[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

Good day!  Machinaris v0.6.6 is now available.  Changes include: 
 - Maize - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - Forktools - utilities including a multiproc patch to limit memory usage.
 - Farming - right-side of Plots table offers Chia "plots check", slowly generated on background thread.
 - Bug Fix - hourly log rotation for `farmr`, auto-deletion log if above 20 MB in size.  Sorry all!

20211128_110428.png.560ccc719f543cee02acba5528ea0ab8.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
4 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Good day!  Machinaris v0.6.6 is now available.  Changes include: 
 - Maize - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - Forktools - utilities including a multiproc patch to limit memory usage.
 - Farming - right-side of Plots table offers Chia "plots check", slowly generated on background thread.
 - Bug Fix - hourly log rotation for `farmr`, auto-deletion log if above 20 MB in size.  Sorry all!

20211128_110428.png.560ccc719f543cee02acba5528ea0ab8.png

Nice!  Thanks for your hard work.

Any chance you could document on how forktools would work with the docker?  It's unclear to me how to apply that patch to limit memory usage.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, guy.davis said:

Good day!  Machinaris v0.6.6 is now available. 

Bug alert! For those plotting for pools with Machinaris on a `plotter` worker (not your `fullnode`), please double-check your "Settings | Plotting" page after each restart of the Machinaris plotter.  In particular, ensure that `pool_contract_address` is uncommented for pool-plotting with v0.6.6.  `pool_pk` should be commented out with a hash character at the beginning of the line.  Please check and Save on each container restart of v0.6.6.  Will be fixed soon in v0.6.7.

Edited by guy.davis
7 hours ago, mungler said:

Quick question: does the high CPU usage calm down once the chains and wallets are synced? My old N54L microserver is crying at 100% CPU constantly just now but I'm guessing that's just because things are still syncing?

Yes, it'll calm down after syncing.  But farming does still take some CPU power, especially if you do all the forks.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

Yes, it'll calm down after syncing.  But farming does still take some CPU power, especially if you do all the forks.

And restarts are fun. Its good to space out your autostart times. Especially if you are rocking old quad core hardware like me. 

I dedicate 3 cores (with HT) to mining and space them out across those three.
I leave the first core and HT open for the OS or other temporary uses. 

For example when adding a new miner i usually dedicate that first core and then also whichever one is next the order of spacing things out.

Then once its synced i remove the first core and leave it at just the one.

image.thumb.png.547ac0be022772094ab2149a2dc368e1.png

image.thumb.png.0e09616a75673675455b34d5fa08bfa8.png

• Like 1

I'm on the newest version and I'm getting some weird Alert behaviour. I keep getting a 'Chia is offline' error, under the Alert page, but the Blockchain shows fully synced, and I have 82 connections in the Connections tab. Also, none of the other forks are showing the error...

Also, probably unrelated, but I'm seeing a repeating error in my chia log:

[2021-12-01 14:57:01] [ WARNING] --- [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.chia/cactus/mainnet/log/debug.log', retrying in 2 seconds... (api.py:40) Exception ignored in: <function Pygtail.__del__ at 0x1507f9c421f0> Traceback (most recent call last): File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pygtail/core.py", line 97, in __del__ if self._filehandle(): File "/chia-blockchain/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pygtail/core.py", line 179, in _filehandle self._fh = open(filename, "r", 1) FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.chia/cactus/mainnet/log/debug.log' [2021-12-01 14:57:04] [ WARNING] --- [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.chia/cactus/mainnet/log/debug.log', retrying in 2 seconds... (api.py:40)

I think I've found the issue. It looks like the chiadog config for the Cactus fork somehow got duplicated in the Chia chiadog config. I'm pretty sure I didn't do it, but can't say for sure as I was in there yesterday trying to get the smtp alert working.... though I was doing that because it had already gone offline...... Anyhow, I believe this issue can be marked as solved as I copied over the correct config and the repeating error has stopped. I assume the offline messages will stop as well...

• Thanks 1

Good day! Machinaris v0.6.7 is now available.  Changes include:
 - BTCGreen - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
 - Plotting page - Charts to show plotting speed for recent jobs across all workers on your farm.
 - Option to disable background job to Chia `plots check` and Plotman `analyze`. Set `plots_check_analyze_skip` env var.
 - Fix for Madmax building on certain user's hardware.  Thanks @karaliux for the patch!
 - Fix to ensure Forktool's configs (~/.machinaris*/forktools/ftconfigs/) are persistent across container restarts.
 - Fix to quiet logrotate output from container stdout.  Too verbose.
 - Fix to incorrect commenting out of `pool_contract_address` on plotter systems. Please double-check your Settings | Plotting page!  Check Farming | Plots page for recent 'solo' plots.
 - Fix to Plotting | Workers page for graph showing tmp disk usage during plotting on mode=plotter systems.
 - Fix Farming | Workers page to show Daily Summaries for TrueNAS users with FQDN hostnames in their containers.
 - Fix - Blockchain download for fresh installs, use the new download paths provided by Maize team.

20211203_083145.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AsTuRkInG said:

I just updated and installed the new btcgreen add-on but it does not show up on the dashboard.
I see the blockchain is increasing so I guess it is updating.

be patient it takes a few minutes to get everything talking (or you set the ip's in the btcgreen container setup wrong)

Thank you Guy Davis, I sold my fork coins the other day (that I never would have bothered with if it wasn't for Machinaris) and got an additional 32gb ram with the cash

and I got a hand me down CPU from my Raptoreum rig upgrade.

now 2600x and 64gb @2933 should be enough for the next few months (until 3d v-cache upgrade gives another hand me down) 

Now I'm ready for all the forks (I just wish XCH would hurry up and pay for more drives, this price is harsh)

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mdrodge said:

be patient it takes a few minutes to get everything talking (or you set the ip's in the btcgreen container setup wrong)

Is setted like the other forks and all updated up to version 0.6.7 

At the log everything seems be fine

Welcome to Machinaris v0.6.7!
btcgreen - fullnode on x86_64
Configuring BTCGreen...
Adding key at path: /root/.chia/mnemonic.txt
Daemon not started yet
Starting daemon
btcgreen_harvester: started
btcgreen_farmer: started
btcgreen_full_node: started
btcgreen_wallet: started
Configuring Plotman...
Starting Machinaris API server...
Starting Machinaris Web server...
Completed startup. Browse to port 8926.

but still doesnt appear into the dashboard. How can I debug it?

1 hour ago, AsTuRkInG said:

Is set like the other forks and all updated up to version 0.6.7 

At the log everything seems be fine

Welcome to Machinaris v0.6.7!
btcgreen - fullnode on x86_64
Configuring BTCGreen...
Adding key at path: /root/.chia/mnemonic.txt
Daemon not started yet
Starting daemon
btcgreen_harvester: started
btcgreen_farmer: started
btcgreen_full_node: started
btcgreen_wallet: started
Configuring Plotman...
Starting Machinaris API server...
Starting Machinaris Web server...
Completed startup. Browse to port 8926.

but still doesnt appear into the dashboard. How can I debug it?

Above my pay grade I'm afraid dude but if you head over to discord https://discord.gg/mX4AtMTt87

someone will get you up and running in no time.

I ended up buying 4x of 16Gb to deal with the high memory consumption.  My Chia container is using 5.3Gb on its own.  I'm not really sure what kind of memory reduction forktools is doing.

On the bright side, I ended up finding out that 1 of my original sticks was bad anyway - probably only ran into the issue once I started using those last memory bits from running all the forks. :)

On 12/7/2021 at 9:26 PM, Einsteinjr said:

I ended up buying 4x of 16Gb to deal with the high memory consumption.

You too huh? Placed my order last night.

It seems Eth is responsible for GPUs being high priced, Chia for HDD and SSDs, and now Machinaris for memory. haha

Just playing, thanks for the development, i needed an excuse to upgrade from 32gb to 64gb.

3 hours ago, _cr8tor_ said:

You too huh? Placed my order last night.

It seems Eth is responsible for GPUs being high priced, Chia for HDD and SSDs, and now Machinaris for memory. haha

Just playing, thanks for the development, i needed an excuse to upgrade from 32gb to 64gb.

RAM usage seems to creep up consistently.  I just can't believe all of the gradual increase is from the blockchains increasing in size.  I'm already at 67% utilization of my 64GB of memory and it just keeps going up.  I'm running several other containers outside of Machinaris - but nothing more than ~4GB in total.

I don't know if there's a memory leak or what - but something doesn't seem quite right.

18 minutes ago, Einsteinjr said:

I don't know if there's a memory leak or what - but something doesn't seem quite right.

Well, if its a matter of chain size we should all have roughly the same docker size. These are as of 2021-12-09 at about mid day in the US. (and i did have to update one that increased while i was noting these down)

Machinaris                    3.994GiB
Machinaris-flax              2.721GiB
Machinaris-nchain          2.389GiB
Machinaris-hddcoin         2.12GiB
Machinaris-flora              2.061GiB
Machinaris-staicoin         1.5GiB
Machinaris-cactus          2.548GiB
Machinaris-stor              2.36GiB
Machinaris-cryptodoge    1.8GiB
Machinaris-maize            2.354GiB
Machinaris-btcgreen        2.46GiB

Total                              26.307GiB

+

image.thumb.png.80172c6da764e44f52f16376907986df.png

24 minutes ago, _cr8tor_ said:

Well, if its a matter of chain size we should all have roughly the same docker size. These are as of 2021-12-09 at about mid day in the US. (and i did have to update one that increased while i was noting these down)

Machinaris                    3.994GiB
Machinaris-flax              2.721GiB
Machinaris-nchain          2.389GiB
Machinaris-hddcoin         2.12GiB
Machinaris-flora              2.061GiB
Machinaris-staicoin         1.5GiB
Machinaris-cactus          2.548GiB
Machinaris-stor              2.36GiB
Machinaris-cryptodoge    1.8GiB
Machinaris-maize            2.354GiB
Machinaris-btcgreen        2.46GiB

Total                              26.307GiB

+

image.thumb.png.80172c6da764e44f52f16376907986df.png

Definitely does not match mine.  My cryptodoge container is taking 3Gb on its own.