[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

23 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, test version has manual configuration support for pooling.  However, I am working on a WebUI approach to joining a pool.  Not ready yet, even for testing.  Based on your concern above, I would recommend waiting for final release with the WebUI settings page for Pooling.

thanks, I had changed it to :test and make update. No risk no fun. All runing fine. :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ystebad said:

Apparently Chia version supporting pools is now officially released - Any idea on timeline for support?  I stopped my plotting so I've got a few hours before they ones remaining are done, so take your time 😁

Hi!  Over on the Discord, we've been building/testing pooling support in Machinaris for a week now.  Pull the latest test version to try it out.  Final release coming soon.

• Like 1

Good day! The next version of Machinaris now available: v0.5.0.

Thanks to all those who tested and provided feedback during the release cycle. All contributions are appreciated!

Changes:

• Support for official Chia pools. Chia and Madmax plotters can create portable plots.
  • Plotting and farming on the Flax Network. Enabled by default, but can be disabled.

NOTE: There is a known issue related to environment variables for Machinaris container in Unraid.  Please ensure you:

1. Expand the 'Advanced View' switch when editing Machinaris container settings on Unraid | Docker tab.
  2. Click the 'Show more settings' link to expand all settings.
  3. Verify that you do not have duplicates of env vars: plots_dir, blockchains, and auto_plot.  
  4. If you have duplicates, delete the one where the name is not equal to key, then restart Machinaris.

chia_pools_settings.png

• Thanks 1

Very nice that you added flax, any plans to add the other chia forks that are floating around as well? I would move to farming on Machinaris as well instead of just plotting if it did. As it is I am forced to use windows to farm so I can run all ~6 forks at this point.

Chia is not really profitable so figure I will see if one of the forks becomes valuable at some point.

Or since they all use the same basic interface, not sure if it is possible to create some kind of "universal config file" that can add other forks manually?

1 hour ago, Ystebad said:

I waited until Flax ledger was updated and I'm now fully synced, but alerts log is full of Flax harvester appears to be offline messages. Is there something special that I have to do further to farm my plots on the Flax chain?

Try restarting the Machinaris container, which forces both Chia and Flax debug.log files to INFO level from default WARN.  This is needed as Chiadog/Flaxdog require INFO level.  To check after:

tail -f /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/flax/mainnet/log/debug.log

Should see Flax chugging away hopefully.

I have two Machinaris instances, Both are separate plotters, but used only one for full node/harvester/storing plots on array. My full node has over 2000 old chia plots, my standalone docker on other machine has new pool plots saved. Haven't updated machinaris on old full node with 2000 plots, can machinaris farm the old plots at the same time as the new pool plots to a pool like spacepool or flexpool. Or will it just make me choose between old plots and pooling plots.

Can anyone explain this to me when trying to join a pool?

chia plotnft - log output
/chia-blockchain/venv/bin/chia plotnft create -y -u https://northamerica.ecochia.io -s pool --> Executed at: 20210710-093810
Exception from 'wallet' Incorrect version: 1, should be 1

3 hours ago, HATEME said:

I have two Machinaris instances, Both are separate plotters, but used only one for full node/harvester/storing plots on array. My full node has over 2000 old chia plots, my standalone docker on other machine has new pool plots saved. Haven't updated machinaris on old full node with 2000 plots, can machinaris farm the old plots at the same time as the new pool plots to a pool like spacepool or flexpool. Or will it just make me choose between old plots and pooling plots.

Yes, Machinaris bundles the Chia 1.2.0 binaries on Ubuntu in the container, so it will happily farm both solo and portable plots.  Just be sure to add all your final plots directories to the "plots_dir" variable, then restart Machinaris.

Edit: this assumes you used the same private key (mnemonic) for all systems.  If you have multiple private keys, things are a bit trickier, but still doable, probably more manual configuration.

Edited by guy.davis
3 hours ago, FadedSun said:

Can anyone explain this to me when trying to join a pool?

chia plotnft - log output
/chia-blockchain/venv/bin/chia plotnft create -y -u https://northamerica.ecochia.io -s pool --> Executed at: 20210710-093810
Exception from 'wallet' Incorrect version: 1, should be 1

Hi, please make sure your Chia wallet is showing as "Sync Status: Synced" (see the Wallets page).  Then see what type of Wallet you have at ID=1.  

image.png.d9158db2065a4c117c8e560e7e5cc5e6.png

The plotnft command above should create Wallet ID #2 for you, a pooling wallet.  However, Chia binaries are complaining about the original wallet (#1), a standard wallet. 

If problem persists, you may need to delete your the Chia portion of your Machinaris install and start over.   Stop Machinaris container, rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/mainnet, then start Machinaris again.  Hope this helps.

20 minutes ago, FadedSun said:

Interesting, a self pool created fine. A real pool still fails.selfpool.thumb.PNG.3a14ba2fc2a4b00f80bb1b1f825c648d.PNG

Yes, that's good. Now that you have created the NFT by choosing Self-pool.  Wait until the Chia wallet (not Flax) is showing like mine above.  My screenshot was of my Chia wallet (1 standard + 1 pool).   When you see Wallet ID 2 Pooling, then you can next choose: Connect to pool again. This should use your existing NFT and join to the pool. 

Edited by guy.davis

So on the Pools page I have an Payout instructions (pool will pay to this address): which is not my first wallet address. I assume this is the Wallet 2’s address but I cannot find this one anywhere. This key is just one I cannot find anywhere on my install.

Edited by rik3k
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, that's good. Now that you have created the NFT by choosing Self-pool.  Wait until the Chia wallet (not Flax) is showing like mine above.  My screenshot was of my Chia wallet (1 standard + 1 pool).   When you see Wallet ID 2 Pooling, then you can next choose: Connect to pool again. This should use your existing NFT and join to the pool. 

Yup my wallet is like yours on the self pool. Still fails to join the real pool, even after hours. Either there's something wrong with the plotnft command (it has a slightly different set of arguments than the self pool), or is it possible the url isn't working correctly right now?

Either way I'll just keep self mining until I figure this out. I'm generally pretty tech literate, but this Chia is streaching my knowledge a bit.

15 hours ago, FadedSun said:

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 Wallet IDs since the Machinaris update, one says chia, the other flax.

The both say Wallet ID 1, is this an issue?

Wallet.PNG.6d3cc794240a02df57090c9f031fddd4.PNG

Same to me. And from the last update, Alerts shows me only flax summary. Sounds to me like you should deactivate flax first

A little confused about disabling flax - I've created a variable with key of "blockchains" and value of "chia", but it stays running.

/edit

Ignore that - noticed that there was an existing variable that I just had to edit.

Still not 100% sure if my portable plots are actually compatible... They were obviously created without a pool PK, but seem to be passing filter just fine so I guess no harm in leaving it enabled...

Edited by Teaser

Can anyone else list plots in other folders on the farming page? I have the /plots as the main file but recently created a non-parity pool for more space and I don’t see them listed there. My total appears to be OK, and the plotter can write to the new location, but all I see are the /plots and nothing else.

28 minutes ago, rik3k said:

Can anyone else list plots in other folders on the farming page? I have the /plots as the main file but recently created a non-parity pool for more space and I don’t see them listed there. My total appears to be OK, and the plotter can write to the new location, but all I see are the /plots and nothing else.

Hi, see the Wiki and set 'plots_dir'.  That should help, watch out for duplicates of 'plots_dir' in Unraid's Edit window.

2 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, see the Wiki and set 'plots_dir'.  That should help, watch out for duplicates of 'plots_dir' in Unraid's Edit window.

thanks. I did look around and took note of the issue with duplicate variables. I have ‘plots_dir’ twice but when I run it, the command outputs to -e ‘/plots’=‘/plots:/plots2’. Somehow it’s dropping the _dir.

I still seem to have the issue but it’s not a big deal, I think it’s farming properly still.

1 hour ago, rik3k said:

thanks. I did look around and took note of the issue with duplicate variables. I have ‘plots_dir’ twice but when I run it, the command outputs to -e ‘/plots’=‘/plots:/plots2’. Somehow it’s dropping the _dir.

I still seem to have the issue but it’s not a big deal, I think it’s farming properly still.

Yeah, sorry again for this.  To fully correct, you want your `plots_dir` to have Key: plots_dir  (not /plots).  Like this:

image.png.f08755b6adfa6111e67a4887223903c5.png