[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

On 5/21/2021 at 12:25 PM, Pducharme said:

@guy.davis Hi! Just couple of newbie questions.  For the Plotting SSD, would you use SATA SSD, NVMe on a PCI-e card or NVMe on Mobo ?  I guess SATA SSD cheapest, but slower of the lot?   For the final Farming, would you all put that outside of the array using Unassigned devices or for the farming part, using the Free space of the array is good enough?

What I am doing is: My machinaris container is moving freshly made plots from the plotting directory to a share called chia_faucet. My machinaris container is farming from chia_faucet and chia_farm. chia_faucet is a share set to cache only: chiafaucet (this is a pool consisting of a single disk, the disk I am currently filling up with plots). My chia_farm share is a read only share and it is set to cache only: chiafarm (this is a pool containing all disks I have already filled up with plots). So with this setup I do not need to be changing my machinaris container farming or plotting directories, once the disk I am currently filling up (the one assigned to the chiafaucet pool) gets full I simply stop the array and move this disk to the chiafarm pool, where it will continue to get farmed, except now it is read only so the plots are better protected againts overwrite. Then I assign the next disk I will be filling up to the chiafaucet pool.

• Like 1

I get the following error from flexdog.

Is that something i should be conserned about?
On the summary page, flax and chia is still listed as Farming: active

[2021-10-11 08:53:36] [    INFO] --- Starting Flaxdog (v0.6.0-3-g8867a71) (main.py:54)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/flaxdog/main.py", line 111, in <module>
    init(conf)
  File "/flaxdog/main.py", line 57, in init
    flax_logs_config = config.get_flax_logs_config()
  File "/flaxdog/src/config.py", line 35, in get_flax_logs_config
    return self._get_child_config("flax_logs")
  File "/flaxdog/src/config.py", line 22, in _get_child_config
    raise ValueError(f"Invalid config - cannot find {key} key")
ValueError: Invalid config - cannot find flax_logs key

8 hours ago, Struck said:

I get the following error from flexdog.

Is that something i should be conserned about?
On the summary page, flax and chia is still listed as Farming: active

[2021-10-11 08:53:36] [    INFO] --- Starting Flaxdog (v0.6.0-3-g8867a71) (main.py:54)
  File "/flaxdog/main.py", line 111, in <module>
    init(conf)
  File "/flaxdog/main.py", line 57, in init
    flax_logs_config = config.get_flax_logs_config()
  File "/flaxdog/src/config.py", line 35, in get_flax_logs_config
    return self._get_child_config("flax_logs")
  File "/flaxdog/src/config.py", line 22, in _get_child_config
    raise ValueError(f"Invalid config - cannot find {key} key")
ValueError: Invalid config - cannot find flax_logs key

Probably not critical as this is about to change in v0.6.0.  By the way, which version of Machinaris are you running?  See version at bottom of each page in Machinaris WebUI.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Probably not critical as this is about to change in v0.6.0.  By the way, which version of Machinaris are you running?  See version at bottom of each page in Machinaris WebUI.  Thanks.

Yeah, i see i gained a block reward, so it must still be farming. but flexdog is likely not running, and also not providing allerts and daily updates. (This has never worked for flax, for me)
I am on Machinaris 0.5. which seems to  be the newest in this present time.

@guy.davisThank you so much for this amazing container. Love it! I have one feature request, and a question.

Feature request: Madmax now supports k<32, and port options (-x) for chives plotting. Could that be added to the plot manager as well? I tried adding those options, but config.yaml won't validate

Question: Is there a way to set the number of plots I want to generate? eg. -n in Madmax determines the number of plots that will be created.

This is the best performance I got so far. This is great!452463845_Screenshot2021-10-1111_28_39PM.png.2186b138a47b7706a17674a722778b1c.png

Edited by light2089
9 hours ago, light2089 said:

@guy.davisThank you so much for this amazing container. Love it! I have one feature request, and a question.

Feature request: Madmax now supports k<32, and port options (-x) for chives plotting. Could that be added to the plot manager as well? I tried adding those options, but config.yaml won't validate

Question: Is there a way to set the number of plots I want to generate? eg. -n in Madmax determines the number of plots that will be created.

This is the best performance I got so far. This is great!452463845_Screenshot2021-10-1111_28_39PM.png.2186b138a47b7706a17674a722778b1c.png

Yes.  Good question. Chives support is beta-only at this point as it requires different plots (k29/k30/k31) than Chia and other blockchains. I hope to improve Plotman soon to correctly interact with Madmax to perform that plotting. Until then, one must execute Madmax directly from inside the machinaris-chives container. Details at: https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Chives

14 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Yes.  Good question. Chives support is beta-only at this point as it requires different plots (k29/k30/k31) than Chia and other blockchains. I hope to improve Plotman soon to correctly interact with Madmax to perform that plotting. Until then, one must execute Madmax directly from inside the machinaris-chives container. Details at: https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Chives

Perfect. Thank you! I see Madmax in the main Machinaris container also is the latest version. I will use that with correct k etc. I currently am pooling so not running Chives using Machinaris, but have a separate Chives binary in a VM.

14 hours ago, Benji said:

What's the process to replicate "chia start farmer-no-wallet"? I use a cold wallet, so I only want the fullnode and the harvester.

Hi, sorry Machinaris makes use of calls against the Chia wallet. This doesn't preclude you from using a cold wallet though by changing the reward address and/or payout instructions under Settings | Farming I believe.  Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Good day.  Machinaris v0.6.0 is now available with support for many more blockchain forks:

- NChain- cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - HDDCoin - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - Chives - support for this blockchain fork.
 - Flax - now farmed in a separate Docker container.

Core enhancements to underlying components include:
 - Plotman - enhancement to support plotting for Chives via Madmax.
 - Chiadog - enhancement to support monitoring of other blockchain forks.

Really big thanks to all those that helped review and provide feedback on this big step forward for Machinaris!

Unraid users of Machinaris, please follow the upgrade guide: 

https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Unraid#how-do-i-update-from-v05x-to-v060-with-fork-support

Edited by guy.davis
upgrade guide link
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Good day.  Machinaris v0.6.0 is now available with support for many more blockchain forks:

- NChain- cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - HDDCoin - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - Chives - support for this blockchain fork.
 - Flax - now farmed in a separtate Docker container.

Core enhancements to underlying components include:
 - Plotman - enhancement to support plotting for Chives via Madmax.
 - Chiadog - enhancement to support monitoring of other blockchain forks.

Really big thanks to all those that helped review and provide feedback on this big step forward for Machinaris!

Unraid users of Machinaris, please follow the upgrade guide: 

https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Unraid#how-do-i-update-from-v05x-to-v060-with-fork-support

Thanks for the new version.

With a little finegeling i managed to get it to work with flax.

• Like 1

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I've been offline since auto update and I can't bring it back

exactly what I need at 4am

Edited by mdrodge
38 minutes ago, mdrodge said:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I've been offline since auto update and I can't bring it back

exactly what I need at 4am

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  What did you find in the logs: /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/logs/webui.log? 

An error in the WebUI as you report does not mean that the underlying Chia farm is not functioning, just that there is a configuration issue preventing WebUI from displaying properly.

Also, did you check out the upgrade guide?  Hope this helps!

Edited by guy.davis

Apparently having flax in the list of coins farmed was the issue. 

Anyone else having issues should remove it then reinstall it.

(Some of the old settings carry over but effect things)

Was looking forward to this update.

3 coin farming action.... Nice.

Edited by mdrodge

Just a small thing I noticed.

In my alerts the Flax farmer claims to have won 1.75 XCH 

I nearly spilled my cup of tea!!!   I wish it was true LOL 

(XFX)

==========================================================

"SERVER1 flax WALLET Cha-ching! Just received 1.75 XCH ☘️

;)

• Haha 1

I'm seeing this error.

2021-10-19 10:49:19 [920] [ERROR] Exception on / [GET]
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2073, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1518, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1516, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1502, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**req.view_args)
  File "/machinaris/web/routes.py", line 19, in landing
    gc = globals.load()
  File "/machinaris/common/config/globals.py", line 82, in load
    cfg['blockchain_version'] = load_blockchain_version(enabled_blockchains()[0])
IndexError: list index out of range

edit: And I *think* I followed the upgrade doc...

edit: FIXED. I missed the original blockchain variable and added a second. It didn't like that.

Edited by flyize
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, mdrodge said:

Just a small thing I noticed.

In my alerts the Flax farmer claims to have won 1.75 XCH 

I nearly spilled my cup of tea!!!   I wish it was true LOL 

(XFX)

"SERVER1 flax WALLET Cha-ching! Just received 1.75 XCH ☘️

;)

You might have received 1.75HDD. HDDCOIN ran a giveaway for folks who joined the hddcoin foxypool at some point in time. I also got a notification saying I got 1.75XCH from my HDDCOIN chiadog whereas what I actually received was 1.75HDD. Notice the first message. 

2B6FB68F-2AAD-415D-8168-7A88A862557E.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Looks like I'm getting a new error from flora:

2021-10-19 12:12:47 [906] [ERROR] Exception on /index [GET]
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2073, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1518, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1516, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1502, in dispatch_request
    return self.ensure_sync(self.view_functions[rule.endpoint])(**req.view_args)
  File "/machinaris/web/routes.py", line 34, in index
    farm_summary = chia.load_farm_summary()
  File "/machinaris/web/actions/chia.py", line 40, in load_farm_summary
    return FarmSummary(farms, wallets)
  File "/machinaris/web/models/chia.py", line 55, in __init__
    "currency_symbol": CURRENCY_SYMBOLS[farm_rec.blockchain],
KeyError: 'flora'

hi @guy.davis,

since the update today i have 2 issues so far.

I got two chia tabs in the connections tab and an error message appears on clicking to connections:

image.thumb.png.360f4a8232a798783e048b317a6bdd33.png

also 2 tabs of chia appear when i click on blockchain.

When i click on wallet, i see all of a sudden two wallets which seem to be the same. One is outdated (not synced) with the sync date when i updated the container. the other one seems to be synched with current date.

any advise? i did follow the upgrade advisory.

regards

Florian

1 hour ago, TheNotoriousFlow said:

hi @guy.davis,

I got two chia tabs in the connections tab and an error message appears on clicking to connections:

When i click on wallet, i see all of a sudden two wallets which seem to be the same. One is outdated (not synced) with the sync date when i updated the container. the other one seems to be synched with current date.

regards

Florian

14 minutes ago, DaPedda said:

Great,.... after Update my Farming is offline 😞

Please read the notes on updating from 0.5.x to 0.6.0 for unraid docker.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TheNotoriousFlow said:

hi @guy.davis,

regards

Florian

Sorry to hear that.  try this:

• Stop all Machinaris containers. docker-compose stop or similar.
  • Remove file /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/dbs/machinaris.db holding stale status records.
  • Start up all Machinaris containers. docker-compose up -d or similar.
  • Wait about 10-15 minute for all the containers to re-populate active status.

Ideally, the stale records are gone and only active status remains. Please let me know how it goes.