[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

2 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Sorry to hear that.  try this:

• Stop all Machinaris containers. docker-compose stop or similar.
  • Remove file /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/dbs/machinaris.db holding stale status records.
  • Start up all Machinaris containers. docker-compose up -d or similar.
  • Wait about 10-15 minute for all the containers to re-populate active status.

Ideally, the stale records are gone and only active status remains. Please let me know how it goes.

@guy.davis thanks for your reply. in the meantime i checked our last conversation months ago in this thread and also the cleaning of machinaris.db did the trick last time. already did that, the phantom records are gone. many thanks and as always KEEP UP THAT GOOD WORK.

adding the additional coin containers now one by one. working like a charm :)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, Flora support is less than 1 day old and only supported on Machinaris v0.6.1+ (aka development branch).  You'll need to upgrade all to ":develop" images.  And expect breakages like this.  I'll fix them though.

Oops. So sorry I missed where you spelled that out in the notes. Thanks!

edit: Uh-oh. How do I fix the error if I want to stay on .60 for now? Stopping flora and rebooting the main didn't work.

Edited by flyize
3 hours ago, flyize said:

edit: Uh-oh. How do I fix the error if I want to stay on .60 for now? Stopping flora and rebooting the main didn't work.

I made the same mistake with flora.  I was able to get mine working again by stopping the main machinaris container, removing the machinaris and stats dbs files under /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/dbs/ and starting it back up again and letting it repopulate those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't seem to get Flax to find my plots after moving it to the separate docker. All /plots1, /plots2 and so on are mapped, listed under plots_dir, and I can see all plots from the docker console. Farming is "active" but still zero plots.  Nothing obvious in the logs.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the harvester process is shown as "defunct" in ps:

[flax_harvester] <defunct>

I believe I followed the guide properly, but must have missed something.

On 10/19/2021 at 4:53 AM, guy.davis said:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  What did you find in the logs: /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/logs/webui.log? 

An error in the WebUI as you report does not mean that the underlying Chia farm is not functioning, just that there is a configuration issue preventing WebUI from displaying properly.

Also, did you check out the upgrade guide?  Hope this helps!

I'm back to the same issue (no Machinaris Ui, I get please add mnemonic then error when i do), I've deleted the container and the appdata and started fresh (no other chains yet) while following the guide.

It seems to be downloading the chain though so that's something.

(i've not even been able to add my mnemonic yet)

webui.log

Edited by mdrodge

After following the guide I have successfully updated to the newest version. I have all the new coins working except Chives. It shows fully synced, but cannot seem to connect to my plots. This is the log error that repeats over and over:

"Failed to send events over script"

Any ideas?

13 hours ago, scrain said:

I made the same mistake with flora.  I was able to get mine working again by stopping the main machinaris container, removing the machinaris and stats dbs files under /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/dbs/ and starting it back up again and letting it repopulate those.

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

Edited by flyize
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Ancan said:

Can't seem to get Flax to find my plots after moving it to the separate docker. All /plots1, /plots2 and so on are mapped, listed under plots_dir, and I can see all plots from the docker console. Farming is "active" but still zero plots.  Nothing obvious in the logs.

Not sure if it's relevant, but the harvester process is shown as "defunct" in ps:

[flax_harvester] <defunct>

I believe I followed the guide properly, but must have missed something.

Hi, please ensure that you have copied the mnemonic.txt over and restarted the Flax container:

cp /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/mnemonic.txt /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris-flax/mnemonic.txt 

Then take a look at /mnt/user/appdata/flax/mainnet/log files: debug.log and init.log.  Hope this helps!

4 hours ago, mdrodge said:

I'm back to the same issue (no Machinaris Ui, I get please add mnemonic then error when i do),

Please accept my apologies on this error encountered with choosing Import Mnemonic from the initial Setup screen of v0.6.0.  Very dumb oversight on my part.  I have fixed in the next version.

Easiest workaround is to manually create a file on the Unraid filesystem, just a single line with your 24-word mnemonic, at /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/mnemonic.txt   Then restart the Machinaris container and you should be taken right past the setup screen, to the main Summary page.  Hope this helps!

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, DoeBoye said:

After following the guide I have successfully updated to the newest version. I have all the new coins working except Chives. It shows fully synced, but cannot seem to connect to my plots. This is the log error that repeats over and over:

"Failed to send events over script"

Any ideas?

Hi, Chives is a neat blockchain fork, but is different from all the others.  In particular, Chives requires its own plots of size k29, k30, or k31.  Please see the wiki for details. Let me know if you have further questions.

Edited by guy.davis
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Hi, Chives is a neat blockchain fork, but is different from all the others.  In particular, Chives requires its own plots of size k29, k30, or k31.  Please see the wiki for details. Let me know if you have further questions.

Ah! Got it! Thank you!

Hypothetically speaking, due to limited space and trying to be efficient, if I were to recreate all my existing plots and set them k29, k30 or k31, would I see any negative effects on the other coins being farmed?

6 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

The wiki says this

As a clone, it is possible to farm the same plots to both blockchain networks, as long as the same private key (mnemonic seed) is provided to both the Chia™ and Chives farmer.

But then further down in the wiki, it seems to suggest that Chia plots won't work. Am I reading this incorrectly?

Edited by flyize
7 minutes ago, flyize said:

The wiki says this

But then further down in the wiki, it seems to suggest that Chia plots won't work. Am I reading this incorrectly?

Chia and a few of its forks (except Chives) uses k32+. So below k32 plots won't work. In short - Chia and Chives plots are not cross compatible

I'm getting this errror on my containers - 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

I followed the guide and reverified it a few times. how can i fix? 
turns out i still had flax in there

solution was not to reply to the thread, but to re-read all posts fully and carefully.

Edited by cptnyehy0

Followed the guide to update and removed all Flax port definitions but am still running into the internal server error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

In the logs, I'm seeing the following error:

ValueError: 9 is not a valid WalletType

EDIT: For some reason it fixed itself overnight and starting at 12am it started farming again. WebUI is fine and just successfully installed all of your other forks.

2021-10-20 15_23_13-Window.png

2021-10-20 15_23_28-Window.png

2021-10-20 15_23_45-Window.png

2021-10-20 15_24_29-Window.png

Edited by insomniak

Hi folks, I still have two problems:
1. I see my worker (harvester), but he doesn't give me any stats
2. Under "Connections" I cannot remove a host that is no longer reporting

My worker is on another unRaid server. I created the template via the full node and created it on the target server via docker-compose. I see him in the full node. Under Alerts it says: "Your harvester appears to be offline! No events for the past 81187 seconds." I think it's because of the port mappings. Before the update, the port mapping on the target server said e.g .: Network = default and mapping 8926: 8926
Today it says machinaris_default and mapping = 172.18.0.2:8926/TCP <> 192.168.158.103:8926

Same for the Port 8927.

At https://pool.space/ I see both harvesters, so the farming seems to be working for now.

Greetings, Peter

Edited by DaPedda
Add Port / Typo Error
1 hour ago, _cr8tor_ said:

Ok what did i do wrong.

I have looked over this multiple times and i can not figure out what i did wrong.

When i try to go to the WebUI i get a loading screen (also noted its just the port in the address bar)

Untitled.png.e882167fe3052ee08c22c4b6c2ac92e2.png

Then it redirects to /index and errors out

Untitled2.thumb.png.fe72bf51384245d5f0e42938bd4d6860.png

Config listed below

Untitled3.thumb.png.4552f6e54f11f8a6efeade9ca9a46508.png

So i got this working by  removing  everything and completely rebiulding it.

Then it died again with the same error. 

I suspect  Flora is what caused it  as it seemed to be working until i added flora to the mix.

Any ideas? Rebuild it  all again and skip flora for now?

Just now, _cr8tor_ said:

So i got this working by  removing  everything and completely rebiulding it.

Then it died again with the same error. 

I suspect  Flora is what caused it  as it seemed to be working until i added flora to the mix.

Any ideas? Rebuild it  all again and skip flora for now?

iirc @guy.davis said on discord that flora isn't ready just yet, he's working on fixes on the :develop branch.

1 minute ago, _cr8tor_ said:

Ok, good to know.

Curious why the $%^#^ it would be posted to the apps if it breaks things. Whatever though.

Any idea how to fix it? Removing flora leaves  it broke. 😞

nm, deleted appdata\machinaris\machinaris\dbs\machinaris.db again and it went back to working without flora.