[Support] Machinaris - Chia cryptocurrency farming + Plotman plotting + Unraid WebUI

Hi,

I am new to Machinaris, i got everything set up quite smoothly however when i start plotting using madmax, my Phase 1: Table 1 time is in 1300+ seconds and i realised that Madmax is not utilizing much of my CPU (Only ~10% utilization)

When i run Madmax on my other desktop instead, it utilizes 100% of my CPU and creates a full plot under 60 mins. 

I have tested all plotter configuration

threads 4 to 6

buckets P1 128 to 512 etc

My unraid server specs

Ryzen 5 5600G

32GB RAM

Samsung 980 NVME 1TB

Edited by dukesg
3 hours ago, dukesg said:

Hi,

I am new to Machinaris, i got everything set up quite smoothly however when i start plotting using madmax, my Phase 1: Table 1 time is in 1300+ seconds and i realised that Madmax is not utilizing much of my CPU (Only ~10% utilization)

When i run Madmax on my other desktop instead, it utilizes 100% of my CPU and creates a full plot under 60 mins. 

I have tested all plotter configuration

threads 4 to 6

buckets P1 128 to 512 etc

My unraid server specs

Ryzen 5 5600G

32GB RAM

Samsung 980 NVME 1TB

Make sure that you are pinning all of your cpu cores to the container.  It's under the advanced settings of the container.

• Thanks 1

Good day! Machinaris v0.7.2 is now available. Changes include:

• Drives monitoring page - allow overrides of smartctl commands for special hardware. Drive failure alerts thru our enhanced Chiadog.
  • Alerts: per-notifier ignore setting to prevent unwanted alerts, based on criteria.
  • German translations of the Machinaris WebUI by @ApfelBirneKreis.  Big thanks!
  • Chia - v1.3.3 release, various minor bug fixes
  • Chia - v1.3.4 release, upgrade fullnode before harvesters
  • Chia - v1.3.5 release, fixes their `chia version` number offset
  • Staicoin - v1.2 release - careful, bugs reported on their Discord, but seems to be working...

Notes:
 - Chia Devs recommend updating fullnode before updating harvesters when moving to latest Chia network.

Edited by guy.davis
  • 1 month later...

Good day!  Machinaris v0.8.0 is now available. Changes include: 
 - Charting of each blockchain's netspace, farmed coins, and wallet balances over the past month.
 - Tracking farmed blocks sent directly to cold wallet. Set your cold wallet addresses on the Wallets page.
 - Added a read-only transactions viewer for each blockchain's wallet, available from Wallets page.
 - Alerts: per-notifier allow setting to allow only selected alerts, based on criteria.
 - Chia - v1.4.0, after a month of pre-release testing with Machinaris.
 - Cactus - v1.3.4, matches Chia 1.3.4, please run: cactus db upgrade
 - Chives - v1.3.1, please run: chives db upgrade
 - Cryptodoge - v1.3.4, matches Chia 1.3.4, please run: cryptodoge db upgrade
 - Flax - v0.1.9, matches Chia 1.4.0, please run: flax db upgrade if you haven't yet
 - MMX - updated version for their testnet6 network.

Example of a forked blockchain's wallet:

20220630_201407.thumb.png.e47100d93e0f925e904accee66d1decf.png

Links:
 - https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/releases/tag/0.8.0
 - https://github.com/guydavis/machinaris/wiki/ChiaDog#ignore-alerts
 - https://github.com/Chia-Network/chia-blockchain/releases/tag/1.4.0
 - https://github.com/Cactus-Network/cactus-blockchain
 - https://github.com/HiveProject2021/chives-blockchain
 - https://github.com/CryptoDoge-Network/cryptodoge
 - https://github.com/Flax-Network/flax-blockchain
 - https://github.com/madMAx43v3r/mmx-node

• Like 1

Morning All.

Is there a problem with the dashboard not updating the number of plots, and the disk size?

I can see in the graph that it is detecting new plots, but the dashboard is not updating.

I've been using the same plots fort the last year, but i'm just trying to add a few more now that I have better hardware to plot on.

image.thumb.png.adf2b6724ceecbe5435c89951e15e68c.pngimage.png.b8b40081e204075fab9616e4d72a3b51.png

6 hours ago, karldonteljames said:

Morning All.

Is there a problem with the dashboard not updating the number of plots, and the disk size?

I can see in the graph that it is detecting new plots, but the dashboard is not updating.

I've been using the same plots fort the last year, but i'm just trying to add a few more now that I have better hardware to plot on.

image.thumb.png.adf2b6724ceecbe5435c89951e15e68c.pngimage.png.b8b40081e204075fab9616e4d72a3b51.png

Greetings!  Could be.  Machinaris WebUI is displaying the plot counts based on the farm summary it receives from Chia fullnode.  To check for yourself, please enter the container's Console, by right-clicking on the Console item from the Unraid Admin UI | Docker tab | Machinaris container.  Then enter `chia farm summary` to see how many plots are being farmed, both locally attached and from harvesters on other machines on your LAN, if any.  Let me know if you see a discrepancy between Machinaris WebUI and this `chia farm summary` output.  Hope this helps.

Thanks the output from chia farm summary is showing 25. I have no other chia devices on my network.

Farming status: Farming
Local Harvester
   25 plots of size: 2.474 TiB
Plot count for all harvesters: 25
Total size of plots: 2.474 TiB
Estimated network space: 22.529 EiB
Expected time to win: 5 years and 4 months
For details on farmed rewards and fees you should run 'chia start wallet' and 'chia wallet show'

Edited by karldonteljames

Good morning. My wallets page does not appear to be updating properly. The "Updated At" column says 2022-07-02, so 10 days ago. The Wallet Details part, under connections, also says the "Last Connect" was Jul 02, so that appears to be frozen as well. The only part that is working is the Fiat Currency chart, that continues to update and is currently showing 12 Jul.

I've tried stopping and starting the dockers as well as deleting my wallet db's and resyncing, they are synced but the page hasn't changed. Also, "chia wallet show" in console does indeed show up-to-date information, so it appears everything is working correctly in the background, it's just not being displayed correctly.

Edited by Benji
On 7/11/2022 at 2:22 PM, karldonteljames said:

Thanks the output from chia farm summary is showing 25. I have no other chia devices on my network.

Farming status: Farming
Local Harvester
   25 plots of size: 2.474 TiB
Plot count for all harvesters: 25
Total size of plots: 2.474 TiB
Estimated network space: 22.529 EiB
Expected time to win: 5 years and 4 months
For details on farmed rewards and fees you should run 'chia start wallet' and 'chia wallet show'

Hi, if this is still a concern please try temporarily switching to the `:test` version of Machinaris to see if it helps with the display/status concern you raised.  To run the test version, go to Unraid Admin UI | Docker tab, edit the Machinaris container and change the Repoistory field to end in `:test` instead of `:latest`, then Apply button.

image.thumb.png.00b34827034978fbb7dab73bacae4bb1.png

This will pull the test image and run that.   If that does not help, please clear out the Machinaris status databases to get a fresh status.  Please let me know if that helps in your case. 

EDIT: Try this fix for Machinaris v0.8.0 from inside the container:

rm /root/.chia/machinaris/cache/cold_wallet_cache.json

Edited by guy.davis
Alternative fix
On 7/12/2022 at 4:04 AM, Benji said:

Good morning. My wallets page does not appear to be updating properly. The "Updated At" column says 2022-07-02, so 10 days ago. The Wallet Details part, under connections, also says the "Last Connect" was Jul 02, so that appears to be frozen as well. The only part that is working is the Fiat Currency chart, that continues to update and is currently showing 12 Jul.

I've tried stopping and starting the dockers as well as deleting my wallet db's and resyncing, they are synced but the page hasn't changed. Also, "chia wallet show" in console does indeed show up-to-date information, so it appears everything is working correctly in the background, it's just not being displayed correctly.

Hi, if this is still a concern please try temporarily switching to the `:test` version of Machinaris to see if it helps with the display/status concern you raised.  To run the test version, go to Unraid Admin UI | Docker tab, edit the Machinaris container and change the Repoistory field to end in `:test` instead of `:latest`, then Apply button.

This will pull the test image and run that.   If that does not help, please clear out the Machinaris status databases to get a fresh status.  Please let me know if that helps in your case. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather not use a test version, so I opted to delete the databases instead. It's been a couple of hours and the data hasn't populated. All the .db files appear to have been recreated, but they're all 20.5kb or 16.4kb, except for challenges, plots and connections.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:03 AM, Benji said:

Thanks for the reply. I'd rather not use a test version, so I opted to delete the databases instead. It's been a couple of hours and the data hasn't populated. All the .db files appear to have been recreated, but they're all 20.5kb or 16.4kb, except for challenges, plots and connections.

Fair enough.  Please troubleshoot the logs and then either create a Github Issue (with logs and screenshots) or drop details into the Machinaris Discord for a more interactive help session.

Edited by guy.davis
Alternative fix.
  • Like 1

Hello!

Is anyone else having issues with nchain? Ever since last Friday (the 8th), my nchain blockchain has stopped updating. I thought it might be related to upgrading to 6.10.3, but when I did the math, I did the upgrade several days before it stopped working...

Though, when looking at the nchain dbs, some of them stopped updating around the same time as my upgrade...

When a blockchain has stalled like this in the past, a reboot of Machinaris and the individual coins would usually fix it, but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any ideas?

Note: I'm farming almost all the other coins, and this is the only one I am having issues with.

2 hours ago, DoeBoye said:

Hello!

Is anyone else having issues with nchain? Ever since last Friday (the 8th), my nchain blockchain has stopped updating. I thought it might be related to upgrading to 6.10.3, but when I did the math, I did the upgrade several days before it stopped working...

Though, when looking at the nchain dbs, some of them stopped updating around the same time as my upgrade...

When a blockchain has stalled like this in the past, a reboot of Machinaris and the individual coins would usually fix it, but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any ideas?

Note: I'm farming almost all the other coins, and this is the only one I am having issues with.

This morning N-Chain is Synced for me.  Please try adding some peers from AllTheBlocks, currently manual steps.  In next version of Machinaris v0.8.1, adding 10 new peers from ATB is a single button click on the Connections page.

• Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, guy.davis said:

This morning N-Chain is Synced for me.  Please try adding some peers from AllTheBlocks, currently manual steps.  In next version of Machinaris v0.8.1, adding 10 new peers from ATB is a single button click on the Connections page.

As always, you have the solution!!! :).  I added some peers, and N-Chain has started syncing again.

Thanks again!

Good day!  Machinaris v0.8.1 is now available. Changes include: 

• Connections - add node peers directly from list offered by AllTheBlocks per blockchain.
  • MMX - Compute "Estimated Time to Win" from plots size, netspace size, and blocks per day.
  • New blockchains: BPX, Ecostake, Petroleum, and Profit
  • Updated: Cactus, Chiadog

image.png.9e1169549f2286544d48d91c8b18f569.png

5 hours ago, guy.davis said:

Good day!  Machinaris v0.8.1 is now available. Changes include: 

• Connections - add node peers directly from list offered by AllTheBlocks per blockchain.
  • MMX - Compute "Estimated Time to Win" from plots size, netspace size, and blocks per day.
  • New blockchains: BPX, Ecostake, Petroleum, and Profit
  • Updated: Cactus, Chiadog

image.png.9e1169549f2286544d48d91c8b18f569.png

FYI - Profit and BPX are using a same network port - 8945.  I tried changing BPX to use 8946, but it seems there are some hard-coded things that make that impossible to change easily.

10 minutes ago, Einsteinjr said:

FYI - Profit and BPX are using a same network port - 8945.  I tried changing BPX to use 8946, but it seems there are some hard-coded things that make that impossible to change easily.

Good catch.  Just pushed a replacement to the Machinaris-Profit fullnode template to use correct 8944 rather than the incorrect 8945 in template.  Updated template should appear in the next couple of hours in the Unraid App store.  Thanks for the report!

On 7/13/2022 at 3:54 PM, guy.davis said:

I tried the first fix and it didnt make a difference. Just trying the update now.

Not sure if it makes a difference but the summary page says:

No blockchains found from any farmers. Just starting up?

Please allow at least 15 minutes for blockchains to get started.

4 minutes ago, karldonteljames said:

I tried the first fix and it didnt make a difference. Just trying the update now.

Not sure if it makes a difference but the summary page says:

No blockchains found from any farmers. Just starting up?

Please allow at least 15 minutes for blockchains to get started.

Deleting the cold wallet cache has resolved the problem. Thank you.