[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

2 hours ago, Grobalt said:

First - thanks for the docker, i tried to move my installation to an unraid setup to be more flexible, so i am copying 24 disks step by step. Machinaris was installed some days ago and sync is nearly done, wallet is already finished. But somehow the plots are recognized, the pool connection is back alive as before, but it is not farming. Harvester appears to be offline.

7.thumb.PNG.b18c59a6da642afb54d8ab3d09b590c2.PNG5.thumb.PNG.6201c64384f3eff170b35b2cee6ecf1c.PNG

Hi, welcome to Machinaris!  Everything looks good, however your Chia fullnode is still syncing the blockchain.  From your screenshot, the peak height of the blockchain is back in May of this year.  Hopefully, the fullnode progresses quickly to the current time.  At that point, your fullnode will start farming and you will no longer receive "Harvester offline" alerts.  Hope this helps!

EDIT: Here are details of syncing vs farming status for even the official Chia client.

Edited by guy.davis
Provided link.
2 hours ago, demdream said:

Since a few days, I no longer received notification with new entries. 

In received only the daily resume but always with 0 XCH received even if I win a block or I received something by the pool.  Any idea what happened ? It always worked fine...

Okay, I traced down the root cause of this... Chia 1.5.1 changing the format of 'Adding coin...' log messages again.  I just pushed a fix to :develop stream so please give that a try.  Thanks for the report and sorry for the inconvenience.

14 hours ago, Grobalt said:

Thanks guy.davis, since sync is complete the unraid node is running flawless with machinaris. So i tried to change my bare metal farmer to docker and machinaris as well, but i needed to open a bug report as the interface does not show any plots but is farming without any issue, but it needed several restarts until all plots were loaded.

https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/issues/763

Thanks for the report.  Happy to look into the issues you are facing with over 110,000 plots in your Chia farm running Machinaris.  Please ensure you follow the guidelines for Scaling.  Don't hesitate to drop into the Discord for additonal help.

• Thanks 1

For anyone having RAM capacity issues, I ended up getting a second gen AMD Epyc that supports 8x 32GB sticks.  Got it from China (ebay) and am quite pleased.  Almost 3x more points in CPU Benchmarks from my previous system.

Power consumption from a 8th gen I7 8700 to this is only about 80 more watts to operate.  Not bad for lots of PCI-E channels, more RAM slots, and 3x more cores. I also live in an area where power is cheaper (0.13 USD/kwhr)

Only downside is if you use your system for Plex.  You have to figure out the optimal hardware transcoding + power consumption since you lose the Intel iGPU transcoding beast.  I don't like how much software transcoding uses the CPU.

• Like 1

I've been blindly installing the TEST build for all the different dockers but I don't know which of the dockers need to have their database upgraded to save disk space.

A cool new feature might be a tool that at least identifies which of the dockers need to be upgraded with the new datastore.  v2 could be the actual upgrading process.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Einsteinjr said:

I've been blindly installing the TEST build for all the different dockers but I don't know which of the dockers need to have their database upgraded to save disk space.

A cool new feature might be a tool that at least identifies which of the dockers need to be upgraded with the new datastore.  v2 could be the actual upgrading process.

Good suggestion, this notification feature was actually added to Machinaris v0.8.0, released 3 months ago.  However, here are the legacy blockchains still stuck using a v1 format: 'bpx', 'ecostake', 'flora', 'gold', 'hddcoin', 'mint', 'nchain', 'petroleum', 'profit', 'silicoin', 'stor'.

For a particular blockchain, visit the Warnings pane of the individual fullnode, by clicking into the worker from the table on main Workers page.  If a v1 database is present and a v2 database is *probably* supported, a warning will be shown there.  Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, karldonteljames said:

Could someone tell me the command line i need to use to transfer out my chia balance in my local wallet to my cold wallet please?

Hi!  Please try this from within the Machinaris container

chia wallet send --help

This will show the arguments (wallet_id #, amount and target address) you'll need.  If moving a lot of XCH, I'd recommend trying one small send transaction first, verifying it works, then sending another with the remainder later.

Greetings! Machinaris v0.8.4 is now available. Changes include:

• Scaling-Down: Optional mode where wallets are synced daily, not run 24/7.  Saves ~35% memory so smaller farmers can farm more blockchains concurrently on the same machine. See Wallets page, top-right Settings.
  • Scaling-Up: Improved plot tracking efficiency for multi-PB sized farms. Thanks @grobalt!
  • Warnings for duplicated, invalid, or key-less plots.  See Farming page.
  • Update: Flax to v0.1.10, Cactus to v1.5.2, Chia to v1.6.0
  • Security: Disable Setup page's mnemonic import field autocomplete from caching value in your local browser. Thanks @Baatezu!
  • Fixes: Better handling of farmed block logging for certain blockchains like Apple & BPX, Alerts from Chia 1.5.1 for added coins missing due to blockchain logging changes.  Improved Smartctl response processing. Thanks @gnomuz!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Greetings! Machinaris v0.8.4 is now available. Changes include:

• Scaling-Down: Optional mode where wallets are synced daily, not run 24/7.  Saves ~35% memory so smaller farmers can farm more blockchains concurrently on the same machine. See Wallets page, top-right Settings.
  • Scaling-Up: Improved plot tracking efficiency for multi-PB sized farms. Thanks @grobalt!
  • Warnings for duplicated, invalid, or key-less plots.  See Farming page.
  • Update: Flax to v0.1.10, Cactus to v1.5.2, Chia to v1.6.0
  • Security: Disable Setup page's mnemonic import field autocomplete from caching value in your local browser. Thanks @Baatezu!
  • Fixes: Better handling of farmed block logging for certain blockchains like Apple & BPX, Alerts from Chia 1.5.1 for added coins missing due to blockchain logging changes.  Improved Smartctl response processing. Thanks @gnomuz!

So maybe I didn't need to upgrade to farm them all! 

Thanks for the update!

• Like 1

Hi, having issues accessing the web UI. 

It starts to load then I get a:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

It seems I am still farming no problem.

I've tried deleting the machinaris DB and that didn't fix it.

I am on the latest version.

1 hour ago, Candle said:

Hi, having issues accessing the web UI. 

It starts to load then I get a:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

It seems I am still farming no problem.

I've tried deleting the machinaris DB and that didn't fix it.

I am on the latest version.

Sorry to hear that.  Please troubleshoot the `webui.log` to see the cause of the error.  Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Sorry to hear that.  Please troubleshoot the `webui.log` to see the cause of the error.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,

On Unraid:

Stop the Machinaris container from Unraid Admin UI | Docker tab.

From the Unraid Console, delete all the database files with: rm -f /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/machinaris/dbs/*.db

Start the Machinaris container from Unraid Admin UI | Docker tab.

Wait 10-15 minutes for data to re-populate, then browse to http://UNRAID_TOWER_NAME:8926

Did this and it worked.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, karldonteljames said:

Good evening all. Thanks for the help, I eventually managed to transfer out my chia balance and then moved it from my cold wallet, however machinaris is still showing that there is a balance in my cold wallet, it's been like this for a little over a week, but it shows as updated today. How do I get this to resync?

Hi, so the cold wallet balances are pulled from AllTheBlocks.  So, to check for yourself, enter the exact same cold wallet address you put into the Machinaris WebUI Wallets page, into the Search box in the top-right of the ATB site to view the wallet balance, at least as known to ATB.

Example:  https://alltheblocks.net/chia/address/xch123456789

Hope this helps.