[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI


Recommended Posts

I am setting up a remote harvester on an unraid machine using this container. Everytime I start the container the farmer_peer host seems to reset to null and wont connect to my full node running on another machine in the lan. I already imported the ssl keys and everything else. I am having trouble with this. I am running the machinaris:develop container 

 

harvester:
  chia_ssl_ca:
    crt: config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.crt
    key: config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.key
  farmer_peer:
    host: 'null'
    port: 8447

Edited by wdaniel52601
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, wdaniel52601 said:

I am setting up a remote harvester on an unraid machine using this container. Everytime I start the container the farmer_peer host seems to reset to null and wont connect to my full node running on another machine in the lan. I already imported the ssl keys and everything else. I am having trouble with this.

 

harvester:
  chia_ssl_ca:
    crt: config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.crt
    key: config/ssl/ca/chia_ca.key
  farmer_peer:
    host: 'null'
    port: 8447

I added -e controller_host=10.0.0.100 to extra parameters and I now get this but it doesn't work still.

vivaldi_hd7W5Syi21.png

Link to comment
49 minutes ago, wdaniel52601 said:

I added -e controller_host=10.0.0.100 to extra parameters and I now get this but it doesn't work still.

vivaldi_hd7W5Syi21.png

 

Hi, sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please switch to main release, rather than :develop branch.  Also, try setting the worker's IP in worker_address on the worker launch as the fullnode can't reach it by name.  So assuming the worker has started successfully (check the logs), then its either a DNS issue or firewall. 

Link to comment

Edited : Figured out the problem. Thank you

Didn't realize there were three thing I had to put in.

Had the farmer address missing.

-t -e controller_host=10.0.0.100 -e farmer_address=10.0.0.100 -e worker_address=10.0.0.90

Edited by wdaniel52601
  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, suyac said:

Hello, I have a question.

Is it enough to join a pool for the generated plots to be portable or do I need to do more ?

 

Thanks !

All you need are some portable plots and you're good to go. Make sure they are plotted with the correct farmer_pk, pool_contract_address keys. You can find this in the bottom of the plotman.yaml file.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

recently decided to join the Chia craze and may as well utilize my unraid server as its sitting idle most of the time.  my plan is to use additional storage to do this.

 

What i have so far:

 

I have created a new cache pool just for Chia

3 14tb hard drives to use as unassigned devices

 

what i need:

HELP!!!

so i think i need to install this container,

do i already need to have registered first for Chia? can i do it in this container?

is there an idiots guide?

 

any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Link to comment

Hi all, This has probably been discussed already but there are alot of posts on this forum to go through... 

 

I am looking at add a synology NAS share that holds some plots to my farm. 


I have added "unasighned devices" plugin and have created a shere that i mount at my unraid start. 

 

However, I cannot work out how to add the plots share to my farm config 

 

I have added the below config to the "plot_directories" 

 

  num_threads: 30
  plot_directories:
  - /plots
  - /mnt/remotes/SYNOLOGY_Chia/Plots
  plot_loading_frequency_seconds: 120
  

however, they are not loading on my farm... how would I go about fixing this as so the plots in the remote share will load on my unraid farm? 

 

Thanks 

SImon 

Link to comment
16 minutes ago, nommiiss said:

Hi all, This has probably been discussed already but there are alot of posts on this forum to go through... 

 

I am looking at add a synology NAS share that holds some plots to my farm. 


I have added "unasighned devices" plugin and have created a shere that i mount at my unraid start. 

 

However, I cannot work out how to add the plots share to my farm config 

 

I have added the below config to the "plot_directories" 

 

  num_threads: 30
  plot_directories:
  - /plots
  - /mnt/remotes/SYNOLOGY_Chia/Plots
  plot_loading_frequency_seconds: 120
  

however, they are not loading on my farm... how would I go about fixing this as so the plots in the remote share will load on my unraid farm? 

 

Thanks 

SImon 

 

Edited by nommiiss
Link to comment

just wanted to make sure this was correct. I have a standard wallet and 2 pooling wallets. My pool I joined is on wallet ID 2, and it appears to be functioning properly. Wasn't sure if wallet ID 3 should be any concern. I had joined and left another pool previously before figuring out how to properly setup my pool and plotting. Only wallet ID 2 and 3 show up on my pooling page. I'm seeing frequent partials as well on my pool.

 

image.png.9c31e11841fec1e225a7ff21f1aa5c7b.png

image.png.cb5d0c0f7b2e25210cbd180e95d953b1.png

image.png.5dfa93ce6b1cdf7044d907c4aa2e9665.png

Edited by sworcery
  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Yeah, sorry again for this.  To fully correct, you want your `plots_dir` to have Key: plots_dir  (not /plots).  Like this:

 

 

Hey, thanks for replying and also thanks for developing this. For the record, the 'culprit' is the 2nd entry of plots_dir which doesn't have an edit button. That being said, I did change this one to the correct value (along with the first one). I also had to go into config.yaml and and manually add the 2nd folder. Now I have this in there:

 

plot_directories:
  - /plotting2
  - /plots
  - /plots,/plotting2

 

Everything works as intended now and I do see everything properly listed on the farming page. Thanks!

 

image.thumb.png.fd301f2a89793370010d45d67577b56a.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey all. I'm successfully running a full node on my unraid setup and it's going well, but I have another temp drive that I can be running a second plotter on. How can I add another docker to my same setup as just a plotter, and a seperate config, etc etc? I've tried already with no success. The WebGUI brings up the same instance, even though I've named it differently during setup. Is there any info on setting up an additional docker to run along side the main node as a plotter only? Thanks for any help!

 

 

Link to comment
On 7/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, guy.davis said:

NOTE: There is a known issue related to environment variables for Machinaris container in Unraid.  Please ensure you:

  1. Expand the 'Advanced View' switch when editing Machinaris container settings on Unraid | Docker tab.
  2. Click the 'Show more settings' link to expand all settings.
  3. Verify that you do not have duplicates of env vars: plots_dir, blockchains, and auto_plot.  
  4. If you have duplicates, delete the one where the name is not equal to key, then restart Machinaris.

Apologies if I missed it, but how do I go about deleting these extra environment variables? There is no Edit/Remove buttons beside the extra variables...

 

image.png

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, DoeBoye said:

Apologies if I missed it, but how do I go about deleting these extra environment variables? There is no Edit/Remove buttons beside the extra variables...

 

image.png

Click on advanced view. there you can add/delete all variables.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Posted (edited)

 

4 hours ago, HATEME said:

Is there a way to figure out which plots are portable and which are solo or OG plots? I have them separated, but not sure if the plotter is configured right.

 

Currently, not through the Machinaris interface.  However, you can run a plot check and look for 'Pool public key' to be set to None, which implies a 'pool contract address' instead.  Like this: 

image.thumb.png.a6155725e451ed95c130850b4a7c4d2a.png

Edited by guy.davis
Link to comment
5 hours ago, unt0uchable said:

Hey all. I'm successfully running a full node on my unraid setup and it's going well, but I have another temp drive that I can be running a second plotter on. How can I add another docker to my same setup as just a plotter, and a seperate config, etc etc? I've tried already with no success. The WebGUI brings up the same instance, even though I've named it differently during setup. Is there any info on setting up an additional docker to run along side the main node as a plotter only? Thanks for any help!

 

Glad to hear Machinaris is working well for you.  No need to launch a second instance of Machinaris.  You can use multiple temp plotting drives.  From just one install, you can run multiple concurrent plot processes.  Works best with chia plotter, though some are experimenting with staggered Madmax (like 2 at a time offset) I think.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Hi! No need to edit config.yaml of Chia directly.  Just set the 'plots_dir' variable to be the in-container paths to each volume.  

 

In particular, there is a in-container path of '/plots' which might map to Unraid host path of: /mnt/user/data/chia_plots

You also have an Unraid host path of '/mnt/remotes/SYNOLOGY_Chia/Plots', so make sure you volume mount it as '/plots2' or similar as the in-container path.

 

Then 'plots_dir' variable for you would be:  /plots:/plots2 

 

Notice that no Unraid host paths are in the plots_dir variable, only the in-container volume mount paths they map to.

 

Hope this helps.  Finally, be sure to switch to "Advanced View" when editing Machinaris config in Unraid Docker tab.  Delete any duplicate Variables where name not equal to key.  Once you've verified all settings, click Done and Machinaris will restart.

Edited by guy.davis
Link to comment
10 hours ago, SohailS said:

recently decided to join the Chia craze and may as well utilize my unraid server as its sitting idle most of the time.  my plan is to use additional storage to do this.

 

What i have so far:

 

I have created a new cache pool just for Chia

3 14tb hard drives to use as unassigned devices

 

what i need:

HELP!!!

so i think i need to install this container,

do i already need to have registered first for Chia? can i do it in this container?

is there an idiots guide?

 

any suggestions would be appreciated :)

 

Great, to have you on board. No need to register, you can start with Machinaris and create a new key.  Take a look at the Unraid installation steps.  Support info at the top of that page if you get stuck.

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, SohailS said:

Great thanks for the info :) will take a look and see how i get on

should i be looking to join a pool?

 

Yes, joining a pool is a good idea.  Machinaris v0.5.0 was released just last week with support for official Chia pools.  Take a look at the wiki docs and give it a try.  

Link to comment
1 hour ago, guy.davis said:

 

Yes, joining a pool is a good idea.  Machinaris v0.5.0 was released just last week with support for official Chia pools.  Take a look at the wiki docs and give it a try.  

great thanks i think im going to figure this out before i join a pool, i would like to understand whats going on first :) 

 

now i see something about madmax to help me create faster plots.  i have read through the page on the wiki but not sure i get it.  is there an addon i need to get or is it inbuilt and i need to only replace the settings with the one in the wiki?

Link to comment

Hello, I'm having an issue with the 0.5.0 version and PlotsNFT.

I'm already using Machinaris since few weeks in a separate wallet for solo Plot.

 

My new PlotsNFT has been created with a new separate wallet and I successfully farmed via Windows GUI.

I create a new Machinaris instance with the new wallet, node is synced, wallet is synced and I can saw the pool join under the relative section.

However, in Machinaris dashboard Chia Netspace is always "?" and no plots shows. If I run "chia plots check" i received this warning: "WARNING  Plot /xxx/xxx.plot has a farmer public key that is not in the farmer's pk list."

 

I read in some thread that for harvester you need to export CA from the main node, but in my case I have setted up a full node, so for what I understand CA copy shound be necessary.

 

Any suggestion? Thanks

 

Link to comment
53 minutes ago, SohailS said:

great thanks i think im going to figure this out before i join a pool, i would like to understand whats going on first :) 

 

now i see something about madmax to help me create faster plots.  i have read through the page on the wiki but not sure i get it.  is there an addon i need to get or is it inbuilt and i need to only replace the settings with the one in the wiki?

 

Machinaris bundles latest Madmax plotter, controlled through the WebUI.  You can switch by changing "plotting:type:" field on Settings | Plotting page.  Take a look at the wiki for Madmax, including sample config.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.