may show errors in such a case.

Also, have you looked at the SMART data for your drives (via the Dashboard)?  If in doubt, I suggest that you generate a set of Diagnostics (via the Tools page) and post that with your next message.

Edited by S80_UK