c compiler required in container

Hey Guys,

I've got netdata running on my unraid system, now I want to install a plugin, but this requires a c compiler. So, I was wondering how I can do that, I installed the dev pack plugin and activated "cxxlibs-6.0.18-x86_64-1.txz" and "gcc-9.2.0-x86_64-4.txz" there. Then I ran the command to install the plugin in the container (restarted the container first), but same outcome:

configure: error: in `/usr/src/fping-5.0':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

I'm unfortunately not that familiar with docker, so I've got 2 issues, no ubuntu operating system (all explanations are made for ubuntu) and insufficient understanding of docker to translate what is docker and what is ubuntu related.

Every help would be welcome, I tried googling of course, but couldn't find anything that helps me with that issue for unraid.

Autchi

So the dev pack plugin wont help you here. The thing you need to understand here is that a docker container essentially has a separate os within it which is different from the OS on the host. To get a compiler within the container you would need to exec into the container and install a compiler there using whatever method is correct for the os within the container (assuming that the container creator hasn't stripped out package management functionality). Off hand i dont know what os the netdata container is based on. Your best bet is likely to go to https://learn.netdata.cloud/ and see if they have any instructions there for installing plugins within a docker container, since netdata has made much progress in supporting container based installs.