[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

Anyone with ShibGreen port issues please check back soon an update has already been pushed (apparently)

Thanks Guy!

(or btcgreen port issues if you already have shibgreen)

You'll probably need to remove the Shibgreen template and reinstall (but the folder should be fine)

Edited by mdrodge
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, mdrodge said:

Anyone with ShibGreen port issues please check back soon an update has already been pushed (apparently)

Thanks Guy!

(or btcgreen port issues if you already have shibgreen)

You'll probably need to remove the Shibgreen template and reinstall (but the folder should be fine)

I was just about to post! Awesome!

Good day! Machinaris v0.6.8 is now available. Changes include:

•  SHIBGreen - cross-farming support for this blockchain fork.
  •  Support for pooling configuration of forks like Chives.
  •  Updated blockchains: Chives, Stor, Stai(coin)
  •  Various fixes for issues reported in the Discord.  Thanks all!

20220104_091502.png.e552673dbf8301dd1f0ac18b9ae4da50.png

Known Issues: 
 - Staicoin broken due to their blockchain renaming.  Run test stream for a working version.
 - Summary page for Chives - does not show Partial Proofs to Pools chart when pooling.

• Like 3
On 12/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, DoeBoye said:

There's an odd connection refused error for port 8926 (that appears in all my coin logs as well). Could that be causing issues? And what do I need to do to fix it?

Welcome to Machinaris v0.6.7!
maize - fullnode on x86_64
Configuring Maize...
Adding key at path: /root/.chia/mnemonic.txt
Daemon not started yet
Starting daemon
maize_harvester: started
maize_farmer: started
maize_full_node: started
maize_wallet: started
Configuring Plotman...
Starting Machinaris API server...
Starting Machinaris Web server...
Completed startup. Browse to port 8926.
connect: Connection refused
error: stat of /root/.chia/farmr/log*txt failed: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/python3.9/threading.py:233: RuntimeWarning: coroutine 'HarvesterAPI.new_signage_point_harvester.<locals>.lookup_challenge' was never awaited
self.acquire = lock.acquire
RuntimeWarning: Enable tracemalloc to get the object allocation traceback

The latest version seems to have fixed these connection refused errors as well for all my coins. ShibGreen is now working, and all logs are clean and happy! Thanks @guy.davis!!! :) Another awesome release!!

EDIT: Except for Staicoin, but that seems to be a known issue. I can wait for the next release for that fix :)

Edited by DoeBoye
  • Like 1

@guy.davis thanks for the new release!

I was successfully farming Silicoin from your develop branch until decided to add Maize fork which conflicts on controller/worker communication port 8933  

The TCP port to reach this worker at. Leave at 8933 for Silicoin blockchain.

The TCP port to reach this worker at. Leave at 8933 for Maize blockchain.

I assume if i choose different port for controller/worker communication it must be linked back on main Machinaris docker as well.

can you point where the changes has to be done

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, Andrew255 said:

@guy.davis thanks for the new release!

I was successfully farming Silicoin from your develop branch until decided to add Maize fork which conflicts on controller/worker communication port 8933  

I assume if i choose different port for controller/worker communication it must be linked back on main Machinaris docker as well.

can you point where the changes has to be done

Thanks again

Thanks for bringing that unsupported "Machinaris-Silicoin" package to my attention.  Those old images were two months out of date and definitely had stale code. I've now cleaned that up.  Machinaris does not offer a tested Silicoin package. See the old #silicoin channel in the Discord for details.

Currently running Machinaris v0.6.8 on my cache drive, /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris, which is spinning rust.   I get plenty of good connections.  8 pages of them in fact.  Problem is after a few hours, maybe 4 to 8 hours, more and more of them decide to get an 'SB Height' of 0 when they certainly don't start out that way.   Whether they just 'go' to zero, or good connections drop to be replaced with bad... who knows?  

I havent even begun to actually make new plots.  I just wanted to farm the plots I copied from my Windows machine.   So may have to get an SSD anyway.

I fully expect that running all this on spinning rust is sub optimal.   But come on, I expect that the only penalty should be slowness, not failure.  I see a bunch of this:

"It took 10.17s to apply 816 additions and 10 removals to the coin store. Make sure blockchain database is on a fast drive"
I know the blockchain database is not on a fast drive. Heck the wallet is not either.  I know my system is older-ish, but 32gb ram, 1gb service from Verizon Fios, and an i5 going 3.4mhz should be enough, right?  Sure smells like someone did not develop Chia while on spinning rust or they would have seen this problem.

Why do my plots go to an 'SB Height' of 0?

My system only shows 10% ram used.   Is there any way to tell this docker, or sqllite to go ahead and use more to speed things up?

My unraid  6.9.2 system:

Model: N/A

M/B: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87X-UD5H-CF Version x.x - s/n: To be filled by O.E.M.

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version 10c. Dated: 06/12/2014

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 256 KiB, 1 MB, 6 MB

Memory: 32 GiB DDR3 (max. installable capacity 32 GiB)

Network: eth0: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500
 eth1: interface down

Kernel: Linux 5.10.28-Unraid x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1j

Uptime: 

30 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Thanks for bringing that unsupported "Machinaris-Silicoin" package to my attention.  Those old images were two months out of date and definitely had stale code. I've now cleaned that up.  Machinaris does not offer a tested Silicoin package. See the old #silicoin channel in the Discord for details.

Can I still use different socket for  Silicoin since it worked for me and I already have some balance there? How can I change controller/worker port on Machinaris for different from the one you defined?

13 minutes ago, Andrew255 said:

Can I still use different socket for  Silicoin since it worked for me and I already have some balance there? How can I change controller/worker port on Machinaris for different from the one you defined?

Sorry, Machinaris does not offer a tested Silicoin package. See the old #silicoin channel in the Discord for details.

1 hour ago, Einsteinjr said:

Hi,

What's the most efficient way to tell Machinaris to recheck my plots?  I recall in previous versions being able to force check.

I have some plots reporting as invalid and other plots reported with no check at all (been like this for days).

Stop Machinaris container.
rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/plotman/checks
rm -f /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/plotman/status.json
Reset DB: https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Troubleshooting#reset-machinaris-database
Start Machinaris container.

• Thanks 2

for some reason my docker has stopped farming its been a couple of days now but im not sure why. when i check the block chain tab it says the below

Exception from 'show' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/chia-blockchain/chia/cmds/show.py", line 41, in show_async blockchain_state = await client.get_blockchain_state() File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/full_node_rpc_client.py", line 27, in get_blockchain_state response = await self.fetch("get_blockchain_state", {}) File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/rpc_client.py", line 49, in fetch raise ValueError(res_json) ValueError: {'error': "b'\\xd7\\x80\\xd2,z\\x87\\xc9\\xe0\\x1d\\x98\\xb4\\x9a\\t\\x10\\xf6p\\x1c;\\x95\\x01WA1k?\\xda\\x04.]{\\x81\\xd2'", 'success': False}

anyone know whats happened?  I haven't even touched it just leave it to do its thing

6 hours ago, SohailS said:

for some reason my docker has stopped farming its been a couple of days now but im not sure why. when i check the block chain tab it says the below

Exception from 'show' Traceback (most recent call last): File "/chia-blockchain/chia/cmds/show.py", line 41, in show_async blockchain_state = await client.get_blockchain_state() File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/full_node_rpc_client.py", line 27, in get_blockchain_state response = await self.fetch("get_blockchain_state", {}) File "/chia-blockchain/chia/rpc/rpc_client.py", line 49, in fetch raise ValueError(res_json) ValueError: {'error': "b'\\xd7\\x80\\xd2,z\\x87\\xc9\\xe0\\x1d\\x98\\xb4\\x9a\\t\\x10\\xf6p\\x1c;\\x95\\x01WA1k?\\xda\\x04.]{\\x81\\xd2'", 'success': False}

anyone know whats happened?  I haven't even touched it just leave it to do its thing

Sorry to hear that.  Yes, Chia can be a bit finicky at times.   Please see the wiki for troubleshooting tips.

Hi,

I'm looking for guidance as to where to check if anything is going wrong with my setup. In short, i'm farming three Chia alts only, as i'm still using hpool for Chia itself. So my Machinaris setup is the Machinaris main docker plus the dockers for flax, flora and hddcoin, all using the same set of plot drives, totalling just under 40TB of non-pooling (OG) plots.

I've not added any plots folders for Chia itself, as i'm using hpool as mentioned, in a separate docker. But the others all have the exact same plot folders configured. Here's the thing: I'm winning Flora very regularly, but nothing at all for HDDCoin or Flax, beyond wins i've had in the past, pre-Machinaris.

Chia - Expected Time to Win: Never (no plots)

Flax - Expected Time to Win: 2 weeks and 4 days

Flora - Expected Time to Win: 1 week

Hddcoin - Expected Time to Win: 1 week and 6 days

The 'Challenges from Harvesters' graphs look fine (obviously the Chia one is empty). Almost all challenges responded well under a second, with occasional peaks up to a handful of seconds at most.

The blockchains all read 'Full Node Synced', each coin has multiple pages of connections to peers, the alerts tab only shows occasional 'skipped signage points' messages from HDDcoin - its kind of hard to read since the Chia harvester offline warning swamps the alerts (Feature Request: Machinaris for Chia alts only - allow disabling Chia itself!)

The system has been up and running, and stable, for a couple of months now. As I say, I see semi-regular wins on Flora, but not on Flax or HDDcoin.

Any pointers on what to check? Or am I just seriously unlucky?

5 hours ago, mungler said:

I'm looking for guidance as to where to check if anything is going wrong with my setup. In short, i'm farming three Chia alts only, as i'm still using hpool for Chia itself. So my Machinaris setup is the Machinaris main docker plus the dockers for flax, flora and hddcoin, all using the same set of plot drives, totalling just under 40TB of non-pooling (OG) plots.

Yes, Machinaris expects that you are farming Chia first and foremost with it.  Forks are added secondarily.  Not sure everything will work with the customized deployment (no Chia) you have taken.  Hopefully most things however. 

I've not added any plots folders for Chia itself, as i'm using hpool as mentioned, in a separate docker. But the others all have the exact same plot folders configured. Here's the thing: I'm winning Flora very regularly, but nothing at all for HDDCoin or Flax, beyond wins i've had in the past, pre-Machinaris.

Chia - Expected Time to Win: Never (no plots)

Flax - Expected Time to Win: 2 weeks and 4 days

Flora - Expected Time to Win: 1 week

Hddcoin - Expected Time to Win: 1 week and 6 days

The 'Challenges from Harvesters' graphs look fine (obviously the Chia one is empty). Almost all challenges responded well under a second, with occasional peaks up to a handful of seconds at most.

The blockchains all read 'Full Node Synced', each coin has multiple pages of connections to peers, the alerts tab only shows occasional 'skipped signage points' messages from HDDcoin - its kind of hard to read since the Chia harvester offline warning swamps the alerts (Feature Request: Machinaris for Chia alts only - allow disabling Chia itself!)

Chiadog in the Chia container can be disabled by editing the Settings | Alerts page for the Chia container.  See: https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/ChiaDog#configuration

The system has been up and running, and stable, for a couple of months now. As I say, I see semi-regular wins on Flora, but not on Flax or HDDcoin. Any pointers on what to check? Or am I just seriously unlucky?

It sounds like you may just be unlucky, assuming your `flax farm summary` is working (check at command-line too via `docker exec -it machinaris-hddcoin bash`).  Also, you said, your blockchain challenges are happening for the Flax and HDDCoin forks so that is probably not the issue.  Finally, I would recommend you check the fd-cli.log file found in:
/mnt/user/appdata/machinaris-hddcoin/machinaris/logs/fd-cli.log for NFT Reward Recovery. Details here: https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/Forks#farm-chia-plots  Hope this helps.

Has anyone successfully farmed a chive currency on here? I can't see anything wrong with the logs, but I'm still sitting at zero after at least 8 weeks of farming 90TB of plots.

Curiously, when I tried doing a pool with chives, the pool summary (I tried 2 different pools) always thought I had zero plots.

16 minutes ago, Einsteinjr said:

Has anyone successfully farmed a chive currency on here? I can't see anything wrong with the logs, but I'm still sitting at zero after at least 8 weeks of farming 90TB of plots.

Curiously, when I tried doing a pool with chives, the pool summary (I tried 2 different pools) always thought I had zero plots.

Chive requires k29 to k31 sized plots. Are you using the standard k32 sized plot?

• Thanks 1
On 12/21/2021 at 12:53 PM, Einsteinjr said:

~1 week of running all of the containers available (when already synced).  It grows from ~25GB all the way to 36GB - and it is still growing.

Screenshot 2021-12-21 115023.png

Here is top of the OG machinaris container, using 6GB of memory.  I am only assigning 2 CPU cores so I wonder why there are 8 threads of chia_full_node running

PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU  %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                                                                           
 3974 root      20   0 2283572   1.7g  16500 S  10.0   2.8   1274:04 chia_full_node                                                                                    
 3931 root      20   0 6387592  78208  15068 S   1.3   0.1  71:33.78 chia_harvester                                                                                    
   59 root      20   0   27588  21924   7660 S   0.3   0.0   0:30.79 gunicorn: maste                                                                                   
   89 root      20   0  209648  86520   6700 S   0.3   0.1  26:03.03 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   
   90 root      20   0  209668  86548   6700 S   0.3   0.1  24:45.01 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   
 4007 root      20   0 1237400 922860   6964 S   0.3   1.4 178:45.27 chia_full_node                                                                                    
    1 root      20   0    4208   2408   2120 S   0.0   0.0   0:03.68 bash                                                                                              
   38 root      20   0  295416  62068  15100 S   0.0   0.1  15:11.01 chia_daemon                                                                                       
   57 root      20   0  683320 114912  15652 S   0.0   0.2  19:28.68 gunicorn: maste                                                                                   
   63 root      20   0   80332  57928   7828 S   0.0   0.1   0:03.49 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   
  447 root      20   0  250360  30992   9412 S   0.0   0.0   6:57.95 python3                                                                                           
 3938 root      20   0  246040  79692  15080 S   0.0   0.1  58:18.88 chia_farmer                                                                                       
 3999 root      20   0 1171912 935384  16244 S   0.0   1.4  77:29.84 chia_wallet                                                                                       
 4010 root      20   0 1304988 922820   6908 S   0.0   1.4 177:55.76 chia_full_node                                                                                    
 4015 root      20   0 1308952 931644   7524 S   0.0   1.4  57:20.41 chia_full_node                                                                                    
 8647 root      20   0 1749620   1.2g   7580 S   0.0   1.9  39:47.02 chia_full_node                                                                                    
10637 root      20   0 1517596 988.6m   8708 S   0.0   1.5  57:28.38 chia_full_node                                                                                    
28369 root      20   0    2628    720    628 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.25 sh                                                                                                
28378 root      20   0    4472   3840   3196 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 bash                                                                                              
28811 root      20   0    7116   3600   3040 R   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 top                                                                                               
28812 root      20   0    2536    768    684 S   0.0   0.0   0:00.00 sleep                                                                                          
32709 root      20   0   79472  57116   7980 S   0.0   0.1   0:01.13 gunicorn: worke                                                                                   

Hi, I haven't forgotten about this memory usage issue.  Please see this discussion in the Discord's #development channel around decreasing peer counts when synced.  I wonder if this would help.