[Support] binhex - Crafty


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok this change is now in and the image is built, please pull down the latest image, to define the default version of java please create a Key with the name JAVA_VERSION and set the value to be either 8, 11, or 16, if you are unsure how to create env vars using unraid then take a look at Q8:- https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

 

So we put 16 even for 17? (see above)
Also how about the path in the server config? Revert it to simple "java"?

In new installs maybe you should default that key to 16 as most people will try and use MC 0.17.1 and above.

 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, NLS said:

So we put 16 even for 17? (see above)

im not 100% clear on the question, but i think what you are asking is do you set JAVA_VERSION to 16 for Minecraft verison 1.17+?, if that is the question then the answer is yes, im slightly confused as there is a version 17 of java (not included in the image at present) as well, just to make things more confusing :-).

 

4 minutes ago, NLS said:

Also how about the path in the server config? Revert it to simple "java"?

that does depend on how crafty interprets the default java, but yes i would ASSUME that you could get away with simply java for minecraft servers that run verison 1.17+, obviously if you run a mix  of minecraft 1.16 and 1.17 then for 1.16 you will need to define the full path to java 8.

 

4 minutes ago, NLS said:

In new installs maybe you should default that key to 16 as most people will try and use MC 0.17.1 and above.

thats how i set it :-).

Link to comment

My crafty container updated last night and now my container won't start. 

 

2021-09-24 07:41:00.043285 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-09-24 07:41:00.080727 [info] JAVA_VERSION defined as '16'
'/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk' is not a valid Java environment path

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, lJakel said:

My crafty container updated last night and now my container won't start. 

 

2021-09-24 07:41:00.043285 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2021-09-24 07:41:00.080727 [info] JAVA_VERSION defined as '16'
'/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk' is not a valid Java environment path

i see the issue, its an upstream change to java 17 *sigh*, ok working on a fix...

Link to comment

For posterity, I specified a version of Crafty to roll back to until our fantastic docker author Binhex sorts us out!

Edit the docker

change Repository to "binhex/arch-crafty:03472bf5464197ca800a0b8afaffcc7b5dfa9594-02"

    (I selected version "03472bf5464197ca800a0b8afaffcc7b5dfa9594-02" which was pushed around 5/2021)

removed the JAVA_VERSION Key I added from binhex post

Applied to docker

badda-bing, back up and running for now.

 

 

 

bibliography

FAQ "how to I roll back to a specific version?" https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/unraid.md

available versions https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-crafty/tags

crafty rollback.png

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, dkerlee said:

For posterity, I specified a version of Crafty to roll back to until our fantastic docker author Binhex sorts us out!

Edit the docker

change Repository to "binhex/arch-crafty:03472bf5464197ca800a0b8afaffcc7b5dfa9594-02"

    (I selected version "03472bf5464197ca800a0b8afaffcc7b5dfa9594-02" which was pushed around 5/2021)

removed the JAVA_VERSION Key I added from binhex post

Applied to docker

badda-bing, back up and running for now.

thanks for detailing that, its actually now fixed up so you can switch back to 'latest' tag :-), please ensure you do a 'force update' after switching tag, otherwise you will just switch back to the broken image.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
No, with "17" I meant java 17, not MC 1.17.
So can we define "17" now in the variable?
Not at present, no valid versions are 8, 11 and 16, I think what I may have to do going forward is change the valid values to 8, 11, and 'latest', this prevents later versions of Java causing issue.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, NLS said:

I'll wait for that update then :) thanks.

 

switching from JAVA_VERSION with value 16 to value latest will not guarantee a later version, it will just be the latest version at that time, and right now from arch linux (base os) that is version 16, so you might be waiting some time (month or two) if you need version 17.

 

Can i ask what is the requirement for version 17?.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, binhex said:

thanks for detailing that, its actually now fixed up so you can switch back to 'latest' tag :-), please ensure you do a 'force update' after switching tag, otherwise you will just switch back to the broken image.

I tried starting my modded server back up using :latest and the debug.log says this. It doesn't progress any further. I have to shutdown the container to do anything.

 

[24Sept2021 10:39:38.440] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.4, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[24Sept2021 10:39:38.445] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.2 by N/A
[24Sept2021 10:39:38.462] [main/DEBUG] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler/MODLAUNCHER]: Found launch services [minecraft,testharness,fmlclient,fmlserver]

 

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, lJakel said:

I tried starting my modded server back up using :latest and the debug.log says this. It doesn't progress any further. I have to shutdown the container to do anything.

 

[24Sept2021 10:39:38.440] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher running: args [--gameDir, ., --launchTarget, fmlserver, --fml.forgeVersion, 36.2.4, --fml.mcpVersion, 20210115.111550, --fml.mcVersion, 1.16.5, --fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, nogui]
[24Sept2021 10:39:38.445] [main/INFO] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.Launcher/MODLAUNCHER]: ModLauncher 8.0.9+86+master.3cf110c starting: java version 16.0.2 by N/A
[24Sept2021 10:39:38.462] [main/DEBUG] [cpw.mods.modlauncher.LaunchServiceHandler/MODLAUNCHER]: Found launch services [minecraft,testharness,fmlclient,fmlserver]

 

what version of java does your modded server need?

Link to comment

I am a little confused on this, as when I updated the image initially after @binhex did the first update, the only versions of Java that were included on the container were the following:

sh-5.1# ls
default  default-runtime  java-11-openjdk  java-17-openjdk  java-8-openjdk

So I am not understanding why there is a variable for 16 if that is no longer there?

Link to comment

got it working, but I still have an odd path for the launch string:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar /config/crafty/servers/olerobin//config/crafty/servers/paper-1.17.1-262.jar nogui

 

When doing this, the server jar will create world files in places that depend on where you run it from. It was easy for me to get turned around back-ass-wards so my server.jar doesn't pick up the previous world files that I want it to. It's working now, so I'll leave it alone!

 

=======================================================

For posterity the old post:

I'm trying (again) to get this puppy going. I'm having issues with file paths. I have several servers that are running inside Crafty Controller Docker.

 

This world I want to get going is called "goats" and is a 1.17 world

Server name: goats

Server Path: /config/crafty/servers/goats

Server Jar: ../paper-1.17.1-257.jar

Java Path: /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

 

I want the world files to be in

/config/crafty/servers/goats/region/XXXXXXX.mca

 

But this one creates /config/crafty/servers/goats/goats/region/XX.mca's

 

Also: the server.properties, I'd like that to be in a subfolder, /config/crafty/servers/goats, rather than /config/crafty/servers

 

One other odd problem I'm having: when I go to the Server Config, on the right block, it says "The server will be launched using this string:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar /config/crafty/servers/goats/../paper-1.17.1-257.jar nogui"

When I hit Run, on the previous page, it doesn't do anything, just hangs there. But when I run the Terminal from the Docker, I can paste in the long command, and it works great.

 

I think this has to do with my lack of understanding the paths here.

 

thanks in advance!

 

settings.png.da8cb8df7927b3594b4bec71d8bdf713.png

Link to comment
5 hours ago, dkerlee said:

This world I want to get going is called "goats" and is a 1.17 world

Server name: goats

Server Path: /config/crafty/servers/goats

Server Jar: ../paper-1.17.1-257.jar

Java Path: /usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java

 

I want the world files to be in

/config/crafty/servers/goats/region/XXXXXXX.mca

 

But this one creates /config/crafty/servers/goats/goats/region/XX.mca's

ok in that case set SERVER JAR to 'paper-1.17.1-257.jar' (no double period) and set the Server Path to '/config/crafty/servers' (no goats required in the path as it appends that to the path from the Server name i assume). if te jar file is not located in '/config/crafty/servers/goats' and is down a directory (assume this is the reason for the double period) then you will need to copy the jar to the same location as the server name.

 

5 hours ago, dkerlee said:

One other odd problem I'm having: when I go to the Server Config, on the right block, it says "The server will be launched using this string:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-16-openjdk/bin/java -Xms1024M -Xmx2048M -jar /config/crafty/servers/goats/../paper-1.17.1-257.jar nogui"

yep thats cos you had the double period for the Server Jar, remote it and the path should look correct.

 

so in short, the path to the jar file must be 'Server Path'+'Server Name'+'Server Jar' and right now for you that equals:-  '/config/crafty/servers/goats/goats/../paper-1.17.1-257.jar' which is not a valid path.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 3 weeks later...

OK this is weird.

 

I don't know exactly when (and definitely not how or why), because we haven't used crafty server for a few days (but kept it running), but Crafty GUI is dead. No go. Connection refused. Locally and using the IP (not a DNS issue).

Crafty itself seems to work (I restarted the container and the world I autostart, works fine), but I have no administration UI and I cannot do any work on the server.

I haven't changed a thing in unRAID or Crafty (I do keep everything updated).

 

Any ideas?

 

EDIT: ...aaaaand I fixed it. Although I still don't understand what happened.

 

I switched from bridge to host networking.

This made the GUI return.

I noticed the GUI used 8000 port instead of 8008 I used to use in the bridge (it bridged 8008 to/from 8000 IIRC).

 

Then I switched back to bridge... and it works too! I noticed that now the bridge bridges 8008 to/from 8008... I am not sure why this change (I haven't touched the ports), but now it works.

 

Still... any ideas? Because this looks very weird. :D

 

 

Edited by NLS
Link to comment
On 10/13/2021 at 11:19 PM, NLS said:

Then I switched back to bridge... and it works too! I noticed that now the bridge bridges 8008 to/from 8008... I am not sure why this change (I haven't touched the ports), but now it works.

i cant explain why your ports are switching around but port 8008 is NOT the default port for this container, its set to 8000 out of the box, and altering the container side port should never be done (one exception is qbittorrent), i can only assume you changed the port from 8000 to 8008 at some point due to a port clash with another container.

 

proof link:- https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/blob/d63dfd036d1694a0f2a20983db10ba18409db4ca/binhex/crafty.xml#L29-L31

Link to comment
On 10/15/2021 at 12:43 PM, binhex said:

i cant explain why your ports are switching around but port 8008 is NOT the default port for this container, its set to 8000 out of the box, and altering the container side port should never be done (one exception is qbittorrent), i can only assume you changed the port from 8000 to 8008 at some point due to a port clash with another container.

 

proof link:- https://github.com/binhex/docker-templates/blob/d63dfd036d1694a0f2a20983db10ba18409db4ca/binhex/crafty.xml#L29-L31


Possibly.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hoping I could get a little help moving the backup to a drive that isn't my appdata drive to one on my array. 

 

I am not great at all this stuff, so if I have it wrong can explain to me like I am 5 that would be wonderful.  I think this is what I need to do.

 

Edit my crafty container and add a new path called Backups.  On this new path set Container Path and Host Path to to /mnt/user/Minecraft/Backups (This share/directory does exist).

 

Then in the Crafty Controller dashboard set "Where to Save Backups" to /mnt/user/Minecraft/Backups (This is the part I am most unsure about, not sure if that is the correct path to use or?

 

Do I have that right?  Hopefully I am at least close.  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

 

 

Edited by Moe
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Moe said:

Do I have that right?  Hopefully I am at least close.

you do have it right, the only comment is you do not need to mirror the path on the container side, so you can simply set the path to say '/backups' on the container side, it doest need to match the host path, but it can do if you like.

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, binhex said:

you do have it right, the only comment is you do not need to mirror the path on the container side, so you can simply set the path to say '/backups' on the container side, it doest need to match the host path, but it can do if you like.

 

Great, thank you for confirming.

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

In preparation for Minecraft 1.18 I have bumped up the version of Java from 16 to 17 in the latest image. My understanding is that the current release 1.17 should work fine with Java 17, if you find this is not the case then please let me know

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.