[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

So I'm now on day 3 of trying to sync.  I'm up to 226915 out of 358917 but was at around 200000 12 hours ago. My connections show a bunch of 0 or 0.1 down connections and only one which is more at 8.9. At this rate it may take a week or more to sync.

I have fiber 500 speeds.  I've tried adding other connections via the top tab such as INTRODUCER introducer-va.chia.net as per faq but they aren't giving me anything.  Port 8444 is forwarded on my router.

Is there a way to delete IPS in the list on the network page that are sitting at zero so maybe it will fill up with others that actually work? 

Edited by Ystebad

I am finally synced! lol

After clearing app-data and restarting the whole process it took it about 2 days to sync and it is now up to date.

It was interesting seeing the network space grow over time, it went parabolic this month.

Wonder what it will level off at? 100Eib? 200?

Edited by TexasUnraid
2 hours ago, Ystebad said:

So I'm now on day 3 of trying to sync.  I'm up to 226915 out of 358917 but was at around 200000 12 hours ago. My connections show a bunch of 0 or 0.1 down connections and only one which is more at 8.9. At this rate it may take a week or more to sync.

Sorry to hear that.  Are the connections in your list anywhere nearby geographically?  Copy the IPs you see into a tool like iplocation.net to check.

Is there a way to delete IPS in the list on the network page that are sitting at zero so maybe it will fill up with others that actually work? 

While the Machinaris WebUI offers an Add Connection button, I didn't implement a Remove Connection action.  You can do it from the Console though.  In Unraid, click on Docker tab, then select Machinaris and choose Console to get an in-container shell.  Once there, type:

chia show --remove-connection IP_ADDR:PORT

replacing the IP address and port of the connection you wish to remove.  Hope this helps!

Edited by guy.davis
code format

Regarding "tmpdir_stagger_phase_limit", I have it set to '3', but I currently have 5 phase 1 plots running. I thought this was working before, could something have changed in .3?

I *do* have 2 temp plotting directories, so is it possible that it is now applying the limit per temp directory rather than globally (which I assume should be the expected behaviour since the CPU is shared between all plotting jobs).

52 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Regarding "tmpdir_stagger_phase_limit", I have it set to '3', but I currently have 5 phase 1 plots running. I thought this was working before, could something have changed in .3?

I *do* have 2 temp plotting directories, so is it possible that it is now applying the limit per temp directory rather than globally (which I assume should be the expected behaviour since the CPU is shared between all plotting jobs).

Yes, I read the "tmpdir_stagger_phase_limit" value to apply to each temp directory separately.  In your case, that would allow a total of 6 jobs in phases before phase 2.1 (as you're '3' limit x 2 temp dirs), subject to the 'tmpdir_max_jobs' and 'global_max_jobs' limits you set.  For additional insight, check out the Plotman project site.

Edited by guy.davis
42 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, I read the "tmpdir_stagger_phase_limit" value to apply to each temp directory separately.  In your case, that would allow a total of 6 jobs in phases before phase 2.1 (as you're '3' limit x 2 temp dirs), subject to the 'tmpdir_max_jobs' and 'global_max_jobs' limits you set.  For additional insight, check out the Plotman project site.

Ahhh. OK. I will adjust accordingly :). That said, I thought that tmpdir_stagger_phase_limit is more about number of CPU threads being consumed (more in 1st phase), so wouldn't make more sense to limit this on a global level, rather than per drive? Or if it is an issue for both threads used and disk IO, maybe make it configurable per drive then? Then the user can control how many total threads as well as how many per drive...

Hi @guy.davis,

i am overwelmed what you did with Machinaris and i love especially the last update which truely enhances the farming/plotting experience.

I updated yesterday to 3.0 and stumbled upon the issue that i constantly get alerts that the harvester seems to be offline, but to my view everything is up and running. Secondly i dont see current challenges, only some old ones from may 24.

I already changed the log level from info to debug in config.yaml for the chiadog. but i dont get a clue.

could it be that there is an access problem only for chiadog resulting in accessing logfiles from plotting//farming?

Any good approaches where to start and look for?

Regards

38 minutes ago, TheNotoriousFlow said:

I updated yesterday to 3.0 and stumbled upon the issue that i constantly get alerts that the harvester seems to be offline, but to my view everything is up and running. Secondly i dont see current challenges, only some old ones from may 24.

I already changed the log level from info to debug in config.yaml for the chiadog. but i dont get a clue.

could it be that there is an access problem only for chiadog resulting in accessing logfiles from plotting//farming?

Thanks, glad you find it useful.  Definitely, let's check the logs:

1. Ensure that /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/mainnet/log/debug.log (on Unraid host) is there and growing every few seconds.  Check that Settings | Farming page -> config.yaml has these default values: "logging->log_filename" = 'log/debug.log' AND "logging->log_stdout" = false and "logging->log_level" = INFO.  If you need to change these settings, restart Machinaris container but either wait for or kill running plot jobs first.
  2. If Chia's debug.log is there and printing out INFO log lines, then Chiadog should be configured to monitor it.  Check Settings | Alerts page -> config.yaml has these default values: "chia_logs -> file_log_consumer -> file_path" = '~/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log'.  Also verify "notifier -> script -> script_path" =  '/root/.chia/chiadog/notifier.sh' and "notifier -> script -> enabled" = true.

Given you're not seeing challenges on the Summary page, I suspect the problem is #1 above.  Once debug.log is growing, things should work better for you.  Let us know!

Edited by guy.davis

@guy.davis Thanks so much, Awesome docker, works beautifully with my Unraid.

I set it up Yesterday, no issue. 

After sync was completed, it starts farming, showing Active status along with all other stats on the Summary tab.

The only data i'm still missing is within `Farming` tab.

It does say correctly number of plots discovered, but does not display any details in table below.

Forgot to mention, I migrated all config from official Chia docker including keys as well.

I just created 4 plots with your docker plotman and other 103 plots were imported from official chia, which I guess shouldn't be an issue. However new plots were NOT loaded or discovered until I restart docker. I updated plotting and farming config with proper temp dirs and dir for completed plots  

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.52.30 PM.png

Edited by Andrew255
extra info

Now that it is synced, got a strange issue. I signed up for the 100 free mojo so I would be able to join a pool. In the main chia program it shows this in my wallet.

In the docker though it shows 0?

Fingerprint matches.

The really strange part is I could of sworn that it shows the 100 mojo when I checked it earlier?

MANY THX FOR YOUR QUICKSUPPORT.

with your help i managed to solved issue #1 with the missing challenges. From the original chia docker i was used to set log_stdout to true for the unraid docker log function to work. this was set now to false again -> restarted docker and the challenges arrived! Very nice.

But i am still struggeling with Chiadog, still showing   " Your harvester appears to be offline! No events for the past XXX seconds. ".

I checked the following settings, see below:

chia_logs:
  file_log_consumer:
    enable: true
    file_path: '~/.chia/mainnet/log/debug.log'

and

script:
    # DON'T CHANGE THIS SCRIPT NOTIFIER, IT'S USED BY MACHINARIS!
    enable: true
    daily_stats: true
    wallet_events: true
    script_path: '/root/.chia/chiadog/notifier.sh'

I already received notifications via Telegram, but the daily summary also shows as follows:

Hello farmer! 👋 Here's what happened in the last 24 hours: Received ☘️: 0 XCH Proofs 🧾: None Search 🔍: - average: 0.00s over 0 searches - over 5s: 0 occasions (0.0%) - over 15s: 0 occasions (0.0%) Plots 🌱: 0 Eligible plots 🥇: None Skipped SPs ⚠️: Unknown

Seems like chia dog doesnt read the debug...

Regards!

25 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Now that it is synced, got a strange issue. I signed up for the 100 free mojo so I would be able to join a pool. In the main chia program it shows this in my wallet. In the docker though it shows 0? Fingerprint matches. The really strange part is I could of sworn that it shows the 100 mojo when I checked it earlier?

Hi, glad to hear you got the blockchain synced.  (Network | Blockchain page).  Does your Wallet page show the Wallet is also synced to the current date?  If the wallet is not synced, this may be why you don't see the mojos yet.

Also the Wallet page should show your mojos (mine does). The Summary page is definitely rounding .0 so not showing mojos.

Glad to hear you got the debug.log flowing.  Give Chiadog 24 hours to monitor debug.log now that it's logging again.  Should see at least the daily summary with some useful values.  For context, I'm including the top of my Chiadog log from when it starts up.  To view, click the View Log button on top-right of Alerts page.  Your log should start similarly.  Hope this helps!

20210531_143945.png

Edited by guy.davis
2 hours ago, Andrew255 said:

@guy.davis Thanks so much, Awesome docker, works beautifully with my Unraid.

I set it up Yesterday, no issue. 

After sync was completed, it starts farming, showing Active status along with all other stats on the Summary tab.

The only data i'm still missing is within `Farming` tab.

It does say correctly number of plots discovered, but does not display any details in table below.

Forgot to mention, I migrated all config from official Chia docker including keys as well.

I just created 4 plots with your docker plotman and other 103 plots were imported from official chia, which I guess shouldn't be an issue. However new plots were NOT loaded or discovered until I restart docker. I updated plotting and farming config with proper temp dirs and dir for completed plots  

Screen Shot 2021-05-31 at 3.52.30 PM.png

Hi, glad you like it!  So the summary line is the output of "chia farm summary" and that looks good. You're farming.

The table rows are a listing of all the plots found at the in-container paths of the "plots_dir" env variable.  Did you mount multiple plots volumes?  If so, be sure to update "plots_dir" from its default of one at "/plots".  See the FAQ, but remember a change to Machinaris docker config in Unraid, will result in a restart of container, killing plotting, so just schedule it when you're ready.  Hope this helps.

18 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, glad to hear you got the blockchain synced.  (Network | Blockchain page).  Does your Wallet page show the Wallet is also synced to the current date?  If the wallet is not synced, this may be why you don't see the mojos yet.

Also the Wallet page should show your mojos (mine does). The Summary page is definitely rounding .0 so not showing mojos.

I thought I'd check my wallet status after reading this and see that it's not synced. Any suggestions on how to get the wallet to sync up? 

EDIT: Never mind as it has synced up on its own now.

Edited by insomniak
12 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Glad to hear you got the debug.log flowing.  Give Chiadog 24 hours to monitor debug.log now that it's logging again.  Should see at least the daily summary with some useful values.  For context, I'm including the top of my Chiadog log from when it starts up.  To view, click the View Log button on top-right of Alerts page.  Your log should start similarly.  Hope this helps!

20210531_143945.png

Hi again,

you were totally right. after 5-6h the messages about the harvester dissappeared and the chiadog is working correctly now. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

Keep up the good work!

Regards from Austria

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, glad you like it!  So the summary line is the output of "chia farm summary" and that looks good. You're farming.

The table rows are a listing of all the plots found at the in-container paths of the "plots_dir" env variable.  Did you mount multiple plots volumes?  If so, be sure to update "plots_dir" from its default of one at "/plots".  See the FAQ, but remember a change to Machinaris docker config in Unraid, will result in a restart of container, killing plotting, so just schedule it when you're ready.  Hope this helps.

Thank you for quick reply,

I mounted single share for completed plots. 

I believe that would be it, I'll pass my `plots_dir` env variable "/plots/completed_plots" and will reload once plotting cycle completed.

I'll post here if it would fix it. Pretty sure it should.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Andrew255 said:

Thank you for quick reply,

I mounted single share for completed plots. 

I believe that would be it, I'll pass my `plots_dir` env variable "/plots/completed_plots" and will reload once plotting cycle completed.

I'll post here if it would fix it. Pretty sure it should.

@guy.davis I can confirm after updating "plots_dir" env all completed plots are successfully loaded within `Farming` tab. Everything is working as expected. Really neatly done product. Thanks again 

• Like 1

Hi,

I installed Machinaris on my Synology NAS.

Everything worked fine, but after a while can't reach the webUI. 

Always respond

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

In the Docker container I checked Machinaris via CLI. It seems everything is OK. now chia is syncing. 

Earlier I restarted Machinaris, the results was the same. -> no webUI

How can I get back the webUI control?

Regards

Edited by laposelemer
5 hours ago, Spazhead said:

quick question, do i uninstall Chia and then install and run this instead?  

in other words, I don't run Chia and Machinaris at the same time?

Welcome! Yes, you only want one Chia "fullnode" on your household LAN at a time so you'll need to change your port-forward tcp/8444 at your router to the Machinaris container from the Chia container.  Don't the delete the 'Chia' Docker yet, just leave it stopped while you're trying Machinaris' Docker.

Machinaris contains the same Chia binaries as the Chia docker image, but adds a plot manager, log monitor, and a WebUI.  Details on migrating can be found on the wiki.  

Edited by guy.davis
44 minutes ago, laposelemer said:

I installed Machinaris on my Synology NAS.

Everything worked fine, but after a while can't reach the webUI. 

Always respond

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application."

In the Docker container I checked Machinaris via CLI. It seems everything is OK. now chia is syncing.   

Hi there!  Sorry to hear you're having this issue.  Please check that both of these commands from the Unraid Docker Console window for Machinaris (in-container) show no errors:

chia farm summary
plotman status

They might have a clue as to the problem. Also, please check the logs, as they may be helpful.  Write back with your findings and we'll get it sorted out.  You could attach logs to a Github issue if that's easier.  Thanks!

Edited by guy.davis

This is a fantastic docker, thank you for making it.

I'm having a slight issue, my summary page is seeing all 407 plots, but my farming page is only showing the 115 plots in /plots. I added the new plot locations (/plotscf1 etc) to plotman.yaml and config.yaml.

The logs don't have any errors in them so I'm not sure what info to provide. Here's a picture of my docker settings:

Spoiler

wkaeyFG.png

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

This is a fantastic docker, thank you for making it. I'm having a slight issue, my summary page is seeing all 407 plots, but my farming page is only showing the 115 plots in /plots. I added the new plot locations (/plotscf1 etc) to plotman.yaml and config.yaml.

Welcome!  I'm glad Machinaris is working well for you.  To see the full listing on your Farming page, be sure to set a Variable in the Machinaris docker config named 'plots_dir' which is a colon-separated list of all your in-container plots paths.  Please note that editing the Machinaris docker in Unraid will cause the container to restart so wait until you are taking a pause from plotting in-container before you change it.  Details on the wiki.  Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2