Unraid server loses connectivity with my network transfering files to unraid server

I am running Unraid 6.9.3 in my server.  The server is primarily used to store data (pictures, movies, documents) and stream movies from  Raspberry Pi's.  I access the files from the server using a PC that is on the same network.  Almost every time I try to transfer files to the Unraid server, the CPU maxes out and the server loses connectivity from the network.  A message is displayed "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file.  Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occured".  I try to access the GUI Dashboard, I get a "Can't reach this page" message.    

Unraid system specs:

AMD Sempron 140 @2700 MHZ

BIOSTAR Group A760G M2+ motherboard

4GB DDR2 RAM

Boot Device - Cruzer 2GB flash drive

I built this system about 7 or 8 years ago and feel like it is time for an upgrade.  But before I do that, I'm hoping to understand what is going on with the current system.

Thanks guys.  Had to order a new drive so I can start the conversion process.  I read through the process and have a question - what is a screen session?  Lets say disk 6 is my new empty drive and I want to copy disk 5 to it.  I assume I can use do the copy and paste from windows explorer? 

Sorry I know only enough about Unraid just to get by.