[Support] binhex - Crafty

Just FYI, from what i have read and heard, minecraft 1.17 will require Java 16, starting with snapshot 21W19A.
Indeed, and this image includes Java 16, how you specify a particular version of Java in crafty I don't know

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, OmegaXis said:

I am having absolutely no luck getting this working,  i just installed it, but have not gotten any of the wizards going, nor have i been able to load in paperclip.  is there any resources i should be reviewing that show how to load paperclip?

Create a folder such as /config/servers/test1/ and copy paperclip to it.

Create a new server in the gui and point to the paperclip jar.

Start the server in the gui and wait a few mins. Ignore the missing logs errors for now.

Just for clarification (perhaps I'm just a bit dense today). paths are what messed me up.

Host: /config  =  appdata: /binhex-crafty/   so server path = /config/crafty/servers/CoolServerName

then put your jar in that folder. Start it and it makes the files/dir you need and errors out telling you that you have to agree to the EULA 

Click FILES button, click eula.txt to open and change "false" to "true" (no quotes). Save

Restart server

Notes:

1) My Docker container started filling up rapidly and it turns out it was making Server Backups every minute :o and the default backup location was in the container so you may want to turn this off in TASKS or edit it to /config/crafty/Backup or wherever you want via the BACKUP button

2) Getting "Unable to Connect" errors on some servers (older versions) so I can't see #of players, etc. But terminal and commands seem to work fine

Edited by Loch
  • Thanks 1

I'd suggest adding a new share on unraid, and mapping container: /backups to that share, then changing the backup location to /backups/crafty

If you're using paperMC:

In the crafty server config, change the java version for you're ready for 1.17:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

change the update url to:

https://papermc.io/api/v1/paper/1.16.5/latest/download

I backup every 20 mins. Note that Crafty pops messages "backup started" and "backup completed" that the players will see, so it's best not to backup too often as these messages will annoy the players. This can be turned off in Crafty v4, when it's released later this year, hopefully.

Edited by jj_uk

got this up and running. I saw a few of the errors others had experienced. Here are my steps, with a screenshot.

When I tried to get it running, I was having a few problems: no files were being created. This was because I didn't pay attention to the FAQ binhex wrote for new Minecraft 1.17: requires java 16. https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/crafty.md

I also want to run a couple of worlds at the same time, so the default settings for me aren't quite right. 

1. downloaded 1.17 minecraft https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/server
  2. saved minecraft.java to /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-crafty/crafty/servers/minecraft_server.1.17.jar
    (the docker translates this to /config/crafty/servers/minecraft_server.1.17.jar, see the docker settings > Show More Settings)
  3. made sub folder for one server binhex-crafty/crafty/servers/goats
  4. Server Name "goats"
  5. Server Path /config/crafty/servers/goats
  6. Server Jar /config/crafty/servers/minecraft_server.1.17.jar
    default it'll look for the jar in the folder of the server. I didn't want it to do that, so put the full (albeit Docker map) path to the jar I wanted
  7. Java Path /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java
    very important. See binhex FAQ link above, and pinned on this thread. Minecraft 1.17 requires a newer java, so we need to specify that path to the new java
  8. hit start, will create files
  9. edit eula.txt from False to True
  10. bob's your uncle

One of my servers is on papermc 1.16. Referring back to binhex's FAQ, the steps above are SIMILAR but, as binhex says, papermc requires java 11, so the Java Path will be /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/bin/java 

minecraft 1.17 crafty settings.png

Edited by dkerlee
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, dkerlee said:

got this up and running. I saw a few of the errors others had experienced. Here are my steps, with a screenshot.

When I tried to get it running, I was having a few problems: no files were being created. This was because I didn't pay attention to the FAQ binhex wrote for new Minecraft 1.17: requires java 16. https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/crafty.md

1. Java Path /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java
    very important. See binhex FAQ link above, and pinned on this thread. Minecraft 1.17 requires a newer java, so we need to specify that path to the new java

I've added that path to the correct box but after restarting the servers I still get:

[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] ************************************************************
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * WARNING - YOU ARE RUNNING AN OUTDATED VERSION OF JAVA.
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * PAPER WILL STOP BEING COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * JAVA WHEN MINECRAFT 1.17 IS RELEASED.
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] *
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * Please update the version of Java you use to run Paper
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * to at least Java 11. When Paper for Minecraft 1.17 is
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * released support for versions of Java before 11 will
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * be dropped.
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * Current Java version: 1.8.0_292
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] * Check this forum post for more information: 
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] *   https://papermc.io/java11
[04:21:58] [Server thread/WARN]: [io.papermc.paper.util.PaperJvmChecker] ************************************************************

image.thumb.png.c9c8d56ed64debe519144ac4ce9c08cd.png

It's not a huge deal for me as PaperMC doesn't have 1.17 out yet but I am curious as to why it's not being loaded in as it's showing the current version of Java as version: 1.8.0_292.

19 minutes ago, Rockstar said:

It's not a huge deal for me as PaperMC doesn't have 1.17 out yet but I am curious as to why it's not being loaded in as it's showing the current version of Java as version: 1.8.0_292.

my guess would be that papermc is looking at the default java version set (which will be v8) and assuming its running using that version (which is not the case), you can confirm this by going to the terminal of the docker container and issuing command 'ps -aux', this should then list all processes and if correctly defined you should see java 16 being used for papermc.

5 minutes ago, binhex said:

my guess would be that papermc is looking at the default java version set (which will be v8) and assuming its running using that version (which is not the case), you can confirm this by going to the terminal of the docker container and issuing command 'ps -aux', this should then list all processes and if correctly defined you should see java 16 being used for papermc.

Had a thought this might be the case.  Looks to be correct too, Thanks for confirming !

• Like 1

I asked in crafty discord but didn't get anything...

Can someone help me on how Jar Update URL works?
I have set it to:
https://papermc.io/api/v1/paper/1.16.5/latest/download
(which actually returns the latest download link)
My Server Jar field is set to:
paper-1.16.5-775.jar
(which is one before the last today)
...but how can I make Crafty (if I can) follow the updates and schedule them?
If I need to use the "tasks" (which would be where scheduling would be expected) I don't see anything related to updating the server.
Help?

31 minutes ago, jj_uk said:

I don't think you can; I think you need to click the button each time. It would be good if it could be scheduled with a specific time (e.g. cron).

Actually I don't even know WHAT button you need to click.
I don't see how it updates even without scheduling.

As for scheduling, of course it should be there, no need for manual cron as these is already the tasks tab...

Just now, NLS said:

Actually I don't even know WHAT button you need to click.
I don't see how it updates even without scheduling.

As for scheduling, of course it should be there, no need for manual cron as these is already the tasks tab...

Dashboard -> Server -> Details -> Update server jar.

34 minutes ago, SkinnySkelly said:

How do you change the password when you loose the password? I don't see the password in the logs anymore. Only shows 1 time on first time bootup

No you are wrong.
It shows the password as many times as needed if service is rebooted, at least until you change the password (I haven't checked after that).

The password's only shown on 1st run. If you forget it, on docker, the only way to get a new password is to delete crafty.sqlite.

(and that will delete all your configuration, the servers will not be deleted from disk, only the crafty settings).

Edited by jj_uk
On 6/18/2021 at 6:43 PM, NLS said:

No you are wrong.
It shows the password as many times as needed if service is rebooted, at least until you change the password (I haven't checked after that).

Sorry but you are wrong. Don't believe me? Boot up a fresh container and then look at the logs. As you can see the password is there. Now reboot the container and look at the logs again. The password is gone.

Hmm. I have used the Crafty container for a bit and I realised that Crafty is using up 14GB of my Docker image! I had to expand my Docker image size to accomodate it.

This seems highly unusual for what should be a very lightweight container. I only have one (1.17) server running from it and not many plugins. What is the issue with this and how can I solve it?

image.png.ca6a97c1c80acfcc9f05438a363ea04e.png