Krusader. Trying to understand how to browse Unraid.

These questions are in the context of me coming from windows and windows explorer. 

I guess if I only browsed "disk1" "disk2" etc, then it would behave like windows and windows explorer, correct?

But when we want to browse the user shares, it is different, and that diff is what makes Unraid what it is, correct? 

Mapping is used often in Linux in general, correct? 

I installed Krusader per Spaceinvader with this mapping

image.png.2d5a7ba1d8dd8fbef23d78663a6486c9.png

First I thought "media" is in this mapping to represent physical media (as in physical material, not media like movies), except now I see it also has the "user" folder with all the shares.  A little further down, I ask what is this "media".

When it first opens it goes to "Home" like this:

image.png.a8214f8968cf15297719eadfbedc05c7.png

What is Home and why does it start there?

Then I click "go up" and this appears: image.png.3d51526033c66af054a3bee4f801cbd9.png

It went to Root/home. Makes no sense to me.  So it is still in home, but seems like a different home with little "h", and inside Root.

Then I click "go up" again and this seems more normal cause it goes to Root. Here is what I see in Krusader, but if I click on "mnt" it's not what I expected and is somewhat empty, so I go back up to Root.  Next click "root" and it says "error: cannot open".  Why is little root inside big Root?

image.thumb.png.973031f7d7309dd05dfe9a12d6cddbb1.png

But when I click on "media" it gets me where I want to go.  Now I see the disks AND I see "user" which is what I want - my user shares.  I assume it is something to do with the container mappings of  /media <--> /mnt/  

I kind of understand the /mnt/ since we use it a lot.  But I don't understand where /media comes from or if it is an arbitrary word and could be replaced by any word?

And when I ask "calculate occupied space" of a folder "old appdata" it QUICKLY shows this good info.  image.png.5fa780a3e81975f8f604806c78b26f03.png

If I go to windows explorer, it TAKES FOREVER for it to count up 42k folders.  (My guess is it is Roon music database files, cause Roon makes thousands of folders and files).  But Krusader does the count very fast, I guess Krusader is more direct to get the size and counts of folders and files in unraid.  

But when I use Krusader to delete the folder, it takes forever. maybe because I did not turn off .Recycle.bin first?

Thanks for any replies.

image.png

Edited by xrqp

You're exploring the baseOS of the Krusader app itself.

The only thing Unraid related is /media, /UNASSIGNED, /FLASH, /config

Within /media you will see the physical disks (disk1, disk2), but you will also see user and user0 (which are a combined view of all of the disks (including the cache pool and excluding the cache pool), along with disks (which is equivalent to UNASSIGNED)