[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

4 hours ago, Ystebad said:

Is there any way to incorporate this docker with hpool mining?  At this point it looks hopeless for someone with my amount of plots to solo mine and the devs have delayed formal pools beyond what I'm willing to wait.  

Good question.  I've been following the pooling debate and totally understand the renewed interest in hpool.  As a software developer myself, I was very skeptical of all promised delivery dates the main dev team offered for pooling last month.  Now it seems there is no promised date at all.

I have not tried hpool myself, but my understanding is that they use a custom client.  As such, I don't think there is any opportunity for integration between hpool and Machinaris.  (Correct me if I'm wrong though).  I'd be sorry to see users leave Machinaris, but I completely understand the current choice between holding lottery tickets (standard Chia today) and getting small, regular payouts (hpool today).  

That said, eventually the main dev team will deliver on official pooling (weeks/months?).  When that happens I expect many new users for Machinaris as many look to re-plot with pool-portable plots.  My goal is to continue building a solid WebUI that is appealing to all users when that happens.  

Edited by guy.davis

Good day! The next version of Machinaris now available: v0.3.1.  Thanks to all those who created Github pull requests with enhancements and logged Github issues after running the test version.

Changes:

• After testing showed between 15% to 30% speedup on plotting, adopting Chiapos multithreaded library.
  • Thanks to `hereisderek` for a great PR containing better rsync support, SSH key import, and optional auto-plot on container restart.
  • Include `paho-mqtt` library to support Chiadog alerts via MQTT by default.

Get your update by pulling docker image: ghcr.io/guydavis/machinaris

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1

Thought I report a little anomaly I just experienced, when I updated the latest docker, on startup, my databases showed not in sync anymore, like back to March when Mainnet launched date. Looking at the file sizes of the DB files they were still 4gb, so the data wasn't lost, but for some reason the docker went back in time and was trying to sync from scratch.

I restarted the docker same results, luckily I manage multiple docker instances so I copied the db folder from my other instance over and got things happy again.  My other 4 instances all upgraded without issues.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jaj08 said:

Thought I report a little anomaly I just experienced, when I updated the latest docker, on startup, my databases showed not in sync anymore, like back to March when Mainnet launched date. Looking at the file sizes of the DB files they were still 4gb, so the data wasn't lost, but for some reason the docker went back in time and was trying to sync from scratch.

I restarted the docker same results, luckily I manage multiple docker instances so I copied the db folder from my other instance over and got things happy again.  My other 4 instances all upgraded without issues.

I experienced a similar issue on my Windows box and diagnosed it as CHIA-3417.  https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/issues/3417

I followed all of the various approaches mentioned in this article, including the detailed one at the end utilizing taskkill and TCPview, but in the end I was only able to get things again working by completely nuking all chia files (including both /username/.chia/ and /username/appdata/local/chia-blockchain/) except for my config.yaml, then reinstalling.

I would be extremely curious if we can find evidence suggesting that this is the same case on the docker, but I can't see that as my full node is on Windows.

Edited by ixit
clarification "then reinstalling"

Have a question about the tmp2 directory in the plotman.yaml file.  Should that be left as the actual path to the folder or do I need to set up a new path in the docker itself, or a combination of the two?

Setup:
Cache - 1TB Nvme
Chia - 2TB Nvme (/plotting) - set up in Docker

Chiatwo - 2TB Nvme (/plotting2) 

Reason I ask is because I tried it with no added docker path (in yaml I put tmp2: /mnt/chiatwo/plotting2), and I started getting the error of docker img full, with nothing happening on Chiatwo in Phase 3.  When I tried to add a path to the docker called tmp2 and applied, it threw an "Invalid Mount Path" error and nuked the entire Machinaris docker, as in it disappeared entirely from Unraid.  Upon reinstalling it just plain wouldn't load, solution was to delete the entire folder from appdata and reinstall again.

FYI using in plotter mode only.  Thanks for any replies!

1 hour ago, cjizzle said:

Have a question about the tmp2 directory in the plotman.yaml file.  Should that be left as the actual path to the folder or do I need to set up a new path in the docker itself, or a combination of the two?

Hello!  Yes, you'll want to mount a host OS path into the Machinaris container to use for your plotman's tmp2 space.  For example:

-v '/path/to/temp2':'/plotting2':'rw'

This mounts /path/to/temp2 on Host, into the container at /plotting2, so Plotman config uses the in-container path.  

48 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

-v '/path/to/temp2':'/plotting2':'rw'

This mounts /path/to/temp2 on Host, into the container at /plotting2, so Plotman config uses the in-container path.  

Sorry for being such a noob, but not sure how to input the above script into the container gui. Could you please verify this is correct?

Click Edit, then Add another Path... 
Config Type: Path
Name: plotting2
Container Path: /plotting2

Host Path: /mnt/chiatwo/plotting2

Default Value: (blank)

Access Mode: Read/Write
Description: (blank)

Then hit Add then Apply.  The container restarts.

Then in plotman.yaml change the value to tmp2: /plotting2

Does that all look correct?

Also, by chance is it possible to pause existing jobs, do the above changes, then still have them show up to resume after the restart?

Thanks again!

Edited by cjizzle

Hi hallo. first, love the docker. one...two questions, any plan on makeing transactions page? no, biggi just thought of it when my second question came up, front page, coin info wont update after i sent some coins, witch i did in cli hence my first question. something i need to change or should i report it as an bug? Also, guess this is Chiadog bug, but it gave me a Cha-ching in the logs after i did an transaction from my wallet too gate.io, what a bummer when no coin came and i saw it happend at the same time as i did my transaction, lol.

12 hours ago, cjizzle said:

Click Edit, then Add another Path... 
Config Type: Path
Name: plotting2
Container Path: /plotting2

Host Path: /mnt/chiatwo/plotting2

Default Value: (blank)

Access Mode: Read/Write
Description: (blank)

Then hit Add then Apply.  The container restarts.

Then in plotman.yaml change the value to tmp2: /plotting2

Does that all look correct?

Yup, that looks good.  Sorry, I should have provided the Unraid-specific details in my earlier response.  Mixed up my forums.

12 hours ago, cjizzle said:

Also, by chance is it possible to pause existing jobs, do the above changes, then still have them show up to resume after the restart?

Sorry, editing such settings in Unraid results in a restart of the Docker container, which is like restarting a VM. In that case, all processes within Machinaris are restarted.  Chia offers no way to restart a plot that completely terminates that I am aware of.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Malixk said:

Hi hallo. first, love the docker. one...two questions, any plan on makeing transactions page? no, biggi just thought of it when my second question came up

Hi! Interesting suggestion. Could be a good enhancement.  Please add an Issue request with all the details to Github.

front page, coin info wont update after i sent some coins, witch i did in cli hence my first question. something i need to change or should i report it as an bug?

What did the Wallet page show after you made this transaction?  These pages are cached for ~60 seconds to limit performance impact, so perhaps take a look after a minute.

Also, guess this is Chiadog bug, but it gave me a Cha-ching in the logs after i did an transaction from my wallet too gate.io, what a bummer when no coin came and i saw it happend at the same time as i did my transaction, lol.

Interesting one.  You may wish to open an Issue on the Chiadog Gitub.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

What did the Wallet page show after you made this transaction?  These pages are cached for ~60 seconds to limit performance impact, so perhaps take a look after a minute.

thanks for replying. the wallet page shows correct info and its synced, its been over 24hours,  have tried to restart the docker.

41 minutes ago, Malixk said:

thanks for replying. the wallet page shows correct info and its synced, its been over 24hours,  have tried to restart the docker.

That's interesting.  The Summary page is showing the output of "chia farm summary" and the Wallet page is showing the output of "chia wallet show". Please run those commands at the Machinaris Docker Console in Unraid.  Do they show the same discrepancy?  It sounds like, even with Chia binaries, the "farm summary" is lagging the "wallet show" for some reason.

Edited by guy.davis
11 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

That's interesting.  The Summary page is showing the output of "chia farm summary" and the Wallet page is showing the output of "chia wallet show". Please run those commands at the Machinaris Docker Console in Unraid.  Do they show the same discrepancy?  It sounds like, even with Chia binaries, the "farm summary" is lagging the "wallet show" for some reason.

aha i see. the summary shows total chia farmed, not the chia in the wallet. so thats why. thats also why that one mojo from the faucet was missing too. maybe add that text Total chia "farmed"? thanks.

I was thinking about how to use hpool for now and then easily swap over to real pools when they come online. I am thinking that setting up my server to do plotting like it will down the road is the best option and then simply move the plots to either another system or a VM with windows to farm them since I don't trust hpool on a real computer.

Is there a writeup explaining how to setup this container as a plotter/full node/farmer?

I would want to switch it to a plotter for now and then back to a full node / farmer later.

25 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

I was thinking about how to use hpool for now and then easily swap over to real pools when they come online. I am thinking that setting up my server to do plotting like it will down the road is the best option and then simply move the plots to either another system or a VM with windows to farm them since I don't trust hpool on a real computer.

Is there a writeup explaining how to setup this container as a plotter/full node/farmer?

I would want to switch it to a plotter for now and then back to a full node / farmer later.

Here is the relevant timestamp jump to the part about setting plotter mode in Machinaris for UNRAID so you can not double farm. I has a vlan and a trash laptop I put it all together on and run the client. Have checked firewall and seen no oddities.

https://youtu.be/Udv7ISyQn8s?t=1030

This is all you need to set, and run their miner, and you are good to go. Keep using the same keys/nmemonic setup you have been in Machinaris, it binds to your keys not the other way around.

Edited by jollymonsa

44 minutes ago, jollymonsa said:

Here is the relevant timestamp jump to the part about setting plotter mode in Machinaris for UNRAID so you can not double farm. I has a vlan and a trash laptop I put it all together on and run the client. Have checked firewall and seen no oddities.

https://youtu.be/Udv7ISyQn8s?t=1030

This is all you need to set, and run their miner, and you are good to go. Keep using the same keys/nmemonic setup you have been in Machinaris, it binds to your keys not the other way around.

Cool, that helped a lot. I will just swap it into plotting mode then and work from there.

I guess I need to input the farmer and pool keys when in plotting mode as the wallet it not synced for it to pull from?

I am getting a strange error when trying to update the plotman config though:

while parsing a block collection in "<unicode string>", line 29, column 17: - /plotting/1.5tb-1 ^ expected <block end>, but found '?' in "<unicode string>", line 45, column 17: "/plotting/1.5tb-1": ^

It seems to be complaining about my temp drive settings, I have a bunch of drives setup individually with different max job limits to correspond with their sizes and speeds but took out the extras to test.

tmp:
                - /plotting/1.5tb-1

# Optional: Allows overriding some characteristics of certain tmp
        # directories. This contains a map of tmp directory names to
        # attributes. If a tmp directory and attribute is not listed here,
        # it uses the default attribute setting from the main configuration.
        #
        # Currently support override parameters:
        #     - tmpdir_max_jobs
        #tmp_overrides:
                # In this example, /mnt/tmp/00 is larger than the other tmp
                # dirs and it can hold more plots than the default.
                #"/mnt/tmp/00":
                        #tmpdir_max_jobs: 5

"/plotting/1.5tb-1":
                           tmpdir_max_jobs: 3

Do I ignore the error?

Edited by TexasUnraid
5 minutes ago, TexasUnraid said:

Cool, that helped a lot. I will just swap it into plotting mode then and work from there.

I guess I need to input the farmer and pool keys when in plotting mode as the wallet it not synced for it to pull from?

I am getting a strange error when trying to update the plotman config though:

while parsing a block collection in "<unicode string>", line 29, column 17: - /plotting/1.5tb-1 ^ expected <block end>, but found '?' in "<unicode string>", line 45, column 17: "/plotting/1.5tb-1": ^

It seems to be complaining about my temp drive settings, I have a bunch of drives setup individually with different max job limits to correspond with their sizes and speeds but took out the extras to test.

tmp:
                - /plotting/1.5tb-1

# Optional: Allows overriding some characteristics of certain tmp
        # directories. This contains a map of tmp directory names to
        # attributes. If a tmp directory and attribute is not listed here,
        # it uses the default attribute setting from the main configuration.
        #
        # Currently support override parameters:
        #     - tmpdir_max_jobs
        #tmp_overrides:
                # In this example, /mnt/tmp/00 is larger than the other tmp
                # dirs and it can hold more plots than the default.
                #"/mnt/tmp/00":
                        #tmpdir_max_jobs: 5

"/plotting/1.5tb-1":
                           tmpdir_max_jobs: 3

Do I ignore the error?

The only change you should make to the Machinaris container is entering the mode: plotter variable and hitting apply. That will keep all the settings you had working prior. Did you have these settings you posted above working prior?

You shouldnt need to do anything other then verify that your settings (famer pk, pool pk, mnemonic.txt) all are exactly as they have been while you plotted prior. IF they are not, return them to those settings that are associated with the Hpool binding.

52 minutes ago, jollymonsa said:

The only change you should make to the Machinaris container is entering the mode: plotter variable and hitting apply. That will keep all the settings you had working prior. Did you have these settings you posted above working prior?

You shouldnt need to do anything other then verify that your settings (famer pk, pool pk, mnemonic.txt) all are exactly as they have been while you plotted prior. IF they are not, return them to those settings that are associated with the Hpool binding.

I have not used Machinaris yet, up to this point I was just testing plotting setups using the stock GUI. I have things somewhat dialed in now so ready to move to Machinaris to start "real" plotting.

So all the settings are new and there is surprisingly little documentation that I can find on the subjects as well.

Hi!

I run Machinaris in a Synology NAS Docker container.  The v. 0.3.0 synced but it was a pain ...

Is anybody knows how can I update Machinaris in this container without loosig sync data or move to another container?

My question maybe not related to this topic, but I hope someone can help.