Newbie in unraid, will my planned build work?

lams_007

Hi, I am thinking in building an UNRAID machine instead of having 3 separate machines the 3 machines in one will have to do the next things

1.       Working, Gaming machine with a VM of windows (mine)

2.       Gaming Machine with a windows VM (wife)

3.       NAS, Plex Server, torrenting and a GIT server, always running

I want to know if with UNRAID I can do this basically when I am not working, I am gaming, and my wife will game mostly at the same time but not always I play games more than my wife.

What I am thinking for my hardware is

·         CPU: Ryzen 5900x or 5950x:  I am thinking in the 5900x since here in Mexico it is like 600USD approximately and the 5950x is 1000USD approximately

·         Motherboard: something based on the X570 chipset I was thinking in a ASrock Taichi or ASUS Rog Crosshair or PRIME X570 Pro

·         2 RTX3070: I currently own 1 ASUS TUF RTX3070 and another Gigabyte Gaming RTX3070

·         64GB of RAM memory (I currently have 2x16 of corsair dominator so I will buy another 32 GB)

·         1200w+ Power supply titanium or platinum

·         SSD Storage: 3X 1TB NVME drives, 1x2TBNVME drives  (2 of the 1tb are for the windows VM , and the 2 tb one is for data drive for my working machine, 3 one tb drive is for cache)

·         HDD Storage: 5 X 16TB Iron wolf NAS I will use 4 for data and 1 for parity (I currently own them)

·         CPU Cooler: Hydro Series H100x (I currently own them)

·         Case: Corsair Graphite 780T (I currently own this)

So, my configuration will be the next

·         Machine 1: will be used for working and gaming the monitors could be directly attached to the system I will pass through 1 of the RTX3070. One of my monitors supports 144hz. Is a VM inside UNRAID able to use this 144 hz while gaming?

·         Machine 2: Gaming I will initialize this VM over the local network @ 1Gbps on a RPI and also pass on RTX3070 will the latency be good enough for 60 fps gaming?

·         UNRAID system: With media server, NAS, Torrent and a git server.

My doubts are the next ones

Will the VM be able to handle 144hz with the monitors directly attached to it?

Can the VM handle more than 1 monitor?

Since I will be using the VM over the network will this be able to handle 60FPS? Will this be able to pass the graphics card? Or do the monitors need to be attached directly?

I will try to leave 24Gb of ram for each VM leaving just 16GB for UNRAID I think this will be more than enough?

Will the Ryzen 5900x will be enough for each VM leaving it with 6 cores or will it be better to buy the 5950X and use 8 in each VM?

Since we play with friends, we generally use microphones for talking while playing, do you recommend using a USB microphone and pass it through each VM? In my current machine I use shure MV5 and connect the headphones there. It works like a charm but I don’t know if it will work using VM?

I have not checked if I have enough PCI lanes for graphics card + NVME storage but I could change some NVME storage to SATA SSD.

Please let me know if this build looks like it is going to work or fail, I don’t want to spend the cash and then finding out it does not work as intended.