[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

17 hours ago, whiskeykilo said:

Maybe I'm missing something but how do I transfer finished plots? Does Machinaris handle this automatically or do I need to issue a command? My plots appear to go into DSK status when finished instead of transitioning to farming

The completed plots will move from being shown on the Plotting page to being listed on the Farming page, only when fully complete. Hope this helps.

19 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Yup, that sounds good.  With a 350 GB sized cache pool, you'll probably get one plot at a time, so you may need to decrease the default plotman.yaml settings.  You'll know if the temp cache drive hits 100% and your plotting gets hung. 

Thanks !  Can I just change that while the docker is running ? 

It kind of looks like the process has halted ?

plotman.JPG

1 hour ago, Helmonder said:

Thanks !  Can I just change that while the docker is running ? 

It kind of looks like the process has halted ?

plotman.JPG

Yes, those phase 3 are some of the biggest.  Double-check your temp drive is at 100% full to be sure.  If not, leave it running. 

But if 100% full, then leave the Machinaris container running but:

1. Stop Plotman -> This prevents another plot from being started.
  2. Select both plots and 'Kill Selected' -> This stops both plots and cleans up all temp they were using.
  3. Check your temp drive, should be empty again.
  4. Go to Settings | Plotting and look for tmpdir_max_jobs and global_max_jobs.  I'd dial them both down from 2 to 1 with a 350 GB temp space.  Save the changes.
  5. Start Plotman on Plotting page.  Should immediately see one plot at a time going.

Hope this helps.

96a5bd0668330c0774107d8cbe60ec30.jpg

Its still just sitting there…. Cache drive has more then enough free… 100g+ ..

I removed the plots and restarted the process with 1 plot at a time.. I had been fiddling with the type of cache drive (Only, Prefered). I can imagine that had created some conflicting data.. Since this morning it is tugging along at its first plot and now sitting at 3:4 but still running.. So I am guessing all is fine now !

Edited by Helmonder
7 hours ago, jbanik said:

Hello! 

thanks for this amazing container!

in the new version is chiadog included, but when i install the app complete new there are no alerts. it says „coming soon“. What is the problem here?

thanks!

Current release from last week doesn't have the Chiadog integration yet.  Currently in test image. If you'd like to try the test version now, switch your Repository line Docker Edit config for Machinaris to

ghcr.io/guydavis/machinaris:test

(notice the :test on the end).  Otherwise, it will be available later this week on the mainline once tested.  Glad you're finding it helpful.

Edited by guy.davis
  • Like 1

To run this in Plotter mode only, are these the correct changes (variables added) that need to be made to the docker (See attached image). Is there any other changes required?

Also, do we need to remove the mnemonic.txt file from the chia root folder?

Thanks!

image.png

Edited by DoeBoye
15 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

To run this in Plotter mode only, are these the correct changes (variables added) that need to be made to the docker (See attached image). Is there any other changes required?

Also, do we need to remove the mnemonic.txt file from the chia root folder?

Thanks!

image.png

Good question, I've been plotting on windows machines with 'mode=plotter' and  'keys=/root/.chia/mnemonic.txt' just like the other modes.  I know that works. 

However, it's best practice to not put private key mnemonic on a plotting only machine.  So in test version (ghcr.io/guydavis/machinaris:test), there is support for not putting mnemonic.txt file down, but rather using farmer_pk and pool_pk. 

Above looks good.  If it works, you'll see that on start-up, Settings | Plotting should already have your farmer_pk and pool_pk at the bottom of the plotman.yaml file. 

Any problems, please create an issue in Github.  Also, feel free to join the Discord group for live support.

Edited by guy.davis
  • Thanks 1

So i set this up last night

Started it plotting and was at around 170gb for 2 plots. This morning it had stopped plotting and no sign of the plots.
Drive still has a bunch of plot files on it (still on the ssd)

how can i find out what went wrong?

guess i have to manually remove the files and cant resume?

edit: Ran a single plot today and it seemed to complete ok, was also after sync had completed not sure if that made a difference. will just keep them running one at a time i guess for now

Edited by macmanluke

Didn't you run out of space on your plotting drive, perhaps? Although final size is ~100Gb, temporary size is much bigger. If it runs out of space, everything stops and you have to manually remove the files and start from scratch.

@gui.davis

Installed this image so that I have access to a simple GUI and everything running smooth on my very small "farmland". Thanks!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, macmanluke said:

nah there was plenty of space basically empty 1TB SSD (and when it had failed it still had 550+GB free)

Good day!  Please take a look at the log files for each Plotman plotting job.  Found in /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/plotman/logs on Unraid.  Hope this helps!

16 hours ago, SuperDan said:

Quick question.

If I set my plots directory and plotting directory to the same physical location when its done plotting will it just rename the temp plot to the completed plot file or will it try to copy it?

Welcome! I think that is an open PR for the Plotman project, but you could give it a test to see what happens.  Might error out about being unable to move the file.

Edited by guy.davis
32 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

Welcome! I think that is an open PR for the Plotman project, but you could give it a test to see what happens.  Might error out about being unable to move the file.

Thanks for the reply!

I ended up setting the tmp2 directory to the plots directory. After the job completed I checked the logs and confirmed it just renamed the file after it was done. So, same effect I guess as pointing temp to plots.

• Like 1

Hi -  I generated a key when I installed this,then deleted the mnemonic.txt, then I copied my own mnemonic.txt - now it shows I have 2 wallets (I only want one).  In the wallet section, it looks like a console prompt  but keys will not respond eg 1/2/q within the web page to select or quit- anyone know how to fix please?

Thanks

Edited by shimlapinks

on my summary page it shows total plots as 214. On the farming page it only shows 170 plots.

I saw in an early post there was a fix coming for multiple plot directories in 0.2 I have version 0.2.1 installed was this fix included.

I also see on your wiki the farming page shows time to win. This seems to be missing on my farming page? 

1 hour ago, shimlapinks said:

Hi -  I generated a key when I installed this,then deleted the mnemonic.txt, then I copied my own mnemonic.txt - now it shows I have 2 wallets (I only want one).  In the wallet section, it looks like a console prompt below but keys will not respond eg 1/2/q within the web page to select or quit- anyone know how to fix please?

Thanks

Capture.PNG.277b6e71ee8b62ff234363c6dcf322d9.PNG

Figured it out

To fix, I just deleted one of the empty wallets via the console

wallet says not in sync now but hopefuly that will iron itself out.

Edited by shimlapinks
spelling
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, doma_2345 said:

on my summary page it shows total plots as 214. On the farming page it only shows 170 plots.

I saw in an early post there was a fix coming for multiple plot directories in 0.2 I have version 0.2.1 installed was this fix included.

I also see on your wiki the farming page shows time to win. This seems to be missing on my farming page? 

Nice plotting!  Check out this FAQ on running multiple completed plots directories.  Basically, you need two Unraid volume mounts and must set a 'plots_dir' env variable with both in-container paths, colon-separated.  Current release (last Friday) is v0.2.1.  Test release is v0.3.0, coming soon.  To try now, use Repository: ghcr.io/guydavis/machinaris:test  Hope this helps!  

Edited by guy.davis
2nd question
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Good day!  Please take a look at the log files for each Plotman plotting job.  Found in /mnt/user/appdata/machinaris/plotman/logs on Unraid.  Hope this helps!

Does not seem to say anything useful, they just end without finishing

Had 3 finish yesterday but it failed again last night (looks like right at the start of one last night)
Interestingly both nights looks like it stopped just after 3am
when i come back in the morning the web browser window has also disconnected and needs a refresh