[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

11 minutes ago, Ystebad said:

That looks really cool - would be awesome to stop burning NVME drives!  Here's hoping.

I just ran my first "full" test and was able to plot 6TB in 48 hours using nothing but old HDD's.

I do get what you are saying though, after I finish coping these plots off I plan to get that plotter a test myself. Heck if it only writes 25% of the writes to the SSD, I might even consider using some of my SSD's for it and a ramdrive for the rest.

• Like 1

Hi,

do in need to wait until i see plots which i can plot until the system is synced?

Or can i start before?

I see only an empt List in the Plots and the Log says "Your harvester appears to be offline! No events for the past 11128 seconds."

Ca you give me a hint here?

BTW: great Docker. Thanks so much 

***Edit***

Found out - just wanted to share my solution:

Looked in the plotman logs to find out whats wrong.
Installed Nano to view the logs in the docker container.

Then saw, that bitfield is not supported with my cpu.

Editet the plotman.yaml and put the variable e = true.

Also the paths to plotiing and plots was wrong - puttedt them to mnt/plots/ and mnt/plotting/ (and created that mountpoints)

Then restartet the plotman - and then some plots showed up.

M suggestion is to have the opportunity to see the errors in the logs directly in the ui to find it easier. Hope maybe that will help somebody else then myself

Edited by hanshanshans
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, HATEME said:

*Madmaxplotter releases*

Me: I don't need it...I don't need it..........I NEEEEEED IT!

LOL, it is the future, well until the cuda version is released.

I already have plots down to under 40 mins, using cheap sas HDD's as temp 1 no less. Doing some testing now to see if I can get it lower. I also ordered some more memory so I can plot entirely in ram ;-)

As it is, it doesn't eat SSD's nearly as bad, it is faster, simpler, easier and lowers the barrier for entry by not requiring lots of parallel plots/drives.

I am 100% on board. Just hope it can get a GUI setup like this docker, I really miss that.

Edited by TexasUnraid
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, TexasUnraid said:

LOL, it is the future, well until the cuda version is released.

I already have plots down to under 40 mins, using cheap sas HDD's as temp 1 no less. Doing some testing now to see if I can get it lower. I also ordered some more memory so I can plot entirely in ram ;-)

As it is, it doesn't eat SSD's nearly as bad, it is faster, simpler, easier and lowers the barrier for entry by not requiring lots of parallel plots/drives.

I am 100% on board. Just hope it can get a GUI setup like this docker, I really miss that.

As long as you have copious amounts of RAM...

58 minutes ago, flyize said:

As long as you have copious amounts of RAM...

It is still quite a bit faster for those plotting without a ramdisk as well from the testing I have seen. The ramdisk just allows you to take it to the next level.

It is much simpler since you only need to run a single plot at a time and no worries about parallel plotting.

Edited by TexasUnraid
  • Like 1

With my old parallel setup running 24-32 plots in parallel with a lot of tweaking to get stagger right and make sure all the drives had full bandwidth and basically a week or 2 of trial and error, I was doing about ~32 plots a day.

With madmax, using a ramdisk for temp2, I am getting 36 plots a day with the stock settings using 6x 10k sas drives. Just set it and forget it basically (I did switch from a bunch of individual drives to a raid array for higher speed naturally).

So a bit faster but WAY simpler and way less hardware demands as I only need a few drives to plot to instead of the ~26 drives I was using before.

Could use an NVME/SSD as well but I just can't bring myself to burn those up for no reason when these drives were way cheaper and should last a long longer (Got 2.8TB of 10k sas drives for $70, capable of 1.6gb/s speeds in raid0).

I have been thinking about getting more ram for awhile so I pulled the trigger on some more memory and going to try plotting entirely in ram when it comes in. Cheap ECC DDR3 FTW lol.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:39 PM, insomniak said:

I had updated the Auto Update Docker Plugin to exclude Machinaris and thought that covered it. My daily docker updates excluded it just fine. Then I realized after an appdata folder backup that the docker updated itself again and I lost 8 Parellel plots :/

In the Backup/Restore Appdata Plugin I realized there's an "Update Applications on Restart" selection which I had as "Yes". I'm thinking this then over rides the Auto Update Docker Plugin that I set to exclude Machinaris. 

I've set this to "No" now so I'll see if it fixes it on my next weekly Appdata backup. 

Just in case anybody else runs into this. 

So my weekly appdata backup ran and unfortunately Machinaris still got caught in it and the docker restarted. Selecting "No" on "Update Applications on Restart" within the Backup/Restore Appdata Plugin didn't seem to help.

Hello everyone. I am new to chia and had to the best of my knowledge set up a working instance of Machinaris. My issue is that the wallet that was working is no longer connecting. It states “connection error.  Check if wallet is running at 9256.”  I have checked google for anyone else having the issue but I haven’t been able to find a solution that works. Has anyone else had this issue and how did you go about working out a solution. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Jhnsnvn said:

Hello everyone. I am new to chia and had to the best of my knowledge set up a working instance of Machinaris. My issue is that the wallet that was working is no longer connecting. It states “connection error.  Check if wallet is running at 9256.”  

Good day! Please restart the Machinaris container, which will restart the Chia services within such as the wallet.

17 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Good day! Please restart the Machinaris container, which will restart the Chia services within such as the wallet.

Hello Guy, I have restarted the container many times. I have deleted and reinstalled it. Is there a particular setting that may need to be changed under Farming Settings? Under the settings for the wallet it does say that rpc-port is 9256. 

9 minutes ago, Jhnsnvn said:

Hello Guy, I have restarted the container many times. I have deleted and reinstalled it. Is there a particular setting that may need to be changed under Farming Settings? Under the settings for the wallet it does say that rpc-port is 9256. 

Hmm, could be a corrupted database then.  Since it sounds like you just started out, I would recommend a clean re-install.  Perform an Unraid uninstall of Machinaris.  Then "rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris", copy your mnemonic.txt file first if you want to preserve it.  Then clean Unraid install of Machinaris again.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, TexasUnraid said:

With my old parallel setup running 24-32 plots in parallel with a lot of tweaking to get stagger right and make sure all the drives had full bandwidth and basically a week or 2 of trial and error, I was doing about ~32 plots a day.

With madmax, using a ramdisk for temp2, I am getting 36 plots a day with the stock settings using 6x 10k sas drives. Just set it and forget it basically (I did switch from a bunch of individual drives to a raid array for higher speed naturally).

So a bit faster but WAY simpler and way less hardware demands as I only need a few drives to plot to instead of the ~26 drives I was using before.

Could use an NVME/SSD as well but I just can't bring myself to burn those up for no reason when these drives were way cheaper and should last a long longer (Got 2.8TB of 10k sas drives for $70, capable of 1.6gb/s speeds in raid0).

I have been thinking about getting more ram for awhile so I pulled the trigger on some more memory and going to try plotting entirely in ram when it comes in. Cheap ECC DDR3 FTW lol.

I tried madmax on all my dell servers (1 x R510 and 2 x R610) and i get the same error on all 3, some thread error, googled it and no match, so i gave up. maybe a dell thing.

tried in unraid and ubuntu.

Machinaris is the way to go in unraid, "set it and forget it"  

4 hours ago, Spazhead said:

I tried madmax on all my dell servers (1 x R510 and 2 x R610) and i get the same error on all 3, some thread error, googled it and no match, so i gave up. maybe a dell thing.

tried in unraid and ubuntu.

Machinaris is the way to go in unraid, "set it and forget it"  

Odd, I had no issues, did you compile it yourself?

On unraid, were you using a docker? Did you make the docker yourself or use the pre-made one? I had some issues with the pre-made docker not wanting to use all threads when I tried it so I spun up a simple ubuntu docker and compiled / ran madmaxx from there and worked good.

Yes, plotman is great, although it takes a fair amount of tweaking to optimize things is what I was getting at when parrelle plotting. With single plots there is not much to tweak.

Apparently they are going to be combining madmax into the official chia plotter at some point if the rumor I hear.

1 hour ago, Benji said:

Would you ever consider modifying this to work with the new Chia forks (Chaingreen and Flax)? Seems their folder and file structure and CLI are identical, only differences are the .exe name and the port.

Interesting, thanks for bringing them to my attention.  Please add an Issue on Github with your thoughts on how this might work.  I assume parallel installs in different root folders?  Then Machinaris container would have an environment variable that determines which folder gets placed on the path?  This would require full-compatibility at the CLI between these projects.   

OR were you thinking of somehow running more than one blockchain in parallel, farming the same plots to different blockchains?  Genuinely interested in how this might work.  Thanks!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Hmm, could be a corrupted database then.  Since it sounds like you just started out, I would recommend a clean re-install.  Perform an Unraid uninstall of Machinaris.  Then "rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris", copy your mnemonic.txt file first if you want to preserve it.  Then clean Unraid install of Machinaris again.

Hello again Guy. It appears that after doing the remove file command I was able to get a clean install running and the wallet so far is running correctly. Just want to say thank you for all your efforts to help this community thrive.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Interesting, thanks for bringing them to my attention.  Please add an Issue on Github with your thoughts on how this might work.  I assume parallel installs in different root folders?  Then Machinaris container would have an environment variable that determines which folder gets placed on the path?  This would require full-compatibility at the CLI between these projects.   

OR were you thinking of somehow running more than one blockchain in parallel, farming the same plots to different blockchains?  Genuinely interested in how this might work.  Thanks!

Currently, the forks all use Chia plots. You build the wallet from your Chia mnemonic and can use your key and plots on the other network. I currently have Chia (Machinaris), Chaingreen and Flax (Win10 GUIs) all farming the same plots.

I don't know a whole lot about dockers and how they work, so I can't comment much. That being said, I imagined just having 3 separate dockers, one for each blockchain.