[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

5 hours ago, guy.davis said:

No problem.  I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve Machinaris and blockchain farming.

Fyi, I'm running ten blockchains on a single Unraid system with 48 GB total.  This Unraid system is doing a lot more than just Machinaris, including Plex etc.  

image.thumb.png.05b0ac3995266b3d5b0c7ed52db49a34.png

Still have lots of headroom: 

image.png.c60cfa15b413a42a38e8bae32001433f.png

I only have 32GB installed currently.  I will need to get larger modules to increase.  I suppose there's a finite number of forks out there, but 2-3GB per fork adds up and this is my primary (and only) server.

I have some nice telemetry in my server, so did some testing.

@guy.davis there is a good amount of saving if wallet is stopped. The saving is higher the older the blockchain, which kind of makes sense. Here are a few screenshots:

RAM without any tweaks:

image.png.af4ddd40f2b12729e60dc0963c2eb52e.png

RAM after the wallet was stopped for a few of the forks:

image.png.47315b921de939fc919e1c25ec8f72c0.png

One way to solve for RAM could be to create SWAP. I also use my server to plot using ramdisk (ramfs). Since I only have 128GB RAM, and all these forks running, I use swap to ensure there is no OOM while I am plotting.

Edited by light2089
  • Thanks 1

Good day!  Machinaris v0.6.5 is now available.  Changes include:  

• Cryptodoge - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
  • Docker images now roughly 1/3 the size of previous releases.  Shared base image further decreases download size for forks.
  • API endpoint /metrics/prometheus exposes plotting statistics.  Thanks to @Nold360 for the contribution!
  • Windows deployments now support automatically mounting remote plot shares (such as on a NAS) using CIFS in-container.
  • On Wallets page, display total wallet balance including cold wallet address amounts.

20211119_082433.png

• Like 3

Good Morning @guy.davis,

thanks for your latest release. Is it possible that for cryptodoge there is a bug regarding the used port? According to the cryptodoge docker template Port 15994 needs to be opened in the FW, but i didnt get any peer connections over night. For curiosity i ran the "check port forwarding" on the cryptodoge connections page, which is pointing me to https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/?port=9699

anything wrong here?

Regards from Austria!

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, TheNotoriousFlow said:

Good Morning @guy.davis,

thanks for your latest release. Is it possible that for cryptodoge there is a bug regarding the used port? According to the cryptodoge docker template Port 15994 needs to be opened in the FW, but i didnt get any peer connections over night. For curiosity i ran the "check port forwarding" on the cryptodoge connections page, which is pointing me to https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/?port=9699

anything wrong here?

Regards from Austria!

Hello Austria! Hello from the USA. 🙂

I can confirm that port 15994 is correct.

I added cryptodoge to my unraid box yesterday and forgot to set up forwarding and was still able to make a connection and start syncing. 
I think the check port forwarding you used is broke as a link. but one you get to the page you can manually specify the port. 

Also, port forwarding is not required, but helps maintain existing connections.
You can confirm port 15994 is correct by checking here: https://xchforks.com/cryptodoge/

You may also manually add a connection by using one of the active nodes listed on that page.

To do so, go to connections, then choose the cryptodoge tab, then in the lower right click on the box to the left of the "add new connection" button and enter one of the IP addresses from the page listed above. Dont forgot to add the port on the end as the greyed out example in the box shows. "114.32.109.48:15994" would be a useable one at this moment.

10 hours ago, TheNotoriousFlow said:

Good Morning @guy.davis,

anything wrong here?

Regards from Austria!

Hi, thanks for the report!  I see I mixed up the Chives and Cyrptodoge ports when clicking the 'Check Port Forwarding' button.  Definitely should be 9699 for Chives  and 15994 for Cyrptodoge.  Will fix that in the next release. Thanks again.

Just to confirm.

I don't HAVE to use a cold wallet address, for chia and alt-coins to work properly, right?

My Flax farm, haven't caught any blocks for 5-6 weeks at this point. My estimated time to win is 8-10 days.

But i know that is only an estimate, and should count on that.

My current setup, does not use a cold address for rewards, and i have about 40 XFX already, but hasn't gained any for the last month and a half.

Machinaris does not report any problems, Only have a few (0-3( skipped SP's a day. and a search time average, under 0.5s.

19 hours ago, Struck said:

Just to confirm.

I don't HAVE to use a cold wallet address, for chia and alt-coins to work properly, right?

My Flax farm, haven't caught any blocks for 5-6 weeks at this point. My estimated time to win is 8-10 days.

But i know that is only an estimate, and should count on that.

Absolutely, a cold wallet is recommended for security, but not required to farm.  For example, I use a cold Chia wallet, but I haven't bothered with a cold wallet for the alt-coins.  

With respect to luck, yes each person will experience each fork differently.  In my case, HDDCoin is way behind all the other forks in luck, but that is for me.  Different for everyone as that's the nature of luck.  

Best to keep any eye on the Flax challenges chart and watch Flax debug log (Farming page, choose Flax from drop-down menu) for errors. Also, peek at the /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris-flax/machinaris/logs/fd-cli.log file occasionally to see if 7/8 rewards are being transferred, if available.  The fd-cli is just an scheduled execution of this site's script, so you can try there too.

Hope this helps! 

Edited by guy.davis
path
9 hours ago, rukiftw said:

upgrading to 0.65 broke the chia wallet.

debug log attached.

debug.log 18.86 kB · 1 download

Hi, that log shows bad news about the state of the Chia database within.  Log message about `corrupted` means you are best to:

1) Stop Machinaris

2) Delete /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/mainnet

3) Start Machinaris up and wait for a re-sync of blockchain and wallet.

I would recommend checking the SMART stats on your cache drive to ensure its still good.  Finally, to speed up #3 you can either import a backup or use the new blockchain db download feature.  Your choice of course.

image.thumb.png.afaafaa6e8c00956c4d84ac5c82ac1d6.png

• Like 2
On 11/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, Helmonder said:

how to sell my Chia ?  

Step 0.1* practice with a small amount!!! Maybe $10 read every step before you start and join every site you think you might need to.

You'll probably need to provide ID to the larger exchanges.

1*  Join a large exchange that operates in your country (coinbase, binance) and pays into your bank or PayPal

1a* if they accept XCH then congratulations your basically done. (Pretty much skip all other steps)

2* find an exchange that does accept xch (many of these are just swaps and that's fine)

Join one. (Or more)

3* find the deposit screen on your exchange and find its xch address (if it's missing you need a different exchange) send xch to the xch address provided to you by the exchange (making sure it starts with xch and you copy and paste it all) then wait a while (not to bad)

4* enter the exchange section (sometimes called spot or market or something)

5* be overwhelmed buy how complex it looks 

6* select xch and look at the market value of your coin (you may have to choose xch/btc or xch/usdt and you'll need to decide how you want to get "paid" but remember that you probably need to consider your next move)

Select a sale of your coins at a price your happy with (you can pick any value but only the current value will sell and you could just set it higher and wait longer if you want to but the price might go down)(practice)

7* now it's been sold....

You need to decide how your going to get those funds to the exchange that will pay $£€.

So I usually try to find a coin that is supported by both exchanges.

I do my research!!!!!!! (DON'T SKIP THIS) Then I buy that coin with the usdt or btc from the sale.

8* go to the larger exchange site and find the deposit screen for your chosen token then copy the address.

Paste it into the send or withdraw section of your wallet on the small exchange. Wait for this to happen.

9* go to the withdraw to back or sell or similar section of the wallet on the larger exchange and sell your coins for cash.... then roll around in your cash like scrounge mc duck.

I send my XCH to OKEX and swap it for Algorand then I send that to coinbase and sell it.

That pays into my PayPal.

Or I send it from okex to Crypto.com and I believe I can just spend it via their visa card but I've not tried that yet.

(For raptoreum I've started using TradeOGRE to swap)

For chia forks swap at forks.green i think (I'll be doing that this week so I'll update this if not)

I sell my BTC and ETH straight from Coinbase (coinbase pro has better fees)

I used to use Binance but my bank blocked it (🇬🇧)

Having backup exchanges is a good idea incase your bank gets funny or an exchange doesn't meet your expectations.

Edited by mdrodge
  • Thanks 1
On 11/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, Helmonder said:

sell my Chia ?

The first couple of times can be rough.

Take your time and learn it.

Soon you'll be doing this down the pub on your mobile while ordering Sambuca.

P.s I'm not a financial advisor!!!!

P.s Don't pick an exchange token with high fee's aka btc or eth.

You just want a fast and cheap coin that is acceptable on both exchanges. Dogecoin works but it's slow, xlm is good (remember to add the current the memo) Algorand is very good and if you leave it on some exchanges like coinbase you get a staking reward

Edited by mdrodge
Lambo on order
On 11/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, Helmonder said:

how to sell my Chia ? 

i use gate.io. no kyc. i transfer my XCH (chia) to them. Sell it for USDT and then plan what to do with it. I was then trading it to matic and investing on polygon for most of this year, but recently started playing with the fantom and avalanche networks. 

I really like that it supports cross transfers with minor waits (minutes) and low fees.

It is not a USA site, so it may seem sketchy, but is quite popular in Asian counties.

Thanks all !

I do more crypto and the whole buying/selling/swapping is clear to me (though I do agree that this can be complex the first time)

I was mostly looking for (and thanks for the feedback !!) the best exchange to use to swap chian into a currency that is more generally accepted.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

CAn someone point me to an insctruction on how to transfer the Chia visible in Machinaris to my OKEX wallet ?

I know how exchanges work but there does not appear to be an interface to do this in Machinaris , meaning it most probably is a command line thing to do which is no problem for me, just cannot find the command to use .. 

3 hours ago, Helmonder said:

CAn someone point me to an insctruction on how to transfer the Chia visible in Machinaris to my OKEX wallet ?

I know how exchanges work but there does not appear to be an interface to do this in Machinaris , meaning it most probably is a command line thing to do which is no problem for me, just cannot find the command to use .. 

Yes, Machinaris is not meant to be a full Chia (forks) wallet.  You can definitely use the Chia CLI within the Machinaris container.  As well, there are other good options such as the new Chia light wallet.  More details on the wiki.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rukiftw said:

Does this work for the chia forks as well?

If you mean does CLI work then I guess yes but if you mean does the Chia light wallet work for forks no each fork has its own wallet.

The new Flax Wallet is a light Wallet but everything else is a full sync.

(I wasn't able to just copy the chains mainnet file across and be synced either so it can take a while to cash in you forks)

(though I got a $100 so it was definitely worth it for me and next time it won't take as long)

11 hours ago, Helmonder said:

Having a full wallet that can just be opened with any device on the network isn't a grate idea.

I don't want my kids stealing all my crypto.

That is all best done with the official wallets (in an offline/cold way is preferable)

2 hours ago, ffhelllskjdje said:

My Time to win is over 30 years on a 10th gen I9 with 64gb ram.  What am I doing wrong, using mostly default settings.

Plotting on an ssd and using raid storage for completed plots

Welcome!  That doesn't sound right, so please join the Discord where we can address your issue interactively.  This will get you going much faster.

Apologies if this has been covered, i've been googling it for the last half hour...

I want to ensure Machinaris is only farming the forks, not chia itself - I already have a Docker setup to farm chia via hpool and dont want to get banned :)

I set up the fork dockers with the paths to my plots, and omitted them from the main Machinaris docker's config - is this sufficient to prevent it farming my plots for Chia?

Thanks! Great app, and really liking the ease of setup on unRAID.

1 hour ago, mungler said:

I want to ensure Machinaris is only farming the forks, not chia itself - I already have a Docker setup to farm chia via hpool and dont want to get banned :)

I set up the fork dockers with the paths to my plots, and omitted them from the main Machinaris docker's config - is this sufficient to prevent it farming my plots for Chia?

Yes, 100% correct.  The workaround is to run the main Machinaris controller (Chia fullnode), but expressly leave the `plots_dir` Variable either empty, or point to a generic empty directory like `/plots1` in the container. 

For the other Machinaris-FORK containers, you would provide the Volumes to all your real plots, and set `plots_dir` accordingly.  

Then in Machinaris WebUI on the Summary page, for Chia you should see 0 plots farmed, but for the other forks you should see the real plot count farmed. 

Note, on the Farming page, you wouldn't see any plots listed (excepting Chives) as the Chia container is the aggregator for that listing.  Sorry about that!

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1

Thanks, Guy! Thats exactly what I hoped. No worries on the plots display, so long as I can see the correct values for plots / size of plots being farmed for the forks, thats great.

I don't suppose there's an easy way to disable some of the chia stuff to save RAM / disk space? My microserver only has 8GB right now, though I plan to add more, but it would be good to make some savings by disabling some of the chia side.

Thanks!