[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

20 minutes ago, _cr8tor_ said:

nm, deleted appdata\machinaris\machinaris\dbs\machinaris.db again and it went back to working without flora.

Sorry for the trouble.  Flora container, marked as Beta in Community Applications, requires v0.6.1 for the main Machinaris container which was published as `:test` images this morning.  You can run it right now if you add `:test` to end of the Repository line in the Machinaris docker config in Unraid UI.  I expect v0.6.1 will be promoted to `:latest` (aka fully released) in another day or two.

Edited by guy.davis
10 hours ago, DaPedda said:

Hi folks, I still have two problems:
1. I see my worker (harvester), but he doesn't give me any stats
2. Under "Connections" I cannot remove a host that is no longer reporting

My worker is on another unRaid server. I created the template via the full node and created it on the target server via docker-compose. I see him in the full node. Under Alerts it says: "Your harvester appears to be offline! No events for the past 81187 seconds." I think it's because of the port mappings. Before the update, the port mapping on the target server said e.g .: Network = default and mapping 8926: 8926
Today it says machinaris_default and mapping = 172.18.0.2:8926/TCP <> 192.168.158.103:8926

Same for the Port 8927.

At https://pool.space/ I see both harvesters, so the farming seems to be working for now.

Greetings, Peter

Yes, the Unraid Community App template for Machinaris provides a fullnode.  It is possible to re-purpose the settings in that template to run as Harvester, however it can be a bit tricky.  In particular you must enable "Advanced View" and 'Show more settings" in the Unraid UI | Docker tab | Machinaris "Edit" configuration.

Then for a Chia harvester:

Extra Parameters: -h $HOSTNAME

Networking: Bridge

Then, the easiest way to know exactly which Variables, Ports, and Volumes you need to configure in the Unraid UI on your Harvester is to visit the Machinaris WebUI on your controller and click New Worker.  Fill in the form, for example:

image.png.a165cb6c671ad67b4f32090a181d39d3.png

which gives as example this docker-compose.yml:

image.png.2e21b3857255d3cb0e09004941a3e5ff.png

Each volume line becomes an Unraid Path, each environment line becomes an Unraid Variable, and each port line becomes an Unraid Port in the Machinaris config, Unraid UI | Docker tab.

Hope this helps.  We've walked a handful of Unraid users through setup for a harvester in the Machinaris discord, so don't hesitate to drop in.

EDIT: On re-read, it sounds like you might be running straight docker-compose on the harvester.  That can work too.

To trouble-shoot connectivity between harvester and fullnode, please paste a screenshot of your Workers page.  Then let's see the "docker logs machinaris" output of your harvester.  As well, please provide /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/logs/apisrv.log.  Thanks!

Edited by guy.davis
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

Sorry for the trouble.  Flora container, marked as Beta in Community Applications, requires v0.6.1 for the main Machinaris container which was published as `:test` images this morning.  You can run it right now if you add `:test` to end of the Repository line in the Machinaris docker config in Unraid UI.  I expect v0.6.1 will be promoted to `:latest` (aka fully released) in another day or two.

Thanks for the reply.

I get it, personally i would have  marked it as alpha if it will break the "latest"  pull.

But, it is what it is, and i appreciate your work. And who am i to say what it  should be marked? 🙂

You are doing some good work overall and as much as things  like this can be frustrating, well, so is the rest of life sometimes. haha

Anyway, i got it fixed and ill watch for it to come out of beta.

I appreciate all the forks you are adding to the group. It is nice to move them off of the windows boxes and into a docker where i can stuff a lot more things together. And your interface makes keeping an eye on all of them a lot easier.

Thanks for your work. Appreciate the reply. Keep it up good sir. If i can ever make some real money i will gladly throw a bit your way.

9 hours ago, _cr8tor_ said:

nm, deleted appdata\machinaris\machinaris\dbs\machinaris.db again and it went back to working without flora.

I had the same issues and the same fix. It's been mostly ok since but I now need more RAM 🐏 

I'd say you'll need at least 32gb for multi farming instead of 16gb for just chia and flax. 

I've ordered 32gb and I'll see how it goes with 40gb total. 

1 hour ago, mdrodge said:

I had the same issues and the same fix. It's been mostly ok since but I now need more RAM 🐏 

I'd say you'll need at least 32gb for multi farming instead of 16gb for just chia and flax. 

I've ordered 32gb and I'll see how it goes with 40gb total. 

Ordered 32gb about 3 weeks ago myself. Couldnt agree more

12 hours ago, _cr8tor_ said:

I get it, personally i would have  marked it as alpha if it will break the "latest"  pull.

Yes, lesson learned on my part.  There is no 'alpha' tag allowed by Unraid CA to my knowledge, so I will simply not publish a template at all (beta or not) until the blockchain fork template works with the main Machinaris release at `:latest`. 

Early adopters who want to test new features will just have to run "docker-compose" for such new images.  This will ensure the majority, running at machinaris:latest, don't encounter any breakage.  Thanks for the feeback.

12 hours ago, _cr8tor_ said:

If i can ever make some real money i will gladly throw a bit your way.

Thanks.  I code for fun though, not in it for the money.  Appreciate the thought.

1 minute ago, guy.davis said:

Yes, lesson learned on my part.  There is no 'alpha' tag allowed by Unraid CA to my knowledge, so I will simply not publish a template at all (beta or not) until the blockchain fork template works with the main Machinaris release at `:latest`. 

Early adopters who want to test new features will just have to run "docker-compose" for such new images.  This will ensure the majority, running at machinaris:latest, don't encounter any breakage.  Thanks for the feeback.

Thanks.  I code for fun though, not in it for the money.  Appreciate the thought.

Thanks for your hard work.

Good day. Machinaris v0.6.1 is now available with the following fixes and improvements:

- Flora - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
- ChiaDog - improved support for forks, fix coin symbol in certain alerts, Chives decimal placement, etc.
- Machinaris - correctly report Chives plots from harvesters in the WebUI.  Plots were farmed, but hidden from WebUI before.
- Machinaris - fix error in Setup - Mnemonic Import wizard.
- Machinaris - re-enable the Plotman Archving start/stop buttons.

I really appreciate all those that made the big jump to v0.6.0 last week.  For this v0.6.1 release, it's only a minor update.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Spazhead said:

is it normal to have no Icons on the workers?

2022371580_ScreenShot2021-10-23at10_07_52PM.png.d501ab0f5a339cb398743e53ac35eb01.png

They have icons so, No..... I've seen this before so I'd call it normal but It's not good.

When ever I've had this was based around a traumatic event (last time I had a power loss for example)

I would normally replace the template.

(You won't lose the data)

23 minutes ago, mdrodge said:

They have icons so, No..... I've seen this before so I'd call it normal but It's not good.

When ever I've had this was based around a traumatic event (last time I had a power loss for example)

I would normally replace the template.

(You won't lose the data)

My OCD kicks in when i see no Icons

5 hours ago, Spazhead said:

My OCD kicks in when i see no Icons

Yes, that's odd if you're using the Unraid Community Apps templates.   If you're using straight docker-compose instead then I would expect that however.

Since you're probably using the Unraid CA templates, try editing the Machinaris configs in Unraid UI | Docker tab.  Look for Icon Url and use the paste the icon names like:  

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/guydavis/machinaris-unraid/master/logos/blockchain.png

Just replace 'blockchain' with 'chives', 'hddcoin', 'nchain', 'flax', 'flora', etc.

image.thumb.png.426d11f3bf11feff43011649b2d43b24.png

If they were already set like that and you still get a blank in Unraid UI, then I think you've discovered some strange Unraid UI bug.  Hope this helps!

Hi everyone, let's talk about security in Machinaris and the wider Chia & forks ecosystem.  Your private key, often represented as a 24-word mnemonic passphrase, is the most important Chia secret you have.  This key controls your Chia wallet and your Chia plots.

On setup of Machinaris your private key is stored in ~/.machinaris/mnemonic.txt.  Then it is added to your Chia key ring with `chia keys add`, after which farming services of the fullnode are started.  Your mnemonic is NOT used on on harvesters or plotters, only on fullnodes.

In order for the blockchain forks such as Flax, Chives, HDDCoin, etc to farm the same plots as Chia, they also must be initialized with the same mnemonic.  This increased exposure means it is even more important to set up a cold wallet to automatically receive won coins and pool payouts. Learn more on the wiki.

20211023_213749.thumb.png.b689dc6ec7714ae1779f5d7fc72789ee.png

Also, I am testing fullnodes being restarted/updated without the mnemonic.txt present, in hopes of removing it from disk after initial setup. So far, results have been mixed getting fullnodes to farm properly without mnemonic being imported on each restart. Your feedback on this is appreciated.

Feel free to raise questions and make suggestions, either here, or in our new #security channel in the Discord.  I am keen to improve Machinaris security in coming releases.

• Like 1
On 10/20/2021 at 4:48 AM, Struck said:

Please read the notes on updating from 0.5.x to 0.6.0 for unraid docker.

https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Unraid#how-do-i-update-from-v05x-to-v060-with-fork-support

I have all my dockers running on custom bridge with dedicated IP.  I've tried adding the IP assigned to machinaris docker in the worker_address variable, but I still can't get machinaris running again.  I'm using a basic full node setup, chia only.

debug.log

image.thumb.png.2cedd468c13dcdcfd7f3b10404d018b8.png

webui.log

image.thumb.png.84af3fec43e9247849ca873d5c8eaadf.png

Anything I can do to get this running on a custom bridge network again?

@jortan I am this forum's most pathetic member. I've been trying to get chia and machinaris to work for over 5 months now without success.  Poor @guy.davis knows and dreads my name and I have a terminal case of sunk cost fallacy as I've got over 1300 plots and not one penny earned.

Anyway, all that to say that just today I found some references in my log which said " 2021-10-27T03:38:16.745 farmer chia.farmer.farmer         : ERROR    Exception in GET /farmer https://xch-us-east.flexpool.io, Cannot connect to host xch-us-east.flexpool.io:443 ssl:<ssl.SSLContext object at 0x14d25b789ec0> [Temporary failure in name resolution]"

So I'm thinking that maybe some of my problems may be related to networking or firewalling.  Accordingly I was hoping to take Machinaris off host network and assign to a custom IP so I can manage it separately in my firewall/router rather than being clumped in with my unraid box which runs through a VPN.

I selected "bridge" network option in edit but when it runs the docker I'm still seeing Machinaris connected at a port of my main server instead of a separate IP.  How are you doing this?

1 hour ago, Ystebad said:

@jortan I am this forum's most pathetic member. I've been trying to get chia and machinaris to work for over 5 months now without success.  Poor @guy.davis knows and dreads my name and I have a terminal case of sunk cost fallacy as I've got over 1300 plots and not one penny earned.

Hi Ystebad.  Not all!  Happy to help you out.  Sorry to hear you've experienced trouble so far.

Anyway, all that to say that just today I found some references in my log which said " 2021-10-27T03:38:16.745 farmer chia.farmer.farmer         : ERROR    Exception in GET /farmer https://xch-us-east.flexpool.io, Cannot connect to host xch-us-east.flexpool.io:443 ssl:<ssl.SSLContext object at 0x14d25b789ec0> [Temporary failure in name resolution]"

So I'm thinking that maybe some of my problems may be related to networking or firewalling.  Accordingly I was hoping to take Machinaris off host network and assign to a custom IP so I can manage it separately in my firewall/router rather than being clumped in with my unraid box which runs through a VPN.

I selected "bridge" network option in edit but when it runs the docker I'm still seeing Machinaris connected at a port of my main server instead of a separate IP.  How are you doing this?

As per the 0.6.0 upgrade guide, bridge network type is recommended.  Since the error above looks like DNS, I recommend checking the DNS value in Network Settings on Unraid UI | Settings tab.  For example, my DNS is my local router at 192.168.1.1  

image.thumb.png.75efd9f7c15058efab26f40bfc78a34a.png

However, you could try a cloud DNS provided such as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 instead to remove your LAN's router DNS from the equation.  Hope this helps!  Don't hesitate to ask further questions or join us in the Discord.

My network settings in unraid are correct for my router (10.0.0.1) and my router WAN dns is set to cloud flare 1.1.1.1.  However since it seems to be having trouble resolving the pool connection, maybe this explains all the troubles I've had never being able to get connected to mine my pool plots.  

I completely deleted machinaris and the data folder and reinstalled including entering my wallet phrase and redownloading the whole blockchain.  So I don't think the "upgrade" would apply.

However it says: Extra Parameters: -h $HOSTNAME and my extra parameters is blank.  This is stupid question: but what do I put for "HOSTNAME" ?

Edited by Ystebad
add question

My network settings in unraid are correct for my router (10.0.0.1) and my router WAN dns is set to cloud flare 1.1.1.1.  However since it seems to be having trouble resolving the pool connection, maybe this explains all the troubles I've had never being able to get connected to mine my pool plots.  

I completely deleted machinaris and the data folder and reinstalled including entering my wallet phrase and redownloading the whole blockchain.  So I don't think the "upgrade" would apply.

However it says: Extra Parameters: -h $HOSTNAME and my extra parameters is blank.  This is stupid question: but what do I put for "HOSTNAME" ?

-h $HOSTNAME

is what I put. I didn't even consider it was something I could adjust.

I've had no problem here.

5 months.... wow, I start getting upset about a few minutes of downtime. (It'll all be fine in a year or two once you have hit brake even, just try and remember that.)

Edited by mdrodge
  • Like 1
On 10/24/2021 at 9:22 AM, guy.davis said:

Yes, that's odd if you're using the Unraid Community Apps templates.   If you're using straight docker-compose instead then I would expect that however.

Since you're probably using the Unraid CA templates, try editing the Machinaris configs in Unraid UI | Docker tab.  Look for Icon Url and use the paste the icon names like:  

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/guydavis/machinaris-unraid/master/logos/blockchain.png

Just replace 'blockchain' with 'chives', 'hddcoin', 'nchain', 'flax', 'flora', etc.

image.thumb.png.426d11f3bf11feff43011649b2d43b24.png

If they were already set like that and you still get a blank in Unraid UI, then I think you've discovered some strange Unraid UI bug.  Hope this helps!

i'm using Docker-compose only.  hopefully we can add icons in the future.

28 minutes ago, Spazhead said:

i'm using Docker-compose only.  hopefully we can add icons in the future.

Sorry, the icons shown on Unraid UI's Docker tab are only possible if you install each container individually from the Apps tab (aka Community Applications).  docker-compose does not support Icon display in Unraid.

Good day. Machinaris v0.6.2 is now available with the following fixes and improvements:

- Silicoin - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork. NOTE: Silicoin blockchain is currently paused by their developers.
 - fd-cli - Daily scheduled 7/8 coin win recovery for those farming NFT plots on other blockchains.
 - Madmax - support for plotting k33 and k34 plot sizes.
 - Machinaris - correctly show daily difference tooltips on Summary page statistics for all blockchains