[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Machinaris bundles latest Madmax plotter, controlled through the WebUI.  You can switch by changing "plotting:type:" field on Settings | Plotting page.  Take a look at the wiki for Madmax, including sample config.

Got it.  i must say you have made this really simple, thank you for the excellent work you have put into this and a comprehensive wiki.

couple of questions:

1. how do i know when i am connected to the network?

2. what should i look out for when joining a pool?

10 hours ago, SohailS said:

1. how do i know when i am connected to the network?

Check the Network | Connections page.  Also look for Synced status on both Wallet and Network | Blockchain pages.

10 hours ago, SohailS said:

2. what should i look out for when joining a pool?

Compare different pools here.

5 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Check the Network | Connections page.  Also look for Synced status on both Wallet and Network | Blockchain pages.

Compare different pools here.

Thanks again, its nearly been 24 hours but its not synced i this normal or am I doing something wrong? i have forwarded the port in my router

5 hours ago, SohailS said:

Thanks again, its nearly been 24 hours but its not synced i this normal or am I doing something wrong? i have forwarded the port in my router

Yes, full sync from an initial state can take a while.  Check the status on the Network | Connections page.  Also, you can try adding an introducer there too from this list.

4 hours ago, stubennatter said:

sorry how can I connect to a pool if I joined with windows client and now I want see this in unraid docker container. There is only wallet 1 and the settings site is only for changin or joining a new pool, but I'm always joined a pool.

Hi!  Yes, the pool selection is linked to the plotnft you created on Windows, tied to your private key (aka mnemonic seed-phrase - 24-words).  So when you setup Machinaris on Unraid, enter the same 24-word mnemonic during setup. 

Then once the blockchain and wallet are fully synced on Unraid, you'll see your previous pool selection there.  No need to re-join a pool on Unraid.  See the wiki for details.

1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Hi!  Yes, the pool selection is linked to the plotnft you created on Windows, tied to your private key (aka mnemonic seed-phrase - 24-words).  So when you setup Machinaris on Unraid, enter the same 24-word mnemonic during setup. 

Then once the blockchain and wallet are fully synced on Unraid, you'll see your previous pool selection there.  No need to re-join a pool on Unraid.  See the wiki for details.

that is my problem, I'm synced since 5 days and the wallet in unraid is only the first wallet, madmax plots perfekt pool plots and the windows account synced shows all pool plots and pay out from pool works. But not in unraid not  and if I used the comand

chia keys show --show-mnemonic-seed in docker it shows another "First wallet address" that isn't the pool adress and not the adress the windows chia client shows in wallet overview

31 minutes ago, stubennatter said:

that is my problem, I'm synced since 5 days and the wallet in unraid is only the first wallet, madmax plots perfekt pool plots and the windows account synced shows all pool plots and pay out from pool works. But not in unraid not  and if I used the comand

chia keys show --show-mnemonic-seed in docker it shows another "First wallet address" that isn't the pool adress and not the adress the windows chia client shows in wallet overview

Run that show-mnemonic-seed command on both the original Windows system and also the Unraid system.  It sounds like you'll see different phrases, meaning you are likely using two different private keys.  

You may need to delete your wallet DB and let that resync - it should pick up the NFT automatically when it goes past the block that it was created in.

The other option is to edit config.yaml on the Windows machine and copy whatever is in the "pool:" section and add that to machinaris' config.yaml.

Annoyingly if you just copy the synced wallet from a machine that the NFT was created on, that's not enough... It seems to need to resync the wallet from a point before the NFT was created in order to populate config.yaml with the relevant info.

1 hour ago, flyize said:

This container is currently using about 6GB of RAM and all I'm doing is farming. Is that correct?

Well, it's probably a mode=fullnode so it's doing everything except plotting.  Try a restart of the container and see if it drops.  I restarted yesterday and am at ~3GB.  

You may want to pull the latest test version of Machinaris which includes Chia 1.2.1 (soon 1.2.2) as its my understanding that Chia 1.2.0 was a bit of a resource hog.

image.thumb.png.1c9a3814fa78b87e66c7ccffd3048b23.png

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Teaser said:

You may need to delete your wallet DB and let that resync - it should pick up the NFT automatically when it goes past the block that it was created in.

The other option is to edit config.yaml on the Windows machine and copy whatever is in the "pool:" section and add that to machinaris' config.yaml.

Annoyingly if you just copy the synced wallet from a machine that the NFT was created on, that's not enough... It seems to need to resync the wallet from a point before the NFT was created in order to populate config.yaml with the relevant info.

copy pool information from yaml changed nothing, that means I must delete the sql db right?

oh no, this takes days :(

Edited by stubennatter

Hello, i have a problem with machinaris. I cant start plots. Other question, how can i start plotting.

Blockchain is synced an i have been connected to the pool.

What i have to change in the plotman.yaml that the plotting is working ?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.c04883fba58bef8d817b5875b65744c5.png

Edited by Phil85
8 hours ago, Phil85 said:

Hello, i have a problem with machinaris. I cant start plots. Other question, how can i start plotting.

Blockchain is synced an i have been connected to the pool.

What i have to change in the plotman.yaml that the plotting is working ?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.c04883fba58bef8d817b5875b65744c5.png

Sorry, I am working to improve the user feedback when a plotman.yaml with certain errors is saved. Should be improved in next release.

In the meantime, for case above, please open the Unraid Docker Console for Machinaris and type: plotman status  This command will output the formatting or config problem in the plotman.yaml.  Once the config issue is resolved, then you should be able to start plotting.

Examples to work from:  chia plotter and madmax plotter

Thanks for your reply ;-)

But the plotman status is nearly blank

# plotman status
plot id   plotter   k   tmp   dst   wall   phase   tmp   pid   stat   mem   user   sys   io

Total jobs: 0

Updated at: Fri Jul 16 20:37:55 2021

The plotman.yaml is configured like the examples chia plotter

And this is the plotting log

...sleeping 20 s: (True, 'Starting plot job: chia plots create -k 32 -r 2 -u 128 -b 3389 -t /plotting -d /plots -f

And this the Unraid config

image.thumb.png.9dac8a3ffbbea727b229c9a24a0e9391.png

Edited by Phil85

Hello,

Thanks for the amazin work!

I have recently updated to the latest version and I can see it now includes the option to farm Flax.

However I get below error in the network tab:

connection.PNG.2883f3603bbb7c9363549afc58aed96d.PNG

I have restarted the container but this does not change anything.

2 hours ago, mrbusiness said:

Could someone point me to a thread or guide on how to setup ram disk for this container?

open unriad terminal wondow, type the following

mkdir /mnt/ram

mount -t tmpfs -o size=115G tmpfs /mnt/ram/

add path into your machinaris setup

1695345998_ScreenShot2021-07-17at10_33_59AM.thumb.png.02946a05e0f4573ab4405a1c72ffe6f8.png

inside machinaris plotting config

293656087_ScreenShot2021-07-17at10_36_43AM.png.2d3b0612de0d495925beec1ccb295031.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello,

I joined Flexpool with machinaris, no problem, but machinaris never appears, I use machinaris in fullnode to make the plots, it tells me it is on the pool but nothing.

If I launch the windows application the part against the pool sees me.

I opened the chia port towards the container which is in host.

any idea ?

Edited by Nosirus

So I need some help with Pools.  I started plotting what I thought were portable pool plots as soon as we were able. I set them up under "self pool".  I've since joined flexpool but I don't seem to get any results from them and my ID is not showing in their system.  My plots when I check them list my address as pool key which is what I thought the self-pool would set up as, but I understood that if I joined a pool it would transfer those plots over.

However  Flexpool help said 

"If you have a pool public key from the 'chia plots check' or gui, then it is not a portable plot and cannot be used to farm with a pool. It's likely what's called an OG plot which was made before Chia Network 1.2.0 software, or was made incorrectly with 1.2.0 or later software. 

Do any of your plots show up the way I displayed earlier, with *no* Pool public key??

What am I missing here?  In plot config what should I have following:  pool_pk: 

3 hours ago, Ystebad said:

What am I missing here?  In plot config what should I have following:  pool_pk: 

Hi, sorry for any confusion.  To plot new portable plots, you must comment out pool_pk and uncomment pool_contract_address in your Settings | Plotting page.  If the keyword pool_contract_address is present in the file, as shown in the wiki example, then the correct value will be automatically filled in.

Interesting - my plotman.yaml didn't have anything listed at all for the pool_contract_address even though I'm up to date.  It did not have the comments about removing either.   I commented out pool_pk and added manually pool_contract_address.  

chia plotnft show gives me Wallet ID 2 and wallet ID 3.  I am also plotting flax so I guess that's what ID3 is?  I selected the address after "payout instructions" and pasted this to follow the pool_contract_address.  

I tried leaving it blank to auto fill as you suggested but it would not save, gave me error

Edited by Ystebad

Hi, I'm running a full node on my unraid box, and am trying to run a plotter on another machine. The plotter shows up in the workers, but says "Connection Refused" under last ping to worker. Any advice?

Here's the docker compose file for my plotter:

version: '3.3'
services:
    machinaris:
        environment:
            - mode=plotter
            - controller_host=192.168.0.12
            - TZ=America/New_York
        ports:
            - '8926:8926'
            - '8927:8927'
        volumes: