URGENT: Monitor fans' speed?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am saying it is urgent because I would like to see the status of my server that is remote and it is a bit dangerous to leave on if there is an issue.
My wife hears what by the description seems like a fan "wrestling" to work and a BIOS alarm probably about this very thing.
So, is there a way to monitor the fans of the system (obviously the ones that the system IS aware off, like CPU fan)?

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Fan monitoring is not part of standard Unraid, but have you tried using the Dynamix System Autofan plugin?

Yes. Doesn't detect any PWM.

My motherboard is a pretty standard chipset Gigabyte Z87-HD3. I expected it would be an easy job.

:(

1 minute ago, NLS said:

Yes. Doesn't detect any PWM.

My motherboard is a pretty standard chipset Gigabyte Z87-HD3. I expected it would be an easy job.

:(

No idea then :(  Have you tried asking in the support thread for that plugin if anyone else has succeeded with a similar setup.

44 minutes ago, itimpi said:

No idea then :(  Have you tried asking in the support thread for that plugin if anyone else has succeeded with a similar setup.

Yes.

No response (yet).