cache issue, now appdata issue

A few days ago i noticed my cache drive just stopped showing as a cache and become an unassigned device.

So I added back as a cache and the drive was formatted.

I have now restored my appdata folder and added back my dockers, such as nextcloud, plex etc. The config for the docker is the same as before, but plex library and nextcloud appdata is not there.

I have restored my appdata from a backup using Squids backup tool.

When I add back my dockers the config is the same. But when i start my dockers none of the docker setups  are there, such as radarr has no movies and the indexers etc is empty, plex shows NO SOUP warning and does not see my movies.

Am I missing something here?

Hi Squid,

thank you for the reply.

I managed to get back nextcloud and mysql, this just worked fine even tho i took the same steps as plex etc.  I lost raddarr, sonnarr and plex meta/config data.  The folders were in the appdata backup and the config was there when I setup the docker but the appdata didnt work or wasnt there.   

Going forward so this doesnt happen again.  Can i use my borg backup to backup the appdata folder, is there anything else that needs to be backed up other than the appdata folder?

I want to prepare for worse case.

2 hours ago, Greygoose said:

Going forward so this doesnt happen again.  Can i use my borg backup to backup the appdata folder, is there anything else that needs to be backed up other than the appdata folder?

Appdata should be all you need.  Whether or not borgbackup supports symlinks etc which some containers make very extensive use of (eg: Plex) is a different story.